Thread: Earth

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

:/ Thats like saying there is a difference between math/science/language and history, government, and culture classes.
    Well, there is

Maths is completely factual, a universal language, so I accept it.

I speak English, and there is a correct way to pronounce and spell things, no other way (in NZ) so I accept that.

Science is based on proof and experiments, until you get to higher level stuff, and it's up to the individual to accept it.

I choose not to accept some history, it's all based on things that were discovered and interpreted, they can only come down to maybes, so again, it's up to the individual.

Government, well sure, there are some proper ways to lead countries, but everyone is different and believes in different concepts. I'm a little more autocratic that most, but that's because I come from military based leadership training. I sick of all this PC shit, it's especially bad here in NZ.

Culture, It's nice to know about it and it definitely has it's place in the world, I can accept that people have different ways of living because we see it today. With the arts and photography, it's different for everyone. I hate some painting around my house that cost thousands of $$, but mum loves them. There isn't much of a way to teach art, it has to come from motivation, especially interpretation.

Thats why religion frustrates me. At my school, they make you accept it. They don't say, "Christians believe that Jesus ate apples blah blah.." they tell you what happened as if they have proof. People accept things too easily without thinking about it these days. I think for myself, and it excites me that I have yet to come to a conclusion.
    Last edited by Nismo; 07-16-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Previously Armalite42

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I can't get into religion.
    Religion takes faith, and faith isn't something I have.
    I'm a Deist, but still.

Religion is like a penis. It's okay to have one, just don't shove it down my throat.

Gravity created itself took a shit, and exploded (big bang), but I still believe God was the one who was all "SUP BITCHES IMMA MAKE GRAVITY FUCKAZ" and made gravity do all the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gumpert. View Post
    I can't get into religion.
    Religion takes faith, and faith isn't something I have.
    I'm a Deist, but still.

Religion is like a penis. It's okay to have one, just don't shove it down my throat.

Gravity created itself took a shit, and exploded (big bang), but I still believe God was the one who was all "SUP BITCHES IMMA MAKE GRAVITY FUCKAZ" and made gravity do all the work.
    Why do you believe that?
    Previously Armalite42

Threadstarter
    I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    apocalypse is coming soon GOD will appear

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Dios nunca existió, es posible que algo tienen algo de la nada

translation:

god never existed it is possible something have something from out of nowhere

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    apocalypse is coming soon GOD will appear

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    The same argument can be made about the Big Bang. Where did the Big Bang came from? What was before the Big Bang? Is the molecules created before and after? What created those molecules in the first place? We don't know! (I support the Big Bang theory). But saying, 'What/Who created God.' is a silly question to ask because of how both views are very similar.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 07-18-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks
    @Bear Jew

The difference is, Science acknowledges the fact that we don't know what came before everything. All we can do is hypothesize based on observations and deep logic. The theist like to say that everything needs a creator, that something just can't come from nothing but somehow God is an exception to this rule of rules. We are working on finding out that answer. Theist just say "God!". Quantum Fluctuations ftw!!!
    Last edited by Einstein2.0; 07-18-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Caltech -Theoretical physics

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein2.0 View Post
    @Bear Jew

The difference is, Science acknowledges the fact that we don't know what came before everything. All we can do is hypothesize based on observations and deep logic. The theist like to say that everything needs a creator, that something just can't come from nothing but somehow God is an exception to this rule of rules. We are working on finding out that answer. Theist just say "God!". Quantum Fluctuations ftw!!!
    I disagree, you're implying that people that believe in the God thinks that everything needs a creator in reality, more and more people are agreeing with many theories. I believe in God, but I belive in many theories like evolution, Darwinism, etc.

And no, I don't think any of them so far (maybe a few stupid ones) think that God created himself. We don't know anything, I believe that God created the start, that little spark before the Big Bang and then the universe is created and we got lucky. Simple, unless aliens come from another planet stating we were children from them or whatever, then I don't see any harm in believing in something, just don't try and say I am wrong or shove your stuff down my throat.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    I disagree, you're implying that people that believe in the God thinks that everything needs a creator in reality, more and more people are agreeing with many theories. I believe in God, but I belive in many theories like evolution, Darwinism, etc.

And no, I don't think any of them so far (maybe a few stupid ones) think that God created himself. We don't know anything, I believe that God created the start, that little spark before the Big Bang and then the universe is created and we got lucky. Simple, unless aliens come from another planet stating we were children from them or whatever, then I don't see any harm in believing in something, just don't try and say I am wrong or shove your stuff down my throat.
    I never meant to imply all theist but the majority do. When evolution came along and took away one of the biggest "evidence" of intelligent design, they resorted to something that we couldn't explain as their new safe haven. The pre-big bang is their argument in that something must have created it therefore it was God but most answer that God didn't need a creator when asked the same question. I'm not saying that people like you, which I refer to as hybrids for your attempt at integration of both views, use that as an answer. I'm referring to the straight theist.
    Caltech -Theoretical physics

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post

The thing is, it takes a strong man to believe in god after learning about the world as much as that.
    The more you think, the more you see what god did not create, and you find the real explanations for why things are the way they are.

It's nearly impossible to believe in both because if you understand the world, you cannot understand what god has done to deserve to be worshipped.
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/wbstrange.png[/IMG]
    "I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein2.0 View Post
    I never meant to imply all theist but the majority do. When evolution came along and took away one of the biggest "evidence" of intelligent design, they resorted to something that we couldn't explain as their new safe haven. The pre-big bang is their argument in that something must have created it therefore it was God but most answer that God didn't need a creator when asked the same question. I'm not saying that people like you, which I refer to as hybrids for your attempt at integration of both views, use that as an answer. I'm referring to the straight theist.
    I understand and respect your views.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill HickCock View Post

The thing is, it takes a strong man to believe in god after learning about the world as much as that.
    The more you think, the more you see what god did not create, and you find the real explanations for why things are the way they are.

It's nearly impossible to believe in both because if you understand the world, you cannot understand what god has done to deserve to be worshipped.
    It isn't nearly impossible, it just how you're raised and believed in. God is worshipped because of the hopes that he gives to people. It isn't that God created people, it's just the hope.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 07-18-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill HickCock View Post

More desperate and or stubborn than strong.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    @Ecstasy If you think God created the Earth and are familiar with the Christian religion, you should know that God already existed. @G was right when he said he used as much logic as you did...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Descartes said that God existed as the cause of himself. Since we humans arent perfect, and God is perfect, God cannot exist physically. God and the idea of God exists as the cause of himself, so that he can be perfect.
    This was Descartes's explanation to the existance of God, although he didn't believe in it, because the church didn't allow atheism in that time.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast