Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

So......

Arbitrary prayer limit
    Arbitrary charity donation that doesn't actually go to charities
    Fasting for religion: Unhealthy, stupid, and arguably pointless.
    Going on a trip to a random place in the dessert. Again, pointless.
    Are you carefully watching all the charity donations and where they are going? None of the charity donations by the Muslims of the 1.6billion population goes to charity?

We fast because God has asked us to and to feel the pain the poor suffer. Doctors and Scientists now know that fasting is very good for your health, hundreds of years later: https://www****c.co.uk/news/health-19112549
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Are you carefully watching all the charity donations and where they are going? None of the charity donations by the Muslims of the 1.6billion population goes to charity?

We fast because God has asked us to and to feel the pain the poor suffer. Doctors and Scientists now know that fasting is very good for your health, hundreds of years later: https://www****c.co.uk/news/health-19112549
    Did I say none? I just assume it doesn't go to charity because almost all the heavily muslim countries have high poverty levels. It's the same scam that the Christians use.
    "give us money so we can help the poor!"
    >Builds another Church/Mosque, funds Islamic/Christian speakers/propaganda, etc.

You fast because you are idiots with the ability to do so. It would be awesome if you fasted AND gave that food to the poor though. That would be awesome, instead of just "feeling like the poor", which is just incredibly pretentious.

Thanks

Did I say none? I just assume it doesn't go to charity because almost all the heavily muslim countries have high poverty levels. It's the same scam that the Christians use.
    "give us money so we can help the poor!"
    >Builds another Church/Mosque, funds Islamic/Christian speakers/propaganda, etc.

You fast because you are idiots with the ability to do so. It would be awesome if you fasted AND gave that food to the poor though. That would be awesome, instead of just "feeling like the poor", which is just incredibly pretentious.
    Well don't assume things, you didn't say some or most of the charity so I assumed you meant all. There is still poverty because the super rich including the hypocritical Arab "Muslim" billionaires don't give to charity, where it made truly make a difference.

When we feel the hunger of the poor during Ramadan it helps us to remember them and to also be generous to them if we see any. You do nothing for the poor what right do you have to say we don't do enough for the poor? During the month of Ramadan I doubt you think about the poor even once.

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well don't assume things, you didn't say some or most of the charity so I assumed you meant all. There is still poverty because the super rich including the hypocritical Arab "Muslim" billionaires don't give to charity, where it made truly make a difference.

When we feel the hunger of the poor during Ramadan it helps us to remember them and to also be generous to them if we see any. You do nothing for the poor what right do you have to say we don't do enough for the poor? During the month of Ramadan I doubt you think about the poor even once.
    If every muslim gave 2.5% of their wealth, then you'd practically eradicate poverty.

Your fasting is still incredibly pretentious. You don't actually help the poor during that time, you just pretend to feel like they do.

Trust me, if you've ever been poor it's a huuuuuge insult for someone to do that.

Thanks

If every muslim gave 2.5% of their wealth, then you'd practically eradicate poverty.

Your fasting is still incredibly pretentious. You don't actually help the poor during that time, you just pretend to feel like they do.

Trust me, if you've ever been poor it's a huuuuuge insult for someone to do that.
    You can't be certain. There are more people in poverty in the world than the total Muslim population, it is very unlikely that the 2.5% would help a person all year round. If the super rich did it, then poverty would be eradicated. The richest 1% of the population has over 50% of the worlds wealth.

Ramadan is a month of solidarity, helping each other. In that month, hearts soften, souls broaden, and senses of generosity revive. When the rich get hungry, they understand the conditions and needs of the poor better. If it were not for fasting, some rich people who only think of their own interest would not think that the poor needed help and compassion. It would not be possible to perform the task of helping others with compassion if it were not an obligation to undergo the pain of hunger by fasting. Without knowing about the hunger, man would not be able to develop empathy for the poor and the hungry, and help them. as the Turkish saying goes, “He who does not taste does not know”.

It is an insult to feel the hunger of the poor and to remember the poor? Is it not more of an insult doing nothing for the poor and questioning people who suffer for the poor?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You can't be certain. There are more people in poverty in the world than the total Muslim population, it is very unlikely that the 2.5% would help a person all year round. If the super rich did it, then poverty would be eradicated. The richest 1% of the population has over 50% of the worlds wealth.

Ramadan is a month of solidarity, helping each other. In that month, hearts soften, souls broaden, and senses of generosity revive. When the rich get hungry, they understand the conditions and needs of the poor better. If it were not for fasting, some rich people who only think of their own interest would not think that the poor needed help and compassion. It would not be possible to perform the task of helping others with compassion if it were not an obligation to undergo the pain of hunger by fasting. Without knowing about the hunger, man would not be able to develop empathy for the poor and the hungry, and help them. as the Turkish saying goes, “He who does not taste does not know”.

It is an insult to feel the hunger of the poor and to remember the poor? Is it not more of an insult doing nothing for the poor and questioning people who suffer for the poor?
    I can't be certain? Bitch I can do basic math and I know for a fact countries with 90%+ muslim population have poverty issues.

Again, starving yourself isn't helping the poor or helping you understand them. It's just another pretentious ceremony that Islam has that makes them feel better about themselves for not actually doing anything.

It's an insult to starve yourself instead of feeding the poor, yes. You are practically saying "hey look at me, I can starve myself just like you!"

You are glorifying what really is a despicable ceremony. Why not "feed the poor for an entire month" or some shit? Why resort to starving yourself? Fucking idiots.

Thanks

I can't be certain? Bitch I can do basic math and I know for a fact countries with 90%+ muslim population have poverty issues.

Again, starving yourself isn't helping the poor or helping you understand them. It's just another pretentious ceremony that Islam has that makes them feel better about themselves for not actually doing anything.

It's an insult to starve yourself instead of feeding the poor, yes. You are practically saying "hey look at me, I can starve myself just like you!"

You are glorifying what really is a despicable ceremony. Why not "feed the poor for an entire month" or some shit? Why resort to starving yourself? Fucking idiots.
    I meant you can't be certain that if all Muslims gave 2.5% of their wealth to the poor, then it would eradicate poverty. That is why I said: There are more people in poverty in the world than the total Muslim population, it is very unlikely that the 2.5% would help a person all year round. If the super rich did it, then poverty would be eradicated. The richest 1% of the population has over 50% of the worlds wealth.

Actually most people give Zakat(2.5% of their wealth) during the month of Ramadan, so we do help the poor. Islam makes it obligatory to help and remember the poor. What do you do for the poor?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I meant you can't be certain that if all Muslims gave 2.5% of their wealth to the poor, then it would eradicate poverty. That is why I said: There are more people in poverty in the world than the total Muslim population, it is very unlikely that the 2.5% would help a person all year round. If the super rich did it, then poverty would be eradicated. The richest 1% of the population has over 50% of the worlds wealth.

Actually most people give Zakat(2.5% of their wealth) during the month of Ramadan, so we do help the poor. Islam makes it obligatory to help and remember the poor. What do you do for the poor?
    It wouldn't "eradicate" it, but it sure as hell would make it decrease by a substantial amount more than it is. You do know the tax you have is mainly applied to local communities/countries. It's pretty much all within the muslim population, and yet you still have this ridiculous poverty level.

Yes but zakat is seperate from Ramadan. So no, you aren't helping during ramadan, the whole ceremony is still insanely pretentious and stupid.

Thanks

It wouldn't "eradicate" it, but it sure as hell would make it decrease by a substantial amount more than it is. You do know the tax you have is mainly applied to local communities/countries. It's pretty much all within the muslim population, and yet you still have this ridiculous poverty level.

Yes but zakat is seperate from Ramadan. So no, you aren't helping during ramadan, the whole ceremony is still insanely pretentious and stupid.
    Well you did say it would eradicate it. My family give Zakat directly to the poor.

Muslims give Zakat in the month of Ramadan. So they fast for the poor and they help the poor. You keep dodging the question as to what you do for the poor?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well you did say it would eradicate it. My family give Zakat directly to the poor.

Muslims give Zakat in the month of Ramadan. So they fast for the poor and they help the poor. You keep dodging the question as to what you do for the poor?
    Learn to read. "Practically eradicate". Means to get rid of it within practical limits. Of course poverty couldn't be completely gone, but if you had any reading comprehension, you'd know that wasn't what I said.

But the Zakat isn't ramadan.

Christians tithe every week. Doesn't mean that Easter somehow "helps the poor".

Sorry, still a stupid ceremony.

Thanks

Learn to read. "Practically eradicate". Means to get rid of it within practical limits. Of course poverty couldn't be completely gone, but if you had any reading comprehension, you'd know that wasn't what I said.

But the Zakat isn't ramadan.

Christians tithe every week. Doesn't mean that Easter somehow "helps the poor".

Sorry, still a stupid ceremony.
    Nearly 1/2 of the world's population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty, that's less than $1.25 a day. 2. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...global-poverty

Muslim Population is 1.6 billion, majority of them in third world countries. It would not "practically" eradicate poverty.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Nearly 1/2 of the world's population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty, that's less than $1.25 a day. 2. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...global-poverty

Muslim Population is 1.6 billion, majority of them in third world countries. It would not "practically" eradicate poverty.
    Again, domestic poverty and holy shit do you not understand statistics.

If your countries average wage is 2.50$ and you are making 2.50$ you aren't in poverty.

This goes for even the US too. If I make $5 an hour, but everything is cheap because of my domestic economy, then i'm still making as much as the guy who has 20$ per hour but everything is expensive.

Seriously, this is like economics 101.

Thanks

Again, domestic poverty and holy shit do you not understand statistics.

If your countries average wage is 2.50$ and you are making 2.50$ you aren't in poverty.

This goes for even the US too. If I make $5 an hour, but everything is cheap because of my domestic economy, then i'm still making as much as the guy who has 20$ per hour but everything is expensive.

Seriously, this is like economics 101.
    You are changing your words again, you didn't say "domestic" poverty.

Again you make a pointless statement. All the 3billion+ people make less than $2.50 a day and are therefore in poverty.

You are trying to change the subject. There is more than twice the Muslim population who are in poverty. Also a lot of Muslims also live in poverty such as India, Afghanistan, Somalia etc. therefore their zakat would not be enough to help people in poverty, all year round. So it would not eradicate poverty, which was your original claim.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You are changing your words again, you didn't say "domestic" poverty.

Again you make a pointless statement. All the 3billion+ people make less than $2.50 a day and are therefore in poverty.

You are trying to change the subject. There is more than twice the Muslim population who are in poverty. Also a lot of Muslims also live in poverty such as India, Afghanistan, Somalia etc. therefore their zakat would not be enough to help people in poverty, all year round. So it would not eradicate poverty, which was your original claim.
    Do you understand relativity at all?

Because I can explain that to you, but I need to know if you are just being a dumbass or actually do not understand the concept of relativity.

Thanks

Do you understand relativity at all?

Because I can explain that to you, but I need to know if you are just being a dumbass or actually do not understand the concept of relativity.
    Again you are trying to change he subject to keep the argument going. Your claimed Muslims giving Zakat would eradicate poverty, I showed that it is not the case.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast