Thread: vSide FAQ

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

vSide FAQ

What is vSide?

vSide is a totally immersive 3D world with an international flair. From the pulsing beat of the club scene to chic boutiques and serene neighborhoods, vSide is a world that's full of surprises and designed for fun. Personalilze your very own vSide apartment, your virtual home away from home, and hang out, listen to music, chat, dance, and make friends!

Who can join vSide?

Anyone over the age of 13 who agrees to the vSide Terms Of Use as stated in the registration and installation process can join vSide. vSiders must abide by the vSide House Rules at all times.

How do I get vSide?

To get vSide, visit vSide.com and follow the steps to create an account and download the client application.

How much does it cost to use vSide?

vSide is completely free to download, register, and hang out in!

What kind of computer do I need?

In order to run vSide you need a PC running Windows XP and later or a Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.4 and later with at least 512MB of free RAM (1GB or more recommended), a video card with at 128MB of VRAM or more, and an internet connection. A fast internet connection (DSL or better) is recommended for best performance and for enjoying the the streaming music and video in vSide.

How do I know if my computer meets the System Requirements?

One way to figure out if you can run vSide is to install and run it. If it works, then your machine meets the minimum requirements. Otherwise, you can check your various system profiles:

On Windows: Click Start and then right-click My Computer and select Properties. The General tab will show Operating System version and RAM. Then the Hardware Tab and Device Manager > Display Adapters will give you information about your video hardware.

On Macintosh: Click the Apple Menu and select About This Mac... The About This Mac panel will show you your Operating System version and total RAM (memory). Then the More Info button will open Apple System Profiler where you can find information about your video hardware under the Devices and Volumes tab.

The vSide application relies heavily on your video hardware, so the better your video card performs, the better the vSide application will run.

I downloaded vSide, but how do I install it?

For PC users: once the vSide installer download is complete, go to your computer's desktop (or wherever your browser saves downloaded files) and double-click the "vSide-Setup.exe" icon. Depending on your computer's security settings, you may get an "Open File - Security Warning" dialog box. Click "Run" if this dialog box pops up. Read and follow the instructions in the vSide Setup Wizard.

For Mac users: once the vSide installer download is complete, open the disk image (vSide.dmg) and drag the vSide icon to your Applications folder or Desktop.

As part of the installation process, read the entire License Agreement carefully. If you agree to the vSide Terms Of Use Agreement, click "I Agree". If you do not agree to the Terms Of Use Agreement, click "Cancel".

Why are some of the cities "Downloading" on my map?

In order to speed up the installer download, not all vSide cities are not included in new and upgraded vSide installations. vSide cities you do not have yet will download in the background while you play in vSide. When the cities are downloaded, they will be available to you on your vSide World Map.

Why isn't Gateway on my map?

Gateway only shows on the World Map for new users. But now i believe users are able to enter gateway even if they are not new.
    I've installed vSide! Where do I go next?

The first time you log in to vSide, you will be taken to Gateway city. Gateway is vSide's tutorial city and will cover all the basics You need to get around vSide. After you've finished Gateway, you can go on to explore the main cities of vSide or deck out your new vSide Apartment.

How can I manage my vSide account?

You can view and edit your vSide account details such as your email, password, and vSide newsletter preferences in the My Account section of vSide.com.

How do I change the e-mail address I use with vSide?

You can change your email address you use for vSide on your My Account Settings page. When you change your e-mail address, your old vSide account email will be de-activated and an activation mail will be sent to your new email address. Click the link in the new activation email to re-activate your vSide account email address.

How do I change my password?

To change your vSide password, go to your My Account page. You can change your password on your Account settings page.

What do I do if I forget my password?

If you forgot your vSide password, go to vSide.com. Click "LOGIN" at the top left and then Forgot your password?. An email with a link to reset your password will be sent to the email account you registered with vSide.

How do I change my username?

Follow the instructions on this page: Changing your vSide username - updated July '10. There is a 500 vBux charge for username changes.

Note: If you have a legacy username that contains invalid characters:
    : # < > $ % ^ & * ( ) / \ ;

you can request a transfer of your legacy account to a new, valid username (free of charge) by following the instructions on this Forum Announcement.

Do I need to activate my account?

It is strongly recommended that you provide a valid email address when you register for vSide. You can then activate your email address with vSide by clicking the link in the Registration Confirmation email you receive from vSide. By activating your account you will be able to take advantage of advanced vSide features, learn about vSide happenings, get vSide support, be eligible for contests, prizes, and more.

I didn't get my registration confirmation email. What should I do?

When you register for an account or change your email address, the registration email should come immediately. If you don't see it, check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, login to vSide.com and go to My Account. Be sure your email was entered correctly. If you still don't get the mail, try changing your email address on your My Account page. Gmail and Yahoo addresses both work fine.

I click on the Activation Link but I get an error that the Activation Code is invalid. What should I do?

The vSide Activation URL should come in your email looking something like this:
    https://www.vside.com/go/activate?use...gvTA7GJF1lUYQ1

but some email programs might display it like this:
    https://www.vside.com/go/activate?use...de=cUGyALXsGgv
    TA7GJF1lUYQ1

In the second one, as you can see, the last 12 characters of the activation link will not be included when you click, so the activation process will not work. You'll need to reassemble the full URL and paste it into your browser.

Note: neither of these URLs are real activation URLs, they are used for demonstration purposes only.

Do I need an AOL Instant Messenger account to use vSide?

You do not need an AOL Instant Messager account in order to use vSide, but vSide fully supports AIM. If you supply your AIM username and password in your People panel (accessible via the People button, also F3 key), you'll be able to IM your AIM buddies right from inside vSide!

Help, my account has been "hacked"! What should I do?

Were you really "hacked" or did you give your password to someone and now they've screwed you over? If you gave out your password, there's nothing we can do for you.

If you didn't give out your password and think someone else has been accessing your vSide account, the first thing you should do is reset your password to something difficult to guess. If you can't login, see if you can send yourself a password reset request via: https://www.vside.com/app/loginforgot

Never tell other people your password, and vSide staff will never ask you for your password. Here is more information on using a strong password

If you cannot login and cannot change your password, you will need to make a new vSide account and keep the new password a secret and difficult to guess. Doppelganger is usually unable to recover compromised vSide accounts.

However, if you have purchased vBux in the recent past, you can file a support ticket of type "My Account Security has been comprised," and supply the following information in the ticket:

• Street address used for vBux (just the street address, don't tell us city and state)
    • Date of last vBux transaction
    • last 4 digits of credit card used for last vBux transaction
    • email address used for last vBux transaction (you must have access to this email account)
    • any information you have about how/why this could have happened (the more you tell us the better)

If we are able to confirm your information, we will attempt to recover your account.

vSide has its own set of rules which you need to follow in order to stay safe, To be honest nobody gives a fuck about their rules just follow them when a moderator is near ur locality .
    Last edited by Time; 07-08-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    It's too slow in downloading city

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Oh sometimes the cities take a while to download gotta be patient D;