Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Regarding the section name

To be completely honest, I think the name and the description of this section is biased and not creating any ground for a rational debate. I'm not an American nor a religious person, so maybe this is how debate is done here IDK.. but where I'm from we tend to discuss things in a polite and rational way. But if I look at the name of the forum section: Islam vs Western World there's a few things that pop in my head that aren't right.

First of all this indicates that there's in a way the ''western world'' and the Islam opposing eachother. First of all.. what is meant the ''Western world''? The ''west'' has a huge impact on the rest of the world and vice versa. Therefore I think it does not add any value if we compare it to a thing that is very specific thing such as a religion.

So apart from the ''western world'' (whatever that may mean), why would it oppose the Islam in any way? To me the title could mean that there's no space for Islam in the western world? I could understand middle-eastern vs western world because that could say something about countries and geo-politics. But in this case you are opposing a religion to a different sort of construct; in this case the ''western world''.

Followed by the subtext:
    Discuss the war in Israel, Europe, USA and South Asia. Keep everything FRIENDLY. No one will be banned without my permission (Dave84311's) in this forum.''

What does Islam has to do with all of these wars? Any other religion could be as much involved in these wars as the Islam, if we're comparing religions now.. Also what do these wars mean in the relation between Islam and the Western world?

I'm simply stating that I think the name of the forum section is very short-sighted and in no way creating any ground for a normal debate. Therefore I suggest to change it to something like Middle-eastern world vs Western World.

If you do not, in any way, understand what I'm trying to say, do not bother to respond. It could mean you lack the intelligence or education to understand and look at social constructs in a rational way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Seagal For This Useful Post:

Cesar Jaguando (05-27-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    To answer your question, the section was made at the height of Islamophobia. The gaming world at that time was very edgy and unfortunately that meant being bigotted to many different groups. MPGH was no different. So in my response I won't necessarily defend the section title, as I personally think it is somewhat damaging myself.

Quote Originally Posted by roelvvv View Post
    First of all this indicates that there's in a way the ''western world'' and the Islam opposing eachother. First of all.. what is meant the ''Western world''? The ''west'' has a huge impact on the rest of the world and vice versa. Therefore I think it does not add any value if we compare it to a thing that is very specific thing such as a religion.
    While I agree with your premise, sadly this is the way that the media portrays this issue. Ever since 9/11 it's been us vs them. The us conveniently became the "western world", the civilized beacon of hope and democracy. The them became the brown people that live in the shit hole called the middle east, that pray to Allah. This way of tackling the issue has been very damaging and is the main reason Islamophobia has become so rampant and accepted in America and Europe.

So apart from the ''western world'' (whatever that may mean), why would it oppose the Islam in any way?
    As I have already established, Islam here is used to refer to the middle east in general. No matter how inaccurate that might be, it would help you understand why there's an opposition between Islam and America(see all the wars and conflicts between the US and the middle east since 2001).
    What does Islam has to do with all of these wars?
    This is the key question that the media refuses to answer. The reality is these conflicts are entirely geo-political in nature and that religion has little to do with it. But as I've previously mentioned, using Islam makes it much easier to mobilize the voting base back home and to make the American people complicit to all the atrocities the US and Europe commit in the middle east.

If you do not, in any way, understand what I'm trying to say, do not bother to respond. It could mean you lack the intelligence or education to understand and look at social constructs in a rational way.
    You had me until you made this comment. Your first claim was that you wanted rational debate, but your closing statement is that if someone doesn't agree with you they're stupid? Seems a bit inconsistent.

Thanks
    Yeah you're 100% right,they should be changed