Thread: Earth

Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

:/ Thats like saying there is a difference between math/science/language and history, government, and culture classes.
    Well, there is

Maths is completely factual, a universal language, so I accept it.

I speak English, and there is a correct way to pronounce and spell things, no other way (in NZ) so I accept that.

Science is based on proof and experiments, until you get to higher level stuff, and it's up to the individual to accept it.

I choose not to accept some history, it's all based on things that were discovered and interpreted, they can only come down to maybes, so again, it's up to the individual.

Government, well sure, there are some proper ways to lead countries, but everyone is different and believes in different concepts. I'm a little more autocratic that most, but that's because I come from military based leadership training. I sick of all this PC shit, it's especially bad here in NZ.

Culture, It's nice to know about it and it definitely has it's place in the world, I can accept that people have different ways of living because we see it today. With the arts and photography, it's different for everyone. I hate some painting around my house that cost thousands of $$, but mum loves them. There isn't much of a way to teach art, it has to come from motivation, especially interpretation.

Thats why religion frustrates me. At my school, they make you accept it. They don't say, "Christians believe that Jesus ate apples blah blah.." they tell you what happened as if they have proof. People accept things too easily without thinking about it these days. I think for myself, and it excites me that I have yet to come to a conclusion.
    Last edited by Nismo; 07-16-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Previously Armalite42