Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I hope they do it. ^^ I wanna see what happens. If we die oh fucking well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Wow,
    I have not heard about this.
    Is this even true??
    You would think it would be ALL over the news.
    Something this big.
    Man.
    Their messing around with god's creation.
    Trying to recreate what god did.
    Like people doing abortions and walking on the moon,
    putting stuff on other planets.
    That's all going against god.
    That's messing around with what life is suppose to be.

Not cool at all.
    The Government approved this??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by oneirish View Post
    They are saying it's a time machine. Trying to take you back to the big bang... Reinact it to show what happened back then. So who knows, they say the protons collide in the middle of atlas (center)... makes energy, and shows the energy from big bang. And they are hoping that it can be contained. Some are afraid that if it isn't something unfixable could happen. (end of earth). The main question they are trying to figure out is How does the universe work. So who knows.
    Well, the 10th is just the switch on date. And it's called an Atom not an Atlas. And an atom doesn't have the power to create the universe, it's been computed. The power of matter isn't strong.

They say that the universe was created by a point of singularity with infinite density expanding rapidly, not two atoms colliding.

Besides, they have done Particle Accelerators before, just not anything of this scale.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    No, Atlas is the target. The center, (head) or it. And it was approved in 1960's 70's and 80's. So they worked on it, and now it's here.

This shows the history of it, and how it's built/used.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Well, the 10th is just the switch on date. And it's called an Atom not an Atlas. And an atom doesn't have the power to create the universe, it's been computed. The power of matter isn't strong.

They say that the universe was created by a point of singularity with infinite density expanding rapidly, not two atoms colliding.

Besides, they have done Particle Accelerators before, just not anything of this scale.
    Yea,
    they have not did anything like this before.
    So why fuck around like this.
    How come this is not on the news or anything???
    And they Government approved of this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Were fucked, even if it is shutdown someones going to do it. Curiosity :O

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Yes,
    but the government would have to approve them of doing this if It can be in harms way.
    Which if this is made,
    it would be ALL over the news,
    and I've never seen anything about this on the news.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    But they are going to. It's a matter of time to figure out what secrets the universe holds. They say it's a 1 and 5 million chance something will go wrong.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    But they are going to. It's a matter of time to figure out what secrets the universe holds. They say it's a 1 and 5 million chance something will go wrong.
    Well,
    the odds are on are side,
    but still.
    They don't know what shit can come from the universe.
    Bad gases radiation or some shit that will fuck us up.
    I have no idea,
    just don't fuck with the universe.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    They aren't. They are showing the birth of the universe. When it was only a cm big. But they are afraid of the dark matter (universe matter) which me almost no nothing of. So it's pretty much reinacting the birth of earth... When they turn it on they are saying the temperatures are going to be 1 billion times the temperature of the sun. the LHC will be investigating the possibility of the SynoSymetric Partners.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    apparently, the scientists are retarded.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    They aren't. They are showing the birth of the universe. When it was only a cm big. But they are afraid of the dark matter (universe matter) which me almost no nothing of. So it's pretty much reinacting the birth of earth... When they turn it on they are saying the temperatures are going to be 1 billion times the temperature of the sun. the LHC will be investigating the possibility of the SynoSymetric Partners.
    Yea,
    so they can fucking burn us??

This is what I seen.

Very small risk of us getting into any trouble when this happens.

A number of models of the universe suggest extra dimensions of reality exist that are each folded up into sizes ranging from as tiny as a proton, or roughly a millionth of a billionth of a meter, to as big as a fraction of a millimeter. At distances comparable to the size of these extra dimensions, gravity becomes far stronger, these models suggest. If this is true, the collider will cram enough energy together to initiate gravitational collapses that produce black holes.

If any of the models are right, the accelerator should create a black hole anywhere from every second to every day, each roughly possessing 5,000 times the mass of a proton and each a thousandth of a proton in size or smaller, Landsberg said.

Still, any fears that such black holes will consume the Earth are groundless, Landsberg said.

For one thing, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking calculated all black holes should emit radiation, and that tiny black holes should lose more mass than they absorb, evaporating within a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second, "before they could gobble up any significant amount of matter," Landsberg said.

Landsberg also said that the vast majority of any black holes that were created would escape Earth's gravity.

CERN spokesman and former research physicist James Gillies also pointed out that Earth is bathed with cosmic rays powerful enough to create black holes all the time, and the planet hasn't been destroyed yet.

"Still, let's assume that even if Hawking is a genius, he's wrong, and that such black holes are more stable," Landsberg said. Nearly all of the black holes will be traveling fast enough from the accelerator to escape Earth's gravity. "Even if you produced 10 million black holes a year, only 10 would basically get trapped, orbiting around its center," Landsberg said.

Let's hope the CERN, Hawkings and the other experts are correct and we aren't doomed. Space.com has more about black holes here including a list of dozens of recent articles about black holes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    They aren't going to burn us. Just afraid the protons are going almost as fast as the speed of light going against each other making the big bang. But afriad it would devour the earth. Almost like a new huge microscope showing us a new world. But theirs always doubts.

"Science is doing what we don't know what we're doing" Hawkings

If they don't find the higgs, it could just mean the particles don't exist. Which means we were wrong about the big bang. Could be other ways.

We are practically doing the biggest jump into the unknown. But we would eventually have to do this to figure out more.

Six Billion Dollar Experiment (1 of 5) if you want to see the other parts look up on youtube 2 of 5 and 3 of 5... so on

Thanks
    I'm so scared. I don't know the purpose of doing this, risking the Earth... why are they so stupid?
    [IMG]https://i359.photobucke*****m/albums/oo37/Wimplicity/agentelmosiggy.png[/IMG]

Siggy made by me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Gah, this shit aint gunna go down. If it does I'm not going to be the only one to die.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast