Poll: Which issues are you most worried about?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Post What problems are you worried about??

What issues are you worried about right now? Depending on if your a Conservative or Liberal it would vary.

CONSERVATIVES - believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.

Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

LIBERALS - believe in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the State to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Believe that people are basically good.

Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve people's problems.

Abortion

Conservative
    Abortion Human life begins at conception. Abortion is the murder of a human being. Nobody has the right to murder a human being.

Support legislation to prohibit partial birth abortions, called the "Partial Birth Abortion Ban" (partial birth abortion - the killing of an unborn baby of at least 20 weeks by pulling it out of the birth canal with forceps, but leaving the head inside. An incision is made in the back of the baby's neck and the brain tissue is suctioned out. The head is then removed from the uterus.)

Liberal
    A fetus is not a human life.
    The decision to have an abortion is a personal choice of a woman regarding her own body and the government should stay out of it. Women should be guaranteed the right to a safe and legal abortion, including partial birth abortion.

Death Penalty

Conservative
    Death penalty The death penalty is a punishment that fits the crime; it is neither ‘cruel' nor ‘unusual'. Executing a murderer is the appropriate punishment for taking an innocent life.

Liberal
    We should abolish the death penalty. The death penalty is inhumane and is ‘cruel and unusual' punishment. It does not deter crime. Imprisonment is the appropriate punishment. Every execution risks killing an innocent person.

Immigration

Conservative
    Immigration Support legal immigration at current numbers, but do not support illegal immigration. Government should enforce immigration laws. Oppose President Bush's amnesty plan for illegal immigrants. Those who break the law by entering the U.S. illegally should not have the same rights as those who obey the law by entering legally.

If there were a decrease in cheap, illegal immigrant labor, employers would have to substitute higher-priced domestic employees, legal immigrants, or perhaps increase mechanization.

Liberal
    Support legal immigration and increasing the number of legal immigrants permitted to enter the U.S. each year. Support blanket amnesty for current illegal immigrants.

Believe that regardless of how they came to the U.S., illegal immigrants deserve:
    - U.S. government financial aid for college tuition.
    - visas for spouse/children to come to the U.S. Families shouldn't be separated.

Illegal immigrants do the jobs that Americans do not want to do.

Same Sex Marriage

Conservative
    Same-sex marriage Marriage is between one man and one woman.

Opinions differ on support for the creation of a constitutional amendment establishing marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

Believe that requiring citizens to sanction same-sex relationships violates moral and religious beliefs of millions of Christians, Jews, Muslims and others who believe marriage is the union of a man and a woman.

Liberal
    Marriage should be legal for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender couples to ensure equal rights for all.

All individuals, regardless of their sex, have the right to marry.

Believe that prohibiting same-sex citizens from marrying denies them of their civil rights. Opinions differ on whether this issue is equal to civil rights for African Americans.

Taxes

Conservative
    Taxes Support lower taxes and a smaller government. Lower taxes create more incentive for people to work, save, invest, and engage in entrepreneurial endeavors. Money is best spent by those who earn it.

Liberal
    Support higher taxes and a larger government. High taxes enable the government to do good and create jobs. We need high taxes for social welfare programs, to provide for the poor. We can't afford to cut taxes.

War on Terrorism

Conservative
    War on terror/terrorism The world toward which the Militant Islamists strive cannot peacefully co-exist with the Western world. In the last decade, Militant Islamists have repeatedly attacked Americans and American interests here and abroad. The terrorists must be stopped and destroyed.

Liberal
    9/11 was caused by America's arrogant foreign policy. America needs to stop angering other countries. The threat posed by terrorism is exaggerated by President Bush for his own political advantage.

What are your views on these issues?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    FUCK GAYS, I HATE TERRORISTS, AND FUCK TAXES. >

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    the only one i have a real problem with is gay marriage
    the thing i don't like about it is if they choose to have or adopt kids, WTF are they gonna tell their friends at school? i have 2 daddys! or 2 mothers! that is something NO child should have to go through
    ◑` ◔
    ╔═╗IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZA
    ║▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░
    ╚═╝SHOOP DA WOOP

[IMG]https://www.danasof*****m/sigzorzsign.jpg[/IMG]

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
    THE MORAL: WHEN YOU'RE FULL OF BULL, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

gimmie ur soul bitches

RESPECT LIST:
    oh yeah, that's right, I HATE ALL OF YOU
    except navi and arun and hood

Thanks
    Yeah..........
    Last edited by XxxMattstaxxX; 08-29-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: What i said was bumb

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    the only one i have a real problem with is gay marriage
    the thing i don't like about it is if they choose to have or adopt kids, WTF are they gonna tell their friends at school? i have 2 daddys! or 2 mothers! that is something NO child should have to go through
    ... What a dumbshit reason on why to hate gay marriage...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    i dont like gay marriage but im not worried bout it taxes yeah w/e war is more important that most of those abortion there choice immagration go back to fucking mexico beaners and death penalty yeah fuck them they deserve it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Wow you base your believes on no facts whatsoever...

Thanks
    I am worried that if McCain becomes president, he will die in office *old bastard* then that Sarah Palin chick will be sworn in for president, and she does not know shit about running a country.

*Oh, and black holes. On Earth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ... Way to state your opinion on age and sex....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynocrimax View Post
    then that Sarah Palin chick will be sworn in for president, and she does not know shit about running a country.
    And Obama does? First term Senator (of one of the most corrupt states in our country) that was a community organizer? He's at the exact same level Palin is. However Governors are typically elected president, not Senators.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbork View Post
    And Obama does? First term Senator (of one of the most corrupt states in our country) that was a community organizer? He's at the exact same level Palin is. However Governors are typically elected president, not Senators.
    Wow, you may be banned but I can still argue that your fucking retarded.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    You're very into the political paroxysm.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    CONSERVATIVES FTW.....GO CONSERVATIVES
    [IMG]https://i277.photobucke*****m/albums/kk80/warrick983/normal_fable2rndr.png[/IMG]
    Thanks for the sig Miyama Yuna
    Respect List:
    Gourav (XD)
    Arunforce
    Dave
    SheGotIt
    -GOD-
    Obama
    Miyama Yuna
    Corndog

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Arguements for Same-Sex marriage:
    -civil rights
    -state income from marriage fees (lol)
    Arguements against Same-Sex marriage:
    -tradition

Reason that California passed the ban on Same-Sex marriage:
    The Mormon Church
    explanation:
    Most of the funding for the "Yes on Prop 8" campaign was provided by the Mormon Church.

And answering the person who said that no child should have to go through explaining that he has 2 moms or 2 dads:
    My best friend has 2 moms, and NO ONE CARES.

"Democrats are people who say that government can make you taller, thinner, fitter, stronger, smarter, and remove the crabgrass from your lawn.
    Republicans are people who say that government doesn't work, and then get themselves elected to prove it."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel497 View Post
    Arguements for Same-Sex marriage:
    -civil rights
    -state income from marriage fees (lol)
    Arguements against Same-Sex marriage:
    -tradition

Reason that California passed the ban on Same-Sex marriage:
    The Mormon Church
    explanation:
    Most of the funding for the "Yes on Prop 8" campaign was provided by the Mormon Church.

And answering the person who said that no child should have to go through explaining that he has 2 moms or 2 dads:
    My best friend has 2 moms, and NO ONE CARES.

"Democrats are people who say that government can make you taller, thinner, fitter, stronger, smarter, and remove the crabgrass from your lawn.
    Republicans are people who say that government doesn't work, and then get themselves elected to prove it."
    Lol get your facts right Im republican and I think the goverment did work fine now its gonna go down the drain but why does this mater to me Im going to try to move to japan now Btw spend money DO NOT SAVE IT!!! the only way to fix the economy is for us to spend money if we save do not spend on any producs then no one gets any money=eonomy get worse and worse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast