Thanks

Post PLEASE READ BETWEEN THE [ ]'s

EDIT: JUST LET THIS THREAD DIE. IT'S JUST NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND OR MEANT TO ADDRESS.
    Instead of bumping a five hour old thread on page two, I'm going to make this new thread with hopes that people will read it. But since they don't read other things, I doubt they'll read or understand this:

Periodically, weekly or bi-weekly, Nexon's servers are down. There are messages on Nexon's CA page, announcing the dates and times of when this takes place, and when it's finished. Now, in between these two brackets like these --> [ ] there is usually one of these two words:
    [Maintenance]
    or;
    [Patch]

Sometimes, these words will have "End" following them within the brackets (or between these "thingys" -->[ ] ), declaring that one of those processes, [Maintenance] or [Patch], has ended, ceased, stopped, finished, or for you tards - okk teh is gamz werkng plz btw thkan u an1 using hv kew hax ;smile, big grin, cyborg, cyborg, cool.
    (sometimes I have an easier time understanding the posts from kids using google to translate from other languages)

When there's a [Patch], it means that Nexon is patching any glitches or known bypass pathways, so your hacks may not work.

When there's a [Maintenance], Nexon is maintaining their servers, so there could be new items, gear, maps, or additional. Sometimes there is nothing new, but the fella's at Nexon performed some type of work that required the server's to be free of players.

Now that's clear, will people think before they spam a thread announcing one of these two down-time reasons?
    Each time the threads are filled with worries of loosing hacks with a [Maintenance], or the hopes of something new with a [Patch].
    Occasionally, an older member will come by and slap some sense into you in a flame such as "GTFO noob, its only maintanence, we might be getting a new map". Please take note of these remarks, and if you are one of those mixing these up, please follow their advice.
    Last edited by ArbitraryDrone; 09-13-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: I hope a newb posts here asking for hacks

Thanks
    Too bad that Nexon has patched hacks on several instances of [Maintenance]. If they didn't, your post would have been useful.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Defiance View Post
    Too bad that Nexon has patched hacks on several instances of [Maintenance]. If they didn't, your post would have been useful.
    Your right, the August 22nd Server Maintenance did include a patch. It was in the notes about what was going to be happening.
    Has there ever been a time where it wasn't mentioned in notes about a patch during maintenance?

EDIT: JUST LET THIS THREAD DIE. IT'S JUST NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND OR MEANT TO ADDRESS.