Poll: Should Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide be legal in Canada and the United States?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide

For the last week or so my law class has been discussing the topic of euthanasia and assisted suicide, and whether these actions should be legalized in our country. My class was pretty divided on this.

Not surprisingly, all the people in my class who voted "pro-life" were the same people who were "pro-life" regarding abortions and are all heavily religious Christians.

I personally am pro-choice. I'm also non-religious (and, unrelated, no longer welcome at my old church). Does anyone else see the oh so obvious trend?

Anyway, I'm curious as to what MPGH thinks about euthanasia and assisted suicide and why they think that some people support or are against it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Fucking against it. Abortions is killing your baby.
    gtfo otta here with that bs. For YOUR mistake you're going to kill your baby? Fucking retards.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    My state along with montana and oregon allow some form of assisted suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    gtfo otta here with that bs. For YOUR mistake you're going to kill your baby? Fucking retards.
    Its easy to say when you're not the one thats pregnant.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I have two words for you, Danny-boy: rape victims.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseTea View Post

I have two words for you, Danny-boy: rape victims.
    yayayayayayaya bt still....
    idek im not even gna try and get into all this.. but personally, I just think it's a fucked up situation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    idek im not even gna try and get into all this.. but personally, I just think it's a fucked up situation.
    I'm all for it, but I can understand why it can be a difficult debate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Nothing really fucked up about it, the "baby" will never have known about its existence.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html

Thanks
    Debate Fort?
    Well on topic now, I don't agree of any types of these actions be legal, ot only on EUA and Canada, but should be prohibited on the whole world.
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post

Nothing really fucked up about it, the "baby" will never have known about its existence.
    Yeah,yeah,yeah.
    true.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Debate Fort?
    Well on topic now, I don't agree of any types of these actions be legal, ot only on EUA and Canada, but should be prohibited on the whole world.
    So someone suffering a terminal illness has to deal with an undignified, painful, ugly death, instead of making it humane and quick?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

So someone suffering a terminal illness has to deal with an undignified, painful, ugly death, instead of making it humane and quick?
    I personally don't see how the people against euthanasia (apart from the religious stand point) can't see that as a justification for allowing it. Surely people can relax there own views to help someone in pain.

The main problem is that people don't see it as a choice. If it gets legalized, that doesn't mean all the ill and old people will die. It will just give them a choice, it gives them control. With it being outlawed then you're essentially denying them any control over the one thing they wish to control, and that is how they die.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    A baby (while still inside the mother) doesn't gain any brain activity until about 5 months in, so it isn't even a baby yet. It's theirs anyway, just let them do what they want.

And on-topic, I say legal.
    If people are going to be stupid enough to kill themselves, then might as well have their friend help (since they're too retarded to do it by themselves).
    I mean, if they're terminally ill or something along the lines of that, then I can definitely see why they would. But I hate people who suicide because their life "sucks".

Off-topic again, why did you get banned from your old church @CheeseTea ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I personally don't see how the people against euthanasia (apart from the religious stand point) can't see that as a justification for allowing it. Surely people can relax there own views to help someone in pain.

The main problem is that people don't see it as a choice. If it gets legalized, that doesn't mean all the ill and old people will die. It will just give them a choice, it gives them control. With it being outlawed then you're essentially denying them any control over the one thing they wish to control, and that is how they die.
    You're literally forcing people that want to die before a disease takes them to commit suicide on their own, for possibly their family members to discover their bodies. Its easier just to let them legally do it around all their loved ones.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

You're literally forcing people that want to die before a disease takes them to commit suicide on their own, for possibly their family members to discover their bodies. Its easier just to let them legally do it around all their loved ones.
    yeah.. i agree with that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    A baby (while still inside the mother) doesn't gain any brain activity until about 5 months in, so it isn't even a baby yet. It's theirs anyway, just let them do what they want.

And on-topic, I say legal.
    If people are going to be stupid enough to kill themselves, then might as well have their friend help (since they're too retarded to do it by themselves).
    I mean, if they're terminally ill or something along the lines of that, then I can definitely see why they would. But I hate people who suicide because their life "sucks".

Off-topic again, why did you get banned from your old church @CheeseTea ?
    Assisted Suicide isn't about depression, its about people who are terminally ill, or are suffering from total quadriplegia.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

bowlcut (03-28-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast