Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    It's proven religion is bullshit, all it is, is a "story" believed by more than 1000 people. But anyone may believe what they want, just know that there is a logical explanation for everything.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsAllKillPB View Post
    Religion has nothing to do with ''pee''''pees''
    Jews have tiny pee pees look at the statue of david for an example
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/wbstrange.png[/IMG]
    "I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    i laugh in religious peoples faces.
    +1 ......................................

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    My "peepee" is actually quite large.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie. View Post
    It's proven religion is bullshit, all it is, is a "story" believed by more than 1000 people. But anyone may believe what they want, just know that there is a logical explanation for everything.
    I am sorry, I must have missed when they proved that religion is not real. You mind posting a link to an actual scientific article or story with proof?

Oh wait there is none.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Success!!!

Thanks
    My small penis has nothing to do with my religious beliefs or lack thereof.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Who are you

Thanks
    It's a better world where people are nice to each other because it's the right thing to do, rather then because they think they will go to "hell" if they don't.

In all honesty, it makes more sense that aliens wrote the "bible" just for laughs, then people being "inspired by god".
    Last edited by Disturbed; 06-22-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Success!!!
    Congratulations. You made General look even more retarded
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

On the Mpgh Server hidden between microchips but Shh..!!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim View Post

why u ragin and rlly whats the point of experiencing life if u just die tho
    Whats the point in life experiences? Because they are awesome! Why live your life .. hoping for something afterwards? Life is so good .. I would rather enjoy what I have, then not enjoy it .. in hope for some afterlife experience. Religion back in the day was just a way of controlling people. Think about it, if people thought 'God' would punish them for 'sinning' then they wouldn't commit crimes. It helped keep peace and order, but also spouted wars and misunderstanding. Religion is a terrible thing. If you don't enjoy life, then you know what to do. Back in the day, people thought 'God' was up in the sky. Science made planes, we flew to the sky, there was no God. Now people say he is everywhere and everything. The only 'fact' religious people seem to use is the 'bible', which was most probably written by some power hungry people. Religion is a form of brainwash and a form of control. I am an Atheist because I am happy with not understanding how we came to be. I don't HAVE to have an answer to everything. You said something along the lines of .. How did this perfect world just happen to come here, someone must of created it .. Because you don't understand how the earth came about you put it down to God. You feel insecure about not knowing things and you feel someone or something had to have made it .. The Earth did not start perfectly, it has evolved and improved over billions of years. Adaption is why it is so perfect, it was not 'luck' that we are here, we are here because our Earth is the right distance from the sun. We are not LUCKY. We are here because the right conditions were here for us to evolve and thrive. We are not the only planet. There are Planets inside solar systems, solar systems inside galaxies, galaxies inside 'milkyways' inside universes, universes inside other universes. An almost infant amount of planets. And you think 'God' spends so much time on our planet? What makes us so special to be the center of all this. Where did our 'God' find time to come up with the rule about shelfish while he was creating the quadrillions of other planets and solar systems. Face the facts, this is our only life, live it to the max. Do you remember before you were born? No .. It was blackness, no sense of time or memory, emotions or senses. This is what death will be like. Accept and love what you have instead of hoping for more. Its selfishness. Be happy that you live on such a beautiful planet. I know I am. And I don't need any 'God' to help me understand, because i'm not afraid of not understanding, I leave that to the top scientists. And you should too .. Don't be afraid of dying, we live a long life. Peace.

Understanding to just how big our universe / multiverse might be
    use youtube for this : /watch?v=3wbt3tEc1pw

Watch it then realize we are not special, nor unique.
    Last edited by D e a t h h a u n t S; 06-23-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Make a little side money for yourself here

My Injector

Don't say shit if you don't know shit

Big Respect for: Aeroman R3dLine Flash and Wizdom-x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    huhuh say wat??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Suppose that the miracle claims are true, and that Jesus, for example, did perform all of the miraculous feats that he is credited with. Typically, these miracles are taken as indicators that an omni-God exists. Here's the problem. Consider for a moment what sort of acts an omni-God would engage in. Being all powerful, all knowing, and all good, this sort of being will not act lightly. He would not make mistakes, he would not perform an act that did not accomplish exactly what he desires, in exactly the way he desires, and in the best possible manner. He wouldn't be unclear about the outcomes of his actions in any way. So if an omni-God were to act in the world, that action would be a perfect, flawless manifestation of that being's power, knowledge, and goodness.

Now consider some of the miraculous acts that are commonly attributed to God: Jesus is said to have walked on water, healed the sick, and resurrected the dead; Mohammed is said to have split the moon, and to have transcended directly into heaven, and so on.

This challenge has been put to theists concerning God's omnipotence: is God capable of acting in a way that would limit himself, such as by making himself not God, or making someone else God, or creating a challenge that he can't meet (like creating a stone that he cannot lift)? If he is, then there will be something he cannot do as a result of his action. If he is not capable of performing these kinds of actions, then, again, there is something he cannot do. So either way, God's power is limited and he is not omnipotent.

Theists like Aquinas and Plantinga have responded by pointing out that being omnipotent is having the power to do anything that is logically possible, or that does not involve a logical contradiction. All of these acts, they argue, are contradictory in some way. So these are impossible acts, and it is therefore no limitation on God's power to accept that he cannot do them. Thus it is widely accepted that the paradox associated with omnipotence conceived as the power to do anything is solved by understanding omnipotence as the power to do anything logically possible.

Now consider the purported miracles of Jesus and Mohammed above. Those acts were all minor, insignificant acts with regard to what an omni-God could do. That is, God is capable of doing far more than healing someone who is sick, or splitting the moon. He is alleged to have created the universe from nothing, after all. So it would appear that in those acts and all the purported miracles in history, God is acting far below his capacity. But it has been argued and widely accepted that an omni God wouldn't act in self-limiting ways. Doesn't that include acting in ways that are vastly beneath one's capacity? If I have a goal that I want to achieve, and I have means at my disposal to achieve it, it wouldn't make sense for me to only employ some of my abilities in a limited fashion to achieve that goal. I might act in a less than optimal way, applying some but not all of my knowledge, or some but not all of my power, if I don't understand all the relevant facts about the situation--I mistakenly think that the guy behind me in a marathon is too tired to catch me, so I don't push as hard as I could, but he's faking and he beats me, for instance. Or I lose the race simply because I don't have as much endurance as the next guy. Or I lose the race because I don't have the mental fortitude. But God won't have those limits in power, knowledge, or desire.

So it's hard to see why an omni God would act in such tiny ways. But it is easy to see why some lesser being, who is not God, might act in such ways. These miracles are the sorts of things that Vegas magicians would engage in. They are intended to impress by being flashy, provocative, and attention grabbing. These acts are localized, not universal the way an omni-God would act. These miracles are only seen by a handful of people (compared to the number of people that an omni-God could reach). These miracles leaves all sorts of doubts open and questions unanswered. In short, nothing about these acts suggest the infinite knowledge, power, and goodness of an omni-God. And everything about them suggests that someone of limited knowledge, questionable goals, and partial goodness like us was responsible. So it looks like that miracles, even if they were to happen, are actually evidence against the existence of God. The only sort of being that would perform such superficial party tricks is one who is limited in knowledge, power, and goodness.

So contrary to what most people seem to think, even if miracles do occur, the most they would show is that whatever is responsible for them it is not God.

TL;DR

I will rupture your anus with my giant atheist cock.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Suppose that the miracle claims are true, and that Jesus, for example, did perform all of the miraculous feats that he is credited with. Typically, these miracles are taken as indicators that an omni-God exists. Here's the problem. Consider for a moment what sort of acts an omni-God would engage in. Being all powerful, all knowing, and all good, this sort of being will not act lightly. He would not make mistakes, he would not perform an act that did not accomplish exactly what he desires, in exactly the way he desires, and in the best possible manner. He wouldn't be unclear about the outcomes of his actions in any way. So if an omni-God were to act in the world, that action would be a perfect, flawless manifestation of that being's power, knowledge, and goodness.

Now consider some of the miraculous acts that are commonly attributed to God: Jesus is said to have walked on water, healed the sick, and resurrected the dead; Mohammed is said to have split the moon, and to have transcended directly into heaven, and so on.

