Thanks

[Cod4] Weapon skinning tutorial.

Hey buddys,

I decided to post In the next few days some tutorials from me. Here's the first one.

The Following is a tutorial for making weapon skins in Call of Duty 4.

You will need:
    º To know how to read
    º Adobe Photoshop
    º Winrar
    º Skinning Tools
    º Call of Duty 4

Here we go:

First off, unzip your skinning tools to your desktop or any prefered place. Now that its unzipped in a spot you
    would like to work with it we can now start.

Find the "DDS Plug In" folder go in it and right click the dds.8bi file and click copy. Now open your photoshop
    directory: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop\Plug-Ins\File Formats and paste the file. The dds file must be installed
    in order to do skinning for CoD4.

Now to find the weapon you want to skin, In the "Skinning Tools" i have supplied you with folders that contain the
    weapon files so you do not have to go digging through your "main" folder to find them, Most of the main weapons are there.
    If you would like to find the other weapons go to C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main and use winzip
    to open the file IW_4.iwd Once that is open scroll down untill you see the files with the prefix' weapons, and there you can find
    the weapons images,

IMPORTANT!: weapon files that do not contain _col or _c are not the weapons skins, they are only the images that hsow in the hud, so make sure
    the files you pick out have _col or _c.

Ok so go ahead and drag and drop the weapon image