Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by SNal2F View Post
    look for simple d3d mesh examples https://www.codesampler.com/dx9src/dx9src_7.htm

then create the mesh and set the translation world matrix with settransform

really not that difficult
    [YOUTUBE]6I-g0Z0-zfw[/YOUTUBE]
    You sir, can hop in my bed at anytime.
    | Buy Premium MC accounts CHEAP Click here |
    Respected seller.
    Check my vouches in the first post of the above MC account thread ^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by topblast View Post

can i say this?

you just talked a WHOLE ball of SHIT!
    you just said what i said .... only made it hurt people head.
    i feel appreciated now

i kinda just wanted to dum it down a bit more and get into the vertexes, its not a ball of shit, its just it's core

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    alright, let me explain this in simple terms for you.

A 3D object has a number of edges that defines its point. A cube, for example, has eight of these points. These points are called vertices.

To draw a box in DirectX, you must first define where these points are. We use a special structure for this:
    Code:
    struct Vertex
    {
        VECTOR3 position;
        DWORD color;    
    }
    As you can see, our vertex consists of two pieces of data - the position and color. We define these points in a 3D space, and each edge has its own color that will be mixed with the other edges.

You then pass this data to the graphics card, which will draw a cube from those points for you, with those colors. Of course, games don't use colors - they use textures ! That's about all a box, or any other object is - a bunch of interconnected points. Heck, your player models are just aggregations of 20 million of these points, which gives the illusion of a smooth shape, like how a curved line can be drawn from many straight lines slightly different from the previous!

I hope I've adequately explained the basics for you. If not, sorry, my phone restricts what I can type.
    Last edited by freedompeace; 04-09-2011 at 06:49 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to freedompeace For This Useful Post:

flameswor10 (04-09-2011)

Far from around you Programmer: C++ | VB | C# | JAVA
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    look for simple d3d mesh examples CodeSampler.com - Direct3D (DirectX 9.0) - Page 7

then create the mesh and set the translation world matrix with settransform

really not that difficult
    [YOUTUBE]6I-g0Z0-zfw[/YOUTUBE]
    that will be a waste .. and really i dont think they are much people here with the DirectX skills to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
    alright, let me explain this in simple terms for you.

A 3D object has a number of edges that defines its point. A cube, for example, has six of these points. These points are called vertices.

To draw a box in DirectX, you must first define where these points are. We use a special structure for this:
    Code:
    struct Vertex
    {
        VECTOR3 position;
        DWORD color;    
    }
    As you can see, our vertex consists of two pieces of data - the position and color. We define these points in a 3D space, and each edge has its own color that will be mixed with the other edges.

You then pass this data to the graphics card, which will draw a cube from those points for you, with those colors. Of course, games don't use colors - they use textures ! That's about all a box, or any other object is - a bunch of interconnected points. Heck, your player models are just aggregations of 20 million of these points, which gives the illusion of a smooth shape, like how a curved line can be drawn from many straight lines slightly different from the previous!

I hope I've adequately explained the basics for you. If not, sorry, my phone restricts what I can type.

/Wonders if I should start making tutorials.
    @Freedomepeace : A cube have 6 faces, 8 points, you dont need all those points to draw a smooth curve because directX does an effect that make things look smooth for you. and you forgot to give the the CustomFVF

@ who ever cares : Remember i give you a source for Texture Mapping, well that is simular to this, It simply Draws a 2D Rectangle consisting 4 points/vertexes. Then Maps a texture around the using the UV coords.

I release an effect of a spinning Box with a texture mapped around each face. I also added lighting :P and stuff but we talking about 3d Objects.

a Textured object requires uv coordinates. to position the texture aroung the face, you can pull it in some places and shrink it in others.

I have a little example source of a Texture being mapped around a Rectangle in 3D space if you want is MSN me

finish101@hotmail.com
    Last edited by topblast; 04-09-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    I just like programming, that is all.

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Client/Server (Cloud Server)
    • Mobile App Development

Thanks

that will be a waste .. and really i dont think they are much people here with the DirectX skills to do that.

how is that a waste he asked for 3D objects it doesnt lag that bad

@ directx skills ummm I linked to a page that shows you how to draw a mesh..........its really not that

difficult and is easier then a world to screen
    Last edited by SNal2F; 04-09-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    how is that a waste he asked for 3D objects it doesnt lag that bad

@ directx skills ummm I linked to a page that shows you how to draw a mesh..........its really not that

difficult and is easier then a world to screen
    i meant drawing it to players. you can show them as much code as you want.. they might not understand.

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Mobile App Development

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffang0000 View Post
    i feel appreciated now

i kinda just wanted to dum it down a bit more and get into the vertexes, its not a ball of shit, its just it's core
    Done with Godmode yet?
    Dont ban me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

@Freedomepeace : A cube have 6 faces, 8 points, you dont need all those points to draw a smooth curve because directX does an effect that make things look smooth for you. and you forgot to give the the CustomFVF

@ who ever cares : Remember i give you a source for Texture Mapping, well that is simular to this, It simply Draws a 2D Rectangle consisting 4 points/vertexes. Then Maps a texture around the using the UV coords.

I release an effect of a spinning Box with a texture mapped around each face. I also added lighting :P and stuff but we talking about 3d Objects.

a Textured object requires uv coordinates. to position the texture aroung the face, you can pull it in some places and shrink it in others.

I have a little example source of a Texture being mapped around a Rectangle in 3D space if you want is MSN me

finish101@hotmail.com
    topblast, you make good points, but they are irrelevant. I was giving a simplified explanation, not programmatic tutorial.

"A cube have 6 faces, 8 points, you dont need all those points to draw a smooth curve"
    How do you get a smooth curve out of a square? 0.o

"you forgot to give the the CustomFVF"
    No I didn't (:

"Remember i give you a source for Texture Mapping, well that is simular to this, It simply Draws a 2D Rectangle consisting 4 points/vertexes. Then Maps a texture around the using the UV coords."
    I don't remember, but yeah that's all it is. Replace your colour with a texture coordinates, set the texture, and viola :)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post

topblast, you make good points, but they are irrelevant. I was giving a simplified explanation, not programmatic tutorial.

"A cube have 6 faces, 8 points, you dont need all those points to draw a smooth curve"
    How do you get a smooth curve out of a square? 0.o

"you forgot to give the the CustomFVF"
    No I didn't (:

"Remember i give you a source for Texture Mapping, well that is simular to this, It simply Draws a 2D Rectangle consisting 4 points/vertexes. Then Maps a texture around the using the UV coords."
    I don't remember, but yeah that's all it is. Replace your colour with a texture coordinates, set the texture, and viola
    "How do you get a smooth curve out of a square? 0.o"
    Well i didnt mean for the squares, but you dont need so many points to make a smooth surface.

"No I didn't (:"
    Sharing is caring

"I don't remember, but yeah that's all it is. Replace your colour with a texture coordinates, set the texture, and viola "
    Here you go sir
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/207-combat-arms-hack-coding-source-code/241824-texture-mapping-drawtexbox.html#post3356114

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Mobile App Development

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12