This challenge has been put to theists concerning God's omnipotence: is God capable of acting in a way that would limit himself, such as by making himself not God, or making someone else God, or creating a challenge that he can't meet (like creating a stone that he cannot lift)? If he is, then there will be something he cannot do as a result of his action. If he is not capable of performing these kinds of actions, then, again, there is something he cannot do. So either way, God's power is limited and he is not omnipotent.

Theists like Aquinas and Plantinga have responded by pointing out that being omnipotent is having the power to do anything that is logically possible, or that does not involve a logical contradiction. All of these acts, they argue, are contradictory in some way. So these are impossible acts, and it is therefore no limitation on God's power to accept that he cannot do them. Thus it is widely accepted that the paradox associated with omnipotence conceived as the power to do anything is solved by understanding omnipotence as the power to do anything logically possible.

Now consider the purported miracles of Jesus and Mohammed above. Those acts were all minor, insignificant acts with regard to what an omni-God could do. That is, God is capable of doing far more than healing someone who is sick, or splitting the moon. He is alleged to have created the universe from nothing, after all. So it would appear that in those acts and all the purported miracles in history, God is acting far below his capacity. But it has been argued and widely accepted that an omni God wouldn't act in self-limiting ways. Doesn't that include acting in ways that are vastly beneath one's capacity? If I have a goal that I want to achieve, and I have means at my disposal to achieve it, it wouldn't make sense for me to only employ some of my abilities in a limited fashion to achieve that goal. I might act in a less than optimal way, applying some but not all of my knowledge, or some but not all of my power, if I don't understand all the relevant facts about the situation--I mistakenly think that the guy behind me in a marathon is too tired to catch me, so I don't push as hard as I could, but he's faking and he beats me, for instance. Or I lose the race simply because I don't have as much endurance as the next guy. Or I lose the race because I don't have the mental fortitude. But God won't have those limits in power, knowledge, or desire.

So it's hard to see why an omni God would act in such tiny ways. But it is easy to see why some lesser being, who is not God, might act in such ways. These miracles are the sorts of things that Vegas magicians would engage in. They are intended to impress by being flashy, provocative, and attention grabbing. These acts are localized, not universal the way an omni-God would act. These miracles are only seen by a handful of people (compared to the number of people that an omni-God could reach). These miracles leaves all sorts of doubts open and questions unanswered. In short, nothing about these acts suggest the infinite knowledge, power, and goodness of an omni-God. And everything about them suggests that someone of limited knowledge, questionable goals, and partial goodness like us was responsible. So it looks like that miracles, even if they were to happen, are actually evidence against the existence of God. The only sort of being that would perform such superficial party tricks is one who is limited in knowledge, power, and goodness.

So contrary to what most people seem to think, even if miracles do occur, the most they would show is that whatever is responsible for them it is not God.

TL;DR

I will rupture your anus with my giant atheist cock.
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/wbstrange.png[/IMG]
    "I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer

On the Mpgh Server hidden between microchips but Shh..!!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    The massive size of our universe and the possibility of the fact we are in a MULTIVERSE .. simply leaves us the fact, we are not important, not the center of the universe / multiverse like others in the past have thought. We are not special and have no 'God'. If you watch the video i put you will understand. Our UNIVERSE may actually be inside a massive bubble containing other universes. That bubble inside a bigger one .. all those bubbles floating in a massive empty space the space is just the inside of another bubble, floating with other bubbles. The limitations are endless, this is why we are not important, not even a mere spec in the greatness of the multiverse / universe.

As of 'Jesus' doing miracles and healing people. I believe he was just like a doctor is now'a'days, people didn't understand medicine and how to make people feel better. They couldn't understand what he was doing, so they called it miracles. Simple.

When you realize the size of our universe / multiverse you will then realize, we are 100% not the only planet with life. And we are not special we do not have a 'God' that is looking down on us.

Make a little side money for yourself here

My Injector

Don't say shit if you don't know shit

Big Respect for: Aeroman R3dLine Flash and Wizdom-x

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast