Thread: New Sub Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

New Sub Forum

We Need a new sub forum set to private, the only way you can read it is to be set in a certain group by a mod. All the leet hacks would be posted there that the community does not want shared to the public.

Qualification for the Group would be
    300+ Posts.
    20+ Thanks

or

Referral by a highly trusted member.

These probably will be changed, just some ideas I had for it. If we had this the items commands would probably not have been leaked for a while. Im also glad they didn't ban me :|

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wescooldude3 For This Useful Post:

Cal (04-26-2011),dragon73 (04-26-2011),spoonstar (04-26-2011)

Thanks
    That's actually a good idea. The fact that the item creation hack was leaked into public eyes and abused to the point the Nexon did emergency maintenance during one work day speaks volumes about the need for some things to not be tossed about.

Thanks
    or no post requirement just the Thanks requirement or a referral

last thing u want are trolls spamming the forums trying to get the post count

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    maybe even a vip/donators spot ?
    Its ok to hate me
    im used to it

Forum lurker

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Good idea!
    ( Starts upping post count )

Thanks
    well the problem is it's a system that betrays itself

if u want thanks and posts u have to give ppl hacks. you get more thanks if its a hack noone knows about which at the same time are the same hacks you don't want the public to know.

the easiest way to get thanks is to dig up some posts and compile them into your own tutorial on how to do the hacks which makes it easier for the mindless leechers who you were trying to prevent from using the hacks in the 1st place.

so the whole idea of trying to get thanks and posts is counter productive towards protecting hacks by keeping them low profile.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rava For This Useful Post:

Corntoast (04-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    The Combat Arms section does it, and it works perfectly
    Only trusted members w/ 1000+ post count get in
    Simple
    I approve of a post-requirement sub-section
    At LEAST 1000 should be good
    Even I don't have that much, but I don't spam either
    I get my post count up 50 a day, all I do is be active and contribute
    "Aren't you the guy that made unlimited respawn for CA along time ago? That was epic." - [MPGH]AVGN

Thanks
    The issue with this is that even hackers themselves would abuse this command for profit. Like people seeing others selling 10 pieces of a certain high level armor. Etc. The fact is, it still would have eventually to be found. Also people always leak the commands out. Same like Redrage's hfs compiler/decompiler. Was in another forum's private forums. The private forums were onyl allowed access to modders and donators. What do we see now? People posting it on other forums and such.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rava View Post
    well the problem is it's a system that betrays itself

if u want thanks and posts u have to give ppl hacks. you get more thanks if its a hack noone knows about which at the same time are the same hacks you don't want the public to know.

the easiest way to get thanks is to dig up some posts and compile them into your own tutorial on how to do the hacks which makes it easier for the mindless leechers who you were trying to prevent from using the hacks in the 1st place.

so the whole idea of trying to get thanks and posts is counter productive towards protecting hacks by keeping them low profile.
    Actually you can get thanked a lot of being actually helpful instead of recompiling old shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by wescooldude3 View Post
    We Need a new sub forum set to private, the only way you can read it is to be set in a certain group by a mod. All the leet hacks would be posted there that the community does not want shared to the public.

Qualification for the Group would be
    300+ Posts.
    20+ Thanks

or

Referral by a highly trusted member.

These probably will be changed, just some ideas I had for it. If we had this the items commands would probably not have been leaked for a while. Im also glad they didn't ban me :|
    Wow,you read my mind exactly what I was thinking there should be a VIP section for codes like this that only those who are members can view

Thanks
    a good idea in theory, but it'd encourage spamming to raise postcounts, not to mention someone could just create alternate accounts to thank his own posts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bunston For This Useful Post:

UlRRvtk7 (04-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Then raise the minimum
    No one is going to make 50 accounts just to thank one of his own
    Even if they did, nearby minions would look out for new/suspicious members in the VIP section
    /ban(sledge)hammer
    "Aren't you the guy that made unlimited respawn for CA along time ago? That was epic." - [MPGH]AVGN

Thanks
    raising the minimum further encourages spamming.

you don't need 50 accounts. all you would need is one alternate account to thank each of the main account's fifty posts.

you probably wouldn't see them in the VIP section because if that's where the hacks were posted, all they would have to do is read and download without having to post in there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bunston View Post
    a good idea in theory, but it'd encourage spamming to raise postcounts, not to mention someone could just create alternate accounts to thank his own posts
    This. Every time I see people say 'oh VIP this and post count that' I think of the impending spamstorm and die a little inside.

Thanks
    Posting requirements sucks, probably just a referral system would be best.
    On all the forums I've been on, I hate to post because most of it would be meaningless spam anyways.

If you want proof of concept, look at HD's console threads. pretty much all of the posts except for the original post made by him is spam shit with people begging/raging/flaming about how they can't get the password.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast