Thanks

I'd like to attempt .dll writing.

I've been lurking on the forums for the past month, and I've noticed in a span of about two weeks several things were taken away from the "leechers". (I, would be one of those yes.)
    So, I decided instead of just sitting idly by and just copy pasting a bunch of cmds from the .hfs files, I'd like to start learning how .dll works when it comes to writing one. (For obvious reasons that can be found in H_D's console thread.)

Now, I figure google searching would be a start, but I hit a lot of results with google. And I'd specifically like to mess with the source engine, due to the fact I play Vindictus. So, I'd like some assistance in getting me started towards this, I'm not expecting myself to pick it up immediately, or for this to be easy. I would just like to be able to contribute to the community instead of just lurking all the time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyo View Post
    I've been lurking on the forums for the past month, and I've noticed in a span of about two weeks several things were taken away from the "leechers". (I, would be one of those yes.)
    So, I decided instead of just sitting idly by and just copy pasting a bunch of cmds from the .hfs files, I'd like to start learning how .dll works when it comes to writing one. (For obvious reasons that can be found in H_D's console thread.)

Now, I figure google searching would be a start, but I hit a lot of results with google. And I'd specifically like to mess with the source engine, due to the fact I play Vindictus. So, I'd like some assistance in getting me started towards this, I'm not expecting myself to pick it up immediately, or for this to be easy. I would just like to be able to contribute to the community instead of just lurking all the time.
    You will need the Source SDK. Wasnt there some tutorial on how to write a hook for Vindi?

Thanks
    Also, maybe lurk for a while at the Coder's Lounge for useful info.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UlRRvtk7 For This Useful Post:

Piyo (04-27-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicdel View Post
    You will need the Source SDK. Wasnt there some tutorial on how to write a hook for Vindi?
    Um, I think so. I'll go look at it right now, I wasn't exactly sure what the thread meant by "hook" so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/423-vindic...vindictus.html
    Google is your friend, make us leechers proud!
    Last edited by RiffleRaffle; 04-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffleRaffle View Post
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/423-vindic...vindictus.html
    Google is your friend, make us leechers proud!
    Oh, that's where it went xD I didn't think of googling for it Haha, I freaked out since there was only one page. ><