Thread: Longboarding

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Longboarding

Anyone here do it?

Upgrading to a new board. Looked at Loadeds and Originals, but not really interested in it unless you have some info that would persuade me otherwise. Seem like overpriced brandnames to me.

Kinda looking at an Arbor Axis GT
    Paris 180mm or Gullwing Charger 9"
    Orangatang Stimulus 70mm
    Bones Swiss

My friends and I go around the local downtown area, do some flatlanding and bomb garages, hills, bridges, etc. Kinda getting more serious with it now though so I'm just wondering what your opinions on what I was looking at were.

Also, do you longboard? What do you ride? What kinda places do you ride at?

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    I have no idea what longboarding is, care to explain ?

Thanks

That's longboarding

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    Define: serious ? carving? competitive downhill boarding? filming?

Like i said, stock setup . bearings are so shit, abec 5..... bones swiss are alright but they're expensive as fuck and all. I always settle with speed demons for skateboarding . Longboarding it didn't matter because I wasn't going down hill at crazy speeds or anything, just cruising and basic carving .

Last edited by Jabuuty671; 06-26-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Never but i would try it , sounds good

Thanks
    @Jabuuty671
    I'm looking at drop-thrus like the one I mentioned because of their versatility in downhill bombing at high speeds, carving, and flatland tricking. I enjoy all of those things and I want a board that is light, sturdy, and fast, so I can do all of those.

Your board is relatively similar to my current one. Cruisers like those are pretty limited in what they can do.

And to answer your question, yeah, we're filming every time we go out. Friend who rides with us is an incoming film major at FSU and he's putting all of our clips together. He makes it all look amazing.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    Awesome! Variety! unlike skateboarders, people stick to too much of one thing. and there are more mature longboarders than skateboarders .
    longboarding is just so chill.... i wish there were more people and places to longboard in my area.

damn.... sounds like a legit filmer. What camera is he using? a flip? handycam? or something like a sports camera similar to go pro's and countours?

Thanks
    Yeah I completely agree. It can be both exciting and relaxing. Riding the roads along the beach is so nice. Yet, I've never been more pumped than after flying by cars down a bridge and breaking the speed limit on a piece of wood and 4 wheels. Haha

We have a GoPro that we put on a board, and he manually films with some Panasonic HD camcorder that cost him around $300 or $400. I forget which.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Yeah I completely agree. It can be both exciting and relaxing. Riding the roads along the beach is so nice. Yet, I've never been more pumped than after flying by cars down a bridge and breaking the speed limit on a piece of wood and 4 wheels. Haha

We have a GoPro that we put on a board, and he manually films with some Panasonic HD camcorder that cost him around $300 or $400. I forget which.
    I'm feeling so jealous that you can can just do that. gosh . >_> . I agree, the speed and cruising with friends is just fun.

damnnnnnnn. if you can! link me with the video(s) when it comes out! I haven't seen a gopro pov on longboards yet, nor have i really went on youtube to check. sounds so fun =/

Thanks
    Lol sounds like you need to move to Florida. I was surprised how many people do it. Last time we went out, we bombed some parking garages downtown with like 15 of us. It was ridiculous.

Yeah I'll definitely do that. We're in the process of gathering clips at the moment. Got some flatland and some ... "urban parkour-style tricking", I guess you could call it haha. Gonna go this week and bomb this insane bridge for the video. Pretty much scared shitless of it but it should be fun haha.

Also, we had an article published about us in the local paper that stirred up a little activity. I'll see if I can find it.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Lol sounds like you need to move to Florida. I was surprised how many people do it. Last time we went out, we bombed some parking garages downtown with like 15 of us. It was ridiculous.

Yeah I'll definitely do that. We're in the process of gathering clips at the moment. Got some flatland and some ... "urban parkour-style tricking", I guess you could call it haha. Gonna go this week and bomb this insane bridge for the video. Pretty much scared shitless of it but it should be fun haha.

Also, we had an article published about us in the local paper that stirred up a little activity. I'll see if I can find it.
    I thought Florida has a similar amount of longboarders as cali. Idk, i don't live in the mainland... argh

flatland tricks for longboarding are like manuals, shuvits,old school kickflips, etc; right? bomb a bridge? there's a steep bridge in Florida? the fuck :O

was it a good article? lol

damn,

Thanks
    I've never longboarded, there aren't any hills where I live. (or streets )

And off topic: the video in your signature has been removed due to copyright.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

I thought Florida has a similar amount of longboarders as cali. Idk, i don't live in the mainland... argh

flatland tricks for longboarding are like manuals, shuvits,old school kickflips, etc; right? bomb a bridge? there's a steep bridge in Florida? the fuck :O

was it a good article? lol

damn,
    Yeah it's about the same number. The numbers are real high though lol. In fact, I just found out like 30 minutes ago that there is like a club for longboarders in my area that get together and ride, and since they're big enough, they can get mayor approval to shut down roads for their usage like when a Marathon takes place. I kinda want to join now lol. Open roads and bridges? Yes please.

Nah, longboard tricking is a little different.
    Here:

Yeah we have water all over, bro. Haha.
    Sunshine Skyway is 15 minutes away. Don't really see us trying that for a while, though, lol. Probably get about 60mph+ down that. That's just asking for death if you don't know what you're doing.
    Ringling Bridge is our bridge of choice. Peak at about 30-40mph depending on how you ride it.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (06-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    @Jabuuty671

GO PRO I have one, fuckin useful as hell. I mostly use it when I make biking montages (bmx & downhill) , or when I'm fucking around and running away from doing something

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Moto For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (06-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Yes actually i have when on vacation.

i rented tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast