Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Empire is right when I was in high school we were at one point learning about all the major religions in history. We came to Buddhism, when we were learning about how Buddha wanted to learn about suffering blah blah blah, he came across 3 or 4 things and one was an atheist. Or a "religious denouncer". Even earlier accounts of atheism came from Africa.
    Or, you know, before religion was widespread.
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/wbstrange.png[/IMG]
    "I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Couple of things here for the OP to note. This argument (pretending it's valid) doesn't cause much of a blow to atheism because
    atheism doesn't require the need for any justification. People can try to justify saying a god exit, or a god does not exist, but some simply think that there is a god, or that there isn't. Not everyone looks for justification in their beliefs. Also another flaw with your argument is that theism shares every flaw as the big bang. Something can't come from nothing. That in essence is your argument against the Big Bang. Yet your beloved deity came from nothing, but I guess that's perfectly okay because he's magical and can do whatever he wants right(sarcasm intended)? Anyway your argument against atheism is hypocritical /nuff said.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    Couple of things here for the OP to note. This argument (pretending it's valid) doesn't cause much of a blow to atheism because
    atheism doesn't require the need for any justification. People can try to justify saying a god exit, or a god does not exist, but some simply think that there is a god, or that there isn't. Not everyone looks for justification in their beliefs. Also another flaw with your argument is that theism shares every flaw as the big bang. Something can't come from nothing. That in essence is your argument against the Big Bang. Yet your beloved deity came from nothing, but I guess that's perfectly okay because he's magical and can do whatever he wants right(sarcasm intended)? Anyway your argument against atheism is hypocritical /nuff said.
    Obviously we are talking about justification in our beliefs since we're arguing about it in the debate section.
    [IMG]https://i381.photobucke*****m/albums/oo259/darkstar9540/wbstrange.png[/IMG]
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill HickCock View Post

Obviously we are talking about justification in our beliefs since we're arguing about it in the debate section.
    You can justify not believing in one thing without justifying believing in believing in another, and I think plenty of people here do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................Atheism has been around as long as religion.......................................... .................................................. .........................
    erhm.. not exactly what i meant. i meant darwins theory.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    If you state that the law of conservation of mass, a SCIENTIFIC law, which says that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, where did God come from?

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

"Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by KABLE View Post
    If you state that the law of conservation of mass, a SCIENTIFIC law, which says that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, where did God come from?
    Maybe god is not made of matter, but antimatter
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Empire is right when I was in high school we were at one point learning about all the major religions in history. We came to Buddhism, when we were learning about how Buddha wanted to learn about suffering blah blah blah, he came across 3 or 4 things and one was an atheist. Or a "religious denouncer". Even earlier accounts of atheism came from Africa.
    Religion is a belief.

So there were always people who didn't believe.

Hence: atheist.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

KABLE (07-13-2011),Paroxysm (07-14-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Morior View Post
    And i agree with sab, that atheists have only been around for a short amount of time while religionists have been around for thousands of years.
    What? Are you fucking retarded? What do you call the people that existed before people invented deities? Lemme give you a hint, atheists.

edit: Empire beat me to it. Well done good sir.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 07-14-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234