Thread: 1.7 features

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Initially, 1.7 was supposed to be dubbed the “Adventure Update”; however, as the communities’ thirst for pistons overwhelmed Mojang, they’ve decided to release pistons in their very own update, with a few additonal goodies thrown in..

We've been lucky enough to explore the newest update for the past few days, and now we’re going to dive right in and show you what’s in store in the wonderful world of Minecraft.

Pistons

The largest update to Minecraft in 1.7 is the addition of pistons. Pistons - the brainchild of Minecraft community member Hippoplatimus - rapidly surged in popularity over the past few months, and were then announced by Mojang that they would be added to the official game.
    Pistons are poised to change the way people build in Minecraft - we’ve already seen some amazing mechanisms come from the community, their creativity seemingly knowing no bounds.

Pistons allow the user to move blocks using redstone circuitry to control their action. There are two types of pistons: regular and sticky. Regular pistons will push a block when powered, and then retract when not powered.

Sticky pistons work in much the same way, but with one caveat: they’re sticky! These pistons will push a block away when powered, but pull the block back when retracted.

TNT Changes

TNT can no longer be triggered by clicking on it, which for most, should be a good thing! Instead, you must now use either redstone circuitry, or a good old fashioned flame to ignite the destructive block.

Shears

Shears allow you to cut the leaves off of trees in one quick swipe, as well as trim wool of sheep without killing them. Killing sheep will no longer give you wool however, just the death of a cute, blocky sheep on your conscious.

Stackable Fences

Fences have a welcome improvement for architects - they can now be stacked on top of one-another when placed in the world. This removes the need for complex block-place-remove routines, which until now, were the only way to stack fence posts vertically. Additionally, players may now place torches on top of fences.

thank meh if u want to!

AND!
    Last edited by NightmareDeV1; 06-30-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks
    How many times is this info going to be posted?
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    everyone will post it, but still, its an awesome thing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    i posted 1st !