Thanks

Idea to improve the whole MPGH experience.

Here's an idea...

I think a side band and "R" lvls would be good, only VIP or Regulars ("R") could view.

You could get an "R" (regular) symbol on your profile or above your avatar
    There would be 3 levels of "R"
    Green [IMG]https://i6.photobucke*****m/albums/y235/Noregrets187/profile_regular.gif[/IMG] = nub
    Red [IMG]https://i6.photobucke*****m/albums/y235/Noregrets187/profile_regular_red.gif[/IMG] = Non nub
    Blue [IMG]https://i6.photobucke*****m/albums/y235/Noregrets187/profile_regular_blue.gif[/IMG] = Mods/Admin/Dave

Each color represents a certain level of access.
    No whining about shit, you earn the next level through
    "Props" or use the existing "Thanks" (props would be better in my opinion, to keep the "thanks" in proper use.)
    To stop just anyone from propping, the only way to reach the next highest level of "R" would be to get propped 10 (or whatever amount) times by people who are already that color lvl.
    Example, Green "R" (nubs) would need to get 10 props from any Red "R" (non nubs) people to get to that next "R" lvl of Red.
    [IMG]https://i6.photobucke*****m/albums/y235/Noregrets187/Props.png[/IMG] (Example)
    In the Example picture, you see that the user has no "R" status, and has been propped 1 time. If the user would be propped 9 more times by Green "R" users, then they would get the "R" status.

+ prop if you want then to lvl up
    - prop if you don't.
    1 + or - prop per person per day.

You could have the amount of props shown on the users profile so someone knows weather to + or - prop them. (only higher lvls can see prop amounts so no begging or bribing happens)

Green "R" can't download shit. Only view designated threads.
    Red "R" Has access to most areas (unless VIP)
    Blue "R" access everything

The side band (messages only viewable to those of the same lvl "R" or higher) in the threads. You can choose what color you wanna post in if you have more than one choice to stop certain people from viewing.
    All links can be posted in Red or Blue sideband only. (Stops Green leachers).

The thread stays the same, just a small bar to talk in side band if you choose to do so at the end of a message. The color of the side band is the color background of the message.

If you're not a certain color, you see a regular thread as if side band wasn't even there. So no whining about why they can't download or w/e because they can't even see it exists.
    They won't know of links because they would be in sideband.

Green nubs who get VIP's can automatically get a Red "R" or "VIP R" until it expires, then they go to previous color lvl of Green unless propped to Red or Blue in that time frame.
    Abuse of the props or lvls can result in perma ban

idk, it's an idea. It could work, save a lot of drama, useless thread posts and headaches.

add to it if you choose, say your thoughts.

-Rev
    Last edited by noregrets187; 08-19-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added example pictures.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Confusing... btw fix your signature. add a [ by center...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oneirish View Post
    Confusing... btw fix your signature. add a [ by center...
    Yeah, it can be confusing. It's just so much that ties into each other so there aren't loop holes.
    Easier explained verbally.

I saw my sig was screwed up right after I posted this.

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    well for one i think your idea is fail sauce. We have our own ranking system including Superuers and KGB members :O. I wouldn't expect any of you guys to know about them. They were created long ago and died out rather long ago.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    well for one i think your idea is fail sauce. We have our own ranking system including Superuers and KGB members :O. I wouldn't expect any of you guys to know about them. They were created long ago and died out rather long ago.
    See, the "system" failed long ago. Time to update it. What's the worst that could happen? It fail too... worth a shot, or at the very least, consideration. I mean ffs, just to stop the nub whining is worth it alone, not to mention the leachers and spammers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    i know about supers ect iverson
    btw this thread was a epic fail

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by optimum2393 View Post
    i know about supers ect iverson
    btw this thread was a epic fail
    Instead of spamming my thread with your babble shit, how about contributing something remotely useful?!

Epic fail, well... maybe if you all actually TRIED to have some type of input besides criticism and bullshit posts. Someone's idea could actually be HELPFUL. ffs, it's not that hard to read and say, oh hey, maybe this could improve... blah blah blah, no instead, you put "epic fail" yeah that's real helpful. No wonder you're in the cock sucker group.

blow me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    STFU there is no need to change the rank system fool
    it would improve nothing and as for """See, the "system" failed long ago""".
    you have some power where you could tell that mpgh rank system fails with 23 posts and a join date of july 08

and btw i asked to be put in CS u fucking moron so dont talk about shit that you dont know

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by optimum2393 View Post
    STFU there is no need to change the rank system fool
    it would improve nothing and as for """See, the "system" failed long ago""".
    you have some power where you could tell that mpgh rank system fails with 23 posts and a join date of july 08

and btw i asked to be put in CS u fucking moron so dont talk about shit that you dont know
    It would change nothing? The REGULARS would have all control of who can and can NOT access or download anything unless they are VIP. Christ, it's not that difficult.

The NUBS, wouldn't even see the damn links, or threads PERIOD. So they can't harass or spam IF THEY CAN'T SEE IT!

BTW...I don't give a rats ass if you asked, or were placed in the group because you suck more cock than a whore on payday. I could give a shit less. You obviously wanted to be in the group because you like the thought of a potential cock floating above your head. Keep those things private.

It failed long ago, because maybe... no one gave a shit. Now it's too late, and you have spammers and leachers up the ass so far you can taste their ball sweat and no one knows what to do.

It would also help the non registered lurkers who wait and pounce on any free download.
    It's not about changing the damn ranking system, it changes the view of the threads and the site.

Maybe more people would contribute to things if there weren't jackasses floating around looking for every available opportunity to flame someone. You have been here for how long, and have how many posts? How many were actually fucking useful enough that it made a difference? So, next time instead of bashing, take a lesson on using that noodle of yours for something else other than what you do now. Maybe you wouldn't be such a cock sucker irl k?

Do yourself a favor, don't even reply. No one cares.

My apology to everyone else who is reading this and it might offend. I hate people who bash someone that actually tries to contribute and make things more enjoyable. If I offended you, I am sorry.
    Last edited by noregrets187; 08-20-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: apology

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    on the contrary, i think CS is cool. Their names are RED, RED FOR GODS SAKE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noregrets187 View Post
    It would change nothing? The REGULARS would have all control of who can and can NOT access or download anything unless they are VIP. Christ, it's not that difficult.

The NUBS, wouldn't even see the damn links, or threads PERIOD. So they can't harass or spam IF THEY CAN'T SEE IT!

BTW...I don't give a rats ass if you asked, or were placed in the group because you suck more cock than a whore on payday. I could give a shit less. You obviously wanted to be in the group because you like the thought of a potential cock floating above your head. Keep those things private.

It failed long ago, because maybe... no one gave a shit. Now it's too late, and you have spammers and leachers up the ass so far you can taste their ball sweat and no one knows what to do.

It would also help the non registered lurkers who wait and pounce on any free download.
    It's not about changing the damn ranking system, it changes the view of the threads and the site.

Maybe more people would contribute to things if there weren't jackasses floating around looking for every available opportunity to flame someone. You have been here for how long, and have how many posts? How many were actually fucking useful enough that it made a difference? So, next time instead of bashing, take a lesson on using that noodle of yours for something else other than what you do now. Maybe you wouldn't be such a cock sucker irl k?

Do yourself a favor, don't even reply. No one cares.

My apology to everyone else who is reading this and it might offend. I hate people who bash someone that actually tries to contribute and make things more enjoyable. If I offended you, I am sorry.
    about the noobs not seeing links they would just spam instead .... im the sado flaming am i well who's writing essays flamin me hmm?
    i dont give to shits about what u think

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by optiforce View Post
    about the noobs not seeing links they would just spam instead .... im the sado flaming am i well who's writing essays flamin me hmm?
    i dont give to shits about what u think
    You spam, you don't get propped (or banned) if you don't get propped, no downloads for you. That easy, if you want access... follow the rules. If you spam after getting an "R" you get demoted and back to no downloading. (unless its legal spam)

(by you, I don't mean "you" personally.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmyforce View Post
    on the contrary, i think CS is cool. Their names are RED, RED FOR GODS SAKE!
    so you think sucking cock is cool?

[IMG]https://www.terminally-incoheren*****m/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Q; 08-21-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    ◑` ◔
    ╔═╗IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZA
    ║▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░
    ╚═╝SHOOP DA WOOP

[IMG]https://www.danasof*****m/sigzorzsign.jpg[/IMG]

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
    THE MORAL: WHEN YOU'RE FULL OF BULL, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

gimmie ur soul bitches

RESPECT LIST:
    oh yeah, that's right, I HATE ALL OF YOU
    except navi and arun and hood