Poll: What do you think about legalization of drugs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thanks

What if we legalized all drugs?

What If We Legalized All Drugs?

Interesting article I found on MSN. Let's hear your thoughts.

I believe that some drugs could be legalized such as Marijuana. It would dramatically reduce violence over drug related crimes and no offense, but it could put lots of drug dealers out of business. At least until they buy a license of some sort.

I think legalization is a great idea but of course, every drug needs a regulation. It would make all your favorite drugs ( marijuana ) cheaper and easier to get Although from experience, It's not really that hard, and it's fun to live an outlaw.

Even though it's never going to happen, it is still fun to think about. The government would tax the hell out of it too, but it would be cheaper. But we all know the government is evil and they would never do anything like this because they want control over our lives and we can't have any fun without getting punished. The way I see it is that alcohol is way way worse than Marijuana because it actually does mess up your vision, and weed, well that helps. We all know this because people with glaucoma smoke it and it helps with nausea.

Here are some good videos to watch after you read the article.

Video, Why Not Tax Marijuana?

And

Pot University
    Last edited by Dynocrimax; 09-11-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks
    Pot should 100% be legalized.

Most drug dealers would fail, most crime rates would drop, and the government would make loads of money on taxes.

I agree there should be some rules involved, maybe a license to grow it. Gotta be 21+ to smoke it.

Of course I'm speaking 100% of my opinion, and none of it is backed by actual data, but think about it.

Thanks
    I'm being curious here, but post what regulations you guys think there should be on Marijuana. It's interesting to hear what other people have to say about this kind of thing.

Thanks
    Legalise everything. Eventually, people will get bored of it. Most people i know only do it cause it's cool, and it's only cool cause it's illegal.

That and you get an awesome buzz

Thanks
    There's no doubt that legalizing marijuana would be a step in the right direction. Based on the progress in California alone we can see that (let alone other countries in the world).

When it comes to harder drugs such as cocaine and heroin, I don't really find any actual merit in legalization. It's a huge burden to the government, the social ramifications are beyond the scope of any theory one could devise, and they provide no actual benefit to society. Hard addictive drugs deteriorate human beings. I'm not remotely against them, matter of fact I enjoy the fact that some people get addicted to heroin and die. Thanks for the extra air. I just don't see any benefit to society in government subsidization of hard narcotics.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    K well I can tell you were on something when you started this topic. It's mainly that 4th paragraph XD. But I believe Marijuana should be legalized but regulated as it would be able to be taxed and greatly reduce the stress on our OUTSTANDING debt. And overall; taxes for other items would most likely be reduced after debts are almost gone. Well, interesting subject.

Thanks
    Not sure why you're priority would be reducing our national debt considering our economy is based off of debt in the first place. You know, it's entirely impossible for us to eliminate it.

Thanks
    weed shouldnt be legal the government would probably add more chemicals in it and it probably wouldnt be cheaper

Thanks
    It would have to be cheaper because If it were legalized for one, there would be more of a supply and they would have to beat dealers in prices. Plus, I wouldn't buy it from a store if it were legal, I would grow my own so the government couldn't add chemicals lol

Thanks
    i smoke because it give me knowledge

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Glaucoma, a condition of increased pressure within the eyeball causing gradual loss of sight, can be treated with medical marijuana to decrease this intraocular pressure. There has been debate for 25 years on the subject.
    It doesn't help eyesight, it reduced the pressure of the eyeballs cause by glaucoma.

Also, drinking won't hurt your eyesight. Beer is actually good for you, it has 0 fat. The only reason people get 'beer bellies' is because most people drunk on beer tend to go for a more greasy diet. Liquor on the other hand, will tear up your liver, but still not the eyesight.

Hope I could be of help there.