Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid

Change Scope Styles to YOUR Preference!

Sooo yesterday I spent hours and hours trying to get out-dated scope changes to work, and today I spent hours and hours trying to figure it out myself, so I thought I'd show y'all how to change certain style scopes to scopes of your preference. Note that this only changes the STYLE of the scope, NOT the MAGNIFICATION.

Most of you probably know this, but here's a quick scope overview before you decide which scope you want to use!
    Sniper scopes are the most accurate scopes. NX scopes (Trishot Holosight, HDS Reflex Sight) are pretty much perfectly accurate (but the blurry dot sight is hard to aim with), and GP scopes (ACOG Scopes, iTech Reflex Sight) are slightly off-centered - the bullets hit a little lower than the dot sight. Bullets hit slightly above the crosshair for the G36E scope, and AUG scopes and the F2000 scope are hard to aim with due to lack of a + crosshair. The L85A1 Mod scope is a really nice and accurate scope. idk about the P90 scope ._______. the Airstrike scopes are... ehhh not so useful >.<

The Scopes:

AIRSTRIKE_NAPALM_SCOPE_01.DTX
    AIRSTRIKE_NAPALM_SCOPE_02.DTX
    AIRSTRIKE_SCOPE_01.DTX
    AIRSTRIKE_SCOPE_02.DTX
    AR_SCOPE_AUG_01.DTX - Scope for AUG series
    AR_SCOPE_F2000.DTX - Scope for the NX rare F2000
    AR_SCOPE_G36_01.DTX - Scope for G36 series
    AR_SCOPE_L85A1MOD.DTX - Scope for the L85A1 Mod
    DOTSIGHT_STYLE_A.DTX - ACOG Scopes
    DOTSIGHT_STYLE_B.DTX - iTech Reflex Sight
    DOTSIGHT_STYLE_C.DTX - HDS Reflex Sight
    DOTSIGHT_STYLE_D.DTX - Trishot Holosight
    SMG_SCOPE_P90_01.DTX - Scope for P90
    SR_SCOPE_DRAGUNOV_01.DTX - Scope for Dragonuv series
    SR_SCOPE_L115.DTX - Scope for L115; +some TPG/TRG series; +WA2000
    SR_SCOPE_M107.DTX - Scope for M107 (50 Cal) series
    SR_SCOPE_M1866.DTX - Scope for M1866
    SR_SCOPE_STYLE_A.DTX - Standard green scope for most sniper rifles

Finally, How to Change the Scope Styles!

You'll need tools from BlackAngel!

Let's say you don't like Scope A because the color green simply burns your eyes, so you want to change it to Scope B. To do this:

First, extract UI_HUD_Weapon.rez (Combat Arms -> Game -> UI_HUD_Weapon.rez) using RezXtract OR WinRezLT Studio 2009.
    a. RezXtract: Open "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez", and it will be extracted into a folder inside your Combat Arms folder.
    b. WinRezLT Studio 2009: Open "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez",click "Extract", and select destination folder.

Then, in the folder created (UI_HUD_WEAPON), navigate to SCOPES -> DTX. Copy Scope A (the file) and delete the file for Scope B. Then, paste Scope A (should automatically rename to "Scope A - Copy") and rename it to Scope B.

After changing whatever scopes you wanted to change, use RezInject to inject the edited *.DTX files back into "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez".

Last but DEFINITELY not least, your RezInject should have saved the new injected "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez" into "UI_HUD_Weapon.rezNEW" in your Combat Arms folder. Delete the original UI_HUD_Weapon.rez OR drag it into another folder to use as backup and rename "UI_HUD_Weapon.rezNEW" to "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez".

Congratulations! You're done! The game should run normally and now, the game will read Scope A when you use that scope and display the Scope B!

Sorry I didn't include any pictures! Too lazy >.< but it's all pretty self-explanatory! Feel free to ask any questions, but TBH I'm a newb at modding >.< this is pretty much all I can do xD

Finally, How to Change the Scope Styles!

You'll need tools from BlackAngel!

Let's say you don't like Scope A because the color green simply burns your eyes, so you want to change it to Scope B. In the pictures I'm using SR_SCOPE_STYLE_A (standard green sniper scope) as Scope A and SR_SCOPE_L115 (L115 scope) as Scope B. To do this:

1. Extract UI_HUD_Weapon.rez (Combat Arms -> Game -> UI_HUD_Weapon.rez) using RezXtract OR WinRezLT Studio 2009.
    a. RezXtract: Open "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez", and it will be extracted into a folder inside your Combat Arms folder.
    [IMG]https://i1135.photobucke*****m/albums/m623/Ji1337/1a.jpg[/IMG]
    b. WinRezLT Studio 2009: Open "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez",click "Extract", and select destination folder.
    [IMG]https://i1135.photobucke*****m/albums/m623/Ji1337/1b-1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1135.photobucke*****m/albums/m623/Ji1337/1b-2.jpg[/IMG]
    2. In the folder created (UI_HUD_WEAPON), navigate to SCOPES -> DTX. Copy Scope B (the DTX file; the one you WANT) and delete the file for Scope A (the one you want to REPLACE).
    Then, paste Scope B (should automatically rename to "Scope B - Copy") and rename it to the name of Scope A (the one you just deleted).
    [IMG]https://i1135.photobucke*****m/albums/m623/Ji1337/2.jpg[/IMG]
    3. After changing whatever scopes you wanted to change, use RezInject to inject the edited *.DTX files back into "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez".
    [IMG]https://i1135.photobucke*****m/albums/m623/Ji1337/3.jpg[/IMG]
    4. Last but DEFINITELY not least, your RezInject should have saved the new injected "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez" into "UI_HUD_Weapon.rezNEW" in your Combat Arms folder. Delete the original UI_HUD_Weapon.rez OR drag it into another folder to use as backup and rename "UI_HUD_Weapon.rezNEW" to "UI_HUD_Weapon.rez".
    [IMG]https://i1135.photobucke*****m/albums/m623/Ji1337/4.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by aeronyx; 11-18-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    old is old

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by sazzad123 View Post
    old is old
    but useful is useful

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    idk. I spent hours searching around different forums trying to find one that worked, but they were all outdated >.<