Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Who else is in this predicament?

My parents are divorcing after 22 years together. Call me a fool for not noticing this, but apparently they've been slowly separating for the last couple of months. My father moved into our guest room, complaining to my brother and I that he has "back pain" and can't sleep comfortably on him and my mother's bed. It took it as it was, and didn't push any more info about it. I sincerely thought he had pains; I took his word for it. After a few more months, about September, is when my bro and I began to be more aware, more conscious of their arguments, my mom's dislike for him - all that. Since then, my parents have moved away from each other under my mom's decision. I'm now living with her in a 3-bedroom 2-bathroom apartment. Its not bad here, I kinda like it. Things have been going okay, not as great as before, but it feels like my family is even more stretched. I'm distant with almost all of my family. I purposely avoid contact with my dad, letting my phone ring, claim to have plans, etc. I've never been that close with him, but never did I not want him around. It seems now that we don't have any common ground. Nothing we're both interested in. My mom, on the other hand, I've always been fairly close with. There has never been a problem stopping us from co-existing, keeping the peace, whatever you wanna call it. Lately, though, I've pushed her away, along with my brother. Now, since this divorce, I still sometimes see my dad out of guilt, and he updates me on the info - whats going on between him and my mom, his personal life, all that. From the info he gives me, it seems he's doing his best to help my mom, since he makes double the money my mom does, and both my brother and I are living with her (the food and utilities bill adds up with growing teenagers in the house). He tells me he never stopped loving my mom, but that he can't make her stay, so let her go. I don't know why, but once again, I found that to be self-evident, and never looked further with my own eyes. Today, my mom came home upset. Most of the time, I'm always locked away in my room, oblivious from everything around me; my escape from life. Normally when I move to do drugs. Lately I've been snorting MDPV + 2C-E, MDPV is a strong stimulant with effects similar to Adderall, and 2C-E being LSD's downy brother. As my fellow ADHD peeps know, Adderall makes you want to get up and get shit done. So, I did something I usually never do. I asked her whats up.

She moves on to a long, dragged out, teary eyed story of how she thinks my dad to be truly trying to make life for her here as hard as possible, trying to make her move back to Texas, where my mom's family is. At first, I was taken aback, "my dad? No, he's wouldn't do that." But she made a few extra points to me that truly hit home. He has a much simpler schedule, doesn't have to work as much as her, and, as I already knew, he makes double the money, but complains to my brother that money is really tight, and he has none to spare. And, with all this free time, what has he been doing? All the times he says he'd like to see my brother and I, he never does. How much time is he devoting to this new girlfriend of his?

I'm not even sure what the hell is going on. I hear my dad's story, and my mom's, and since they never provide much details to any events, I DON'T KNOW WHO TO FUCKING BELIEVE. I look back on the time I've spent with them and think, "What if...?" Wondering about the things I may not have noticed then, and that there may be way more to my parents than I've ever seen. Like they could both be lying about parts of their life.
    Last edited by Killian; 04-13-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Just don't worry about it stuff will go by but always keep the backbone and never look back.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Damn bro, I feel you. You have to be going through some shit right now, but just keep chilling, things will work out. Don't let your thoughts get the best of you, because they will in a situation like that. Life is a fucked up things, you've just got to play with the cards you've been dealt.

I wish you the best of luck, my nigga

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Sad story bro.

When through something similar to this.
    [IMG]https://i929.photobucke*****m/albums/ad139/Shadow2ko/FireSignature.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    @Sunday. so... ban on this one or your main?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    kinda what i went though, except my parents separated after 14 years.

who knows, i like my parents being separated.. maybe you'll like it too.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    The whole point of your parents playing the blame game when they're around you is to help build a story for themselves in the court. They might be telling you certain things to make one person seem like the bad guy, this will help them if they call on you to give testimonies and shit.

Just keep in mind while your parents tell you sob stories that parents can be manipulative too, not just their kids.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Woah. My cousins went through the same thing and they were forced to choose who they wanted to be with. their mother which had cared for them all of their lives. it was an obvious choice because their dad was a crackwhore and pretty much a dickhead. Man I fell for you bro. all the best
    Dicks, That is all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    I am somewhat having you problem. My dad drove away yesterday
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by ʙʟᴜᴇ View Post
    I am somewhat having you problem. My dad drove away yesterday
    That means he went and picked up a hooker =/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    That means he went and picked up a hooker =/
    No that means he left my family.
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    The whole point of your parents playing the blame game when they're around you is to help build a story for themselves in the court. They might be telling you certain things to make one person seem like the bad guy, this will help them if they call on you to give testimonies and shit.

Just keep in mind while your parents tell you sob stories that parents can be manipulative too, not just their kids.
    Thats at the forefront of my thoughts on this. The feeling of being manipulated eats at me; fills me with rage. To think the things my dad has been telling me as it is, and find they're not true. That bastard, fuck him. Fuck this whole thing. There's no reason to lie to me, all I asked for is the truth, and I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post

Thats at the forefront of my thoughts on this. The feeling of being manipulated eats at me; fills me with rage. To think the things my dad has been telling me and find they're not true. That bastard, fuck him. Fuck this whole thing. There's no reason to lie to me, all I asked for is the truth, and I can't find it anywhere.

You just gotta be based. You shouldn't take it so hard, you only have a few years left before you can go be on your own, away from any sort of family bull shit.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    My mother and father got divorced before I was born.

Dealing with step parents for the majority of your life is a giant dick suck.
    Look on the bright side, least they raised you this far together.

But don't hate them for not being truthful though,
    I'm sure they were keeping it away from you guys so it didn't hurt you.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 04-13-2011 at 04:34 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (04-14-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post

You just gotta be based. You shouldn't take it so hard, you only have a few years left before you can go be on your own, away from any sort of family bull shit.
    I've spent hours thinking about life away from here, and can't wait for it. I know I shouldn't let this bother me, but I can't help but think about it. I just want the truth, and none of are willing to provide the full story.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I swear to god, just go listen to Lil b and swag the fuck out. You'll feel awesome.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

Polo™ (04-13-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast