What are Apartments and Clubs?

Apartments and Clubs are customizable personal spaces in vSide. All vSiders start a with a free NV255 or Dot Dorm Apartment. In this FAQ, everything that is applicable to Apartments is also applicable to Clubs.

How do I get to my Apartment?

Access your Apartment anytime by selecting "My Place" from the Go Directory.

How do I upgrade my Apartment?

To get a different Apartment or to upgrade your current digs, just click the "My Place" icon on the Go Directory when you login to vSide. If you're already in-world, click the "Go" button on the button bar (or press F2) to access the Go Directory.

Browse the model Apartments and Clubs from the lower section of the "My Place" screen. When you find an Apartment you like, select "Purchase this Space". Apartments can be purchased with vPoints and vBux.

How can I customize the music and video in my Apartment?

Select a vSide Radio Station, YouTube video or play list, or Shoutcast music stream by selecting "Audio/Video" in the My Place button in your button bar. There are several vSide music streams to choose from, or you can paste in the URL of a YouTube video/playlist or Shoutcast stream. Once you have chosen what you want to play, mouseover the icon to the left of the slot and "press play."

[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/mymusic.jpg[/IMG]

In the above picture, we have a vSide Radio stream in the first slot, a YouTube video in the second slot, and a Shoutcast stream in the third slot. The user is about to "press play" on the Shoutcast stream. See the little hand pointer?

If Music/Video isn't working right, click the "Stop All Media" button and try again.

Where can I find out more about Music and DJing in vSide?

Check out these FAQs: Music | DJing and Live Radio Shows | Events

How can I decorate and get more furniture for my Apartment?

Access your furniture by selecting "My Furnishings" from the My Place button on the button bar and use the placement icons to move furniture around. Customize the walls, flooring, and ceiling with "Materials and Surfaces".

[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/furnishings.jpg[/IMG]

When you're ready for new items, select "Shop" from the My Place button to browse for more furniture, accessories, lights, disco floors, plants, trees, salon chairs, games, and even Bots!

Can I have more than one Apartment?

Yes. All vSiders can own one of every type of available Apartment and Club! There are paradise waterful villas, killer towers with amazing rooftops, and yachts with a built-in hot tub. As of vSide Beta 10, you can even own a dance club: Club Rage.

Can I have more than one furniture layout?

Want different furniture layouts for when you're chilling in your pad or for when you're having a raging party? Save up to three different furniture layouts for your Apartment with the Layouts panel in the My Place button. A single furniture item can be used in multiple layouts and even in multiple Apartments. For example, you can buy one Hot Tub and have it in all of your pads!How cool is that?

How can I control who is in my Apartment?

Remember, you're in charge at your Apartment!

Control if your Apartment is Open, Friends-Only, or if you want to have a Door Code by selecting "My Rules and Description" from the My Place button in your button bar.

You can also help your Apartment guests get around by Summoning them (teleporting them to you) by right-clicking on their name or avatar and selecting "My Place: Summon", or respawn them to your Apartment's front door if they get lost or stuck by right-clicking on their name or avatar and choosing "My Place: Respawn".

To kick someone out of your place, right-click on that person's avatar or name in the chat bubble and select "My Place: Kick", or type /kick username. Kick is temporary -- the offending user can come right back if your Apartment is Open. Of course, if you change the Door Code, and then you /kick someone, s/he won't be able to come back.

To permenantly blacklist someone from your Apartment, right-click on that person's avatar or name in the chat bubble and select "My Place: Block", or type /block username. Want to let someone back in? Select "My Place: Unblock" on that person's name, or type /unblock username.

Finally, if you have someone on Ignore, they will not be able to enter any of your Apartments.

Is my Apartment always open?

Right now your Apartment is only accessible to others when you are in it and you have granted access to them in your "My Rules" settings. If you leave your Apartment, your Apartment will still be accessible if other vSiders are in it. When the last vSider leaves, your Apartment will "go away" until you "open it" again by logging into vSide and going to "My Place."

Can I give someone else "Host Powers"?

Yes. To make someone a "Co-Host", right-click on that person's avatar or name in the chat bubble and select "My Place: Make Co-host." That person will be able to: summon, respawn, kick and grant/revoke microphones. You can right-click > "Unmake Co-host" to revoke the Host Powers. Co-hosts will only have "Host Powers" while they remain in your Apartment.

Co-hosts do not have the ability to more furniture, control the Audio/Video, etc.

Are there drinks in vSide?

Yes. An assortment of non-alcoholic beverages are available from various bars throughout the world.

How do I get a drink?

Walk up to a bar or vending machine. If drinks are available, you will see a "Shop" button on your button bar.

Can I make a drink for someone?

Yes. You can make drinks for other vSiders if you have a drink prop. Visit the Vista View Rooftop Bar in LGA and buy a few. Once you have a prop, you can right-click on someone and choose "Make Drink" to make them a drink. If they accept, you will look cooler then Tom Cruise in Cocktail.

[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/john-cruise-lol.jpg[/IMG]

If I have a drink, can I give it to someone?

Yes. Right-click on their avatar and "Give Drink"

How do I put away my drink props?

Like all props, you can choose which props you are wearing by going into your closet via "Me" -> "Closet" on your button bar (or pressing F5).

Where's the Salon in vSide

The La Bonita Salon is in the LGA district of vSide

What can I get at the Salon and how does it work?

vSiders can purchase props at La Bonita. The props can be used to give other vSiders manicures, pedicures, and special hair styles. You can get your hair and nails done by sitting in one of the Salon chairs. Someone with the correct prop then interacts with the chair. Can I get a Salon chair in my Apartment?

Yes. The hair and nail chairs are available as furniture items in your apartment. Just click "My Place" -> Shop in your Apartment and look for your favorite chair.

What about Piercings?

Similar to the Salon in LGA, there's a Piercing shop in RaiJuku called Gothzilla. You can buy piercing props there, and there are a couple piercing chairs to use right in the shop. You can also get a piercing chair for your Apartment.

So how many different chairs are there?

Four. Mani, Pedi, Hair, Pierce.

Once again thanks to Moritz for the pics.