Poll: For or Not for year round schooling

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you think about it though, you'd be outta School sooner = faster graduation and faster way of getting your life on tract.
    And you will be a freshmen in college with no pubic Hair

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    ^this is correct

^this is correct, yet I don't see how 13 year olds wouldn't have hit puberty by then

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    wouldn't have time for my jobs that i have. wouldn't be able to have as much fun.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    no to year round schooling.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsuccessfulJr View Post
    no to year round schooling.
    Yes to year round partying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    >My face when there were talks of US needing to shorten schooling.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Year round schooling doesn't necessarily take away the total amount of days off, they're just spread across the school year, this way you dont have large breaks while attending school. The problem with the summer break system is that kids who don't bother keeping ideas they learned a year ago fresh, which most kids dont since they're just out and about all summer, it means that when the come into class the next school year they actually know less than what they did before break started.

The only reason the US has a summer break is because the US made schooling mandatory. This caught a lot of flack from citizens in the agricultural field because school meant they would lose one hand at the farm which means either hiring another person to do the work or have more work per person. The government came up with a compromise which we now know as summer break. This was to allow farmers to have their children at home farming at the time they needed them the most, the time when you had to process the harvest from spring and then set up and replant any crops you want to harvest for next spring.

The issue now is that there isn't very much use for summer break since a majority of students no longer come from an agricultural family. So what was meant as a practical solution to a pretty daunting problem back in the day has now actually become a problem for our students now. I personally think its an absolute waste of time to have a summer break, why spend all of our tax money having to play catch up every year when we're already behind on a world stage in terms of education?
    Last edited by iverson954360; 04-13-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Year-round schooling
    Pros: Less dumb-shits
    Cons: NO FUCKING CONS NOW GO STUDY
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I believe year around school would've benefited me far more then our current system. After those long ass breaks, especially summer break, I wanted school to start back up again. Without breaks throughout the school year, I was always wanting school to end. If there were breaks in between and there was no endless routine, school would've worked out better than it has.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I LOVE MY SUMMER GUCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12