Poll: Should Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide be legal in Canada and the United States?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Assisted Suicide isn't about depression, its about people who are terminally ill, or are suffering from total quadriplegia.
    Sweet. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Well, I think abortion is not murder if it's not exactly a fetus yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    Off-topic again, why did you get banned from your old church @CheeseTea ?
    It's a really fickle reason, actually.

I began to question the Bible. I started becoming interesting in theories such as string theory or theories stated in Stephen Hawking's latest book, The Grand Design.

I began talking to members of my Youth Group about science, which none of them had ever taken in school before due to being heavily religious and going to Catholic schools (regardless of this being a Baptist Church).

On top of this, I began reading novels by Phillip Pullman, whose works have been referred to as "atheism for kids" by many Christian critics.

I then began researching hate crimes committed by Christian churches, and the incredible numbers of sexual assaults and rape by pastors and priests.

Regardless, the final straw was a passage I brought to YG from the novel Life of Pi. It more or less stated that all religions are equal.

For the rest of the evening everyone was quite civil, however by the time I was home I had been removed from the Church's FaceBook page. Similarly, any photos which I had been in had been removed from the page and all of my tags had also been removed. A large number of YG members also removed me from their friend's list.

I went to the church again around Christmas and found that no one would talk to me, or even acknowledge that I was there. Even older women in their late eighties who I've known all my life refused to talk to me, or urgently needed to find their seats. Photos of myself which had been on the church billboard for years (all children, even guests to the church, have their photo put up around some stupid billboard) had been removed, and my name was removed from the list of church members.

So there ya go.

I've basically set myself against the Church, particularly Christianity since that point.

It doesn't matter much though. I've always had too many opinions to be a good, unquestioning, faithful, hypocritical Christian.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseTea View Post
    For the last week or so my law class has been discussing the topic of euthanasia and assisted suicide, and whether these actions should be legalized in our country. My class was pretty divided on this.

Not surprisingly, all the people in my class who voted "pro-life" were the same people who were "pro-life" regarding abortions and are all heavily religious Christians.

I personally am pro-choice. I'm also non-religious (and, unrelated, no longer welcome at my old church). Does anyone else see the oh so obvious trend?

Anyway, I'm curious as to what MPGH thinks about euthanasia and assisted suicide and why they think that some people support or are against it.
    Isnt Euthanasia same as ASsisted suicide?
    I am doing this for a Pro Con project in my school
    Since I go to Law School We gotta learn about these shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Killing is killing no matter what.

Windows File--------Anime Lord--------Wax.

Donate To Me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

It's a really fickle reason, actually.

I began to question the Bible. I started becoming interesting in theories such as string theory or theories stated in Stephen Hawking's latest book, The Grand Design.

I began talking to members of my Youth Group about science, which none of them had ever taken in school before due to being heavily religious and going to Catholic schools (regardless of this being a Baptist Church).

On top of this, I began reading novels by Phillip Pullman, whose works have been referred to as "atheism for kids" by many Christian critics.

I then began researching hate crimes committed by Christian churches, and the incredible numbers of sexual assaults and rape by pastors and priests.

Regardless, the final straw was a passage I brought to YG from the novel Life of Pi. It more or less stated that all religions are equal.

For the rest of the evening everyone was quite civil, however by the time I was home I had been removed from the Church's FaceBook page. Similarly, any photos which I had been in had been removed from the page and all of my tags had also been removed. A large number of YG members also removed me from their friend's list.

I went to the church again around Christmas and found that no one would talk to me, or even acknowledge that I was there. Even older women in their late eighties who I've known all my life refused to talk to me, or urgently needed to find their seats. Photos of myself which had been on the church billboard for years (all children, even guests to the church, have their photo put up around some stupid billboard) had been removed, and my name was removed from the list of church members.

So there ya go.

I've basically set myself against the Church, particularly Christianity since that point.

It doesn't matter much though. I've always had too many opinions to be a good, unquestioning, faithful, hypocritical Christian.
    I always hated Christianity, or most religions for that matter. They get so butthurt too easily. That's why I'm a Deist. I can disprove atheism AND Christians at the same time! It feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by windows File View Post
    Killing is killing no matter what.
    They should get punished for this :|

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin Skywalker View Post

Isnt Euthanasia same as ASsisted suicide?
    I am doing this for a Pro Con project in my school
    Since I go to Law School We gotta learn about these shit.
    Assisted suicide occurs when a person — typically someone suffering from an incurable illness or chronic intense pain — intentionally kills himself with the help of another individual.

For example, a doctor may prescribe drugs with the understanding that the patient plans to use them to overdose fatally. Or a doctor may insert an intravenous needle into the arm of a patient, who then pushes a switch to trigger a fatal injection.

Assisted suicide differs from euthanasia, in which someone other than the patient ends the patient's life as painlessly as possible.

Euthanasia may be active, such as when a doctor gives a lethal injection to a patient.

It can also be passive, in cases where a physician doesn't resuscitate a patient whose heart has stopped. Or it can happen when a doctor removes life-support equipment.

-CBC

Thanks

Assisted suicide occurs when a person — typically someone suffering from an incurable illness or chronic intense pain — intentionally kills himself with the help of another individual.

For example, a doctor may prescribe drugs with the understanding that the patient plans to use them to overdose fatally. Or a doctor may insert an intravenous needle into the arm of a patient, who then pushes a switch to trigger a fatal injection.

Assisted suicide differs from euthanasia, in which someone other than the patient ends the patient's life as painlessly as possible.

Euthanasia may be active, such as when a doctor gives a lethal injection to a patient.

It can also be passive, in cases where a physician doesn't resuscitate a patient whose heart has stopped. Or it can happen when a doctor removes life-support equipment.

-CBC
    Im just asking aint they the same thing lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    prohibition.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin Skywalker View Post

Im just asking aint they the same thing lol
    In a nutshell.

Assisted Suicide = Patient ends life.

Euthanasia = Doctor ends life for patient.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    For the last week or so my law class has been discussing the topic of euthanasia and assisted suicide, and whether these actions should be legalized in our country. My class was pretty divided on this.

Not surprisingly, all the people in my class who voted "pro-life" were the same people who were "pro-life" regarding abortions and are all heavily religious Christians.

I personally am pro-choice. I'm also non-religious (and, unrelated, no longer welcome at my old church). Does anyone else see the oh so obvious trend?

Anyway, I'm curious as to what MPGH thinks about euthanasia and assisted suicide and why they think that some people support or are against it.
    I am confused. This is not about Maple Syrup...

FETUS IS A PERSON TOO.
    [IMG]https://i1091.photobucke*****m/albums/i382/RianGrimm/drift.jpg[/IMG]
    From Vocal

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Based God For This Useful Post:

CheeseTea (03-28-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Genesis View Post

FETUS IS A PERSON TOO.
    Most abortions occur during the embryonic stage. In my opinion the fetus only becomes a "person" when it reaches the viability point which is around 5 months into the gestational period.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by -Genesis View Post

I know. It's a first...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

In a nutshell.

Assisted Suicide = Patient ends life.

Euthanasia = Doctor ends life for patient.
    Ah
    Thought it was da same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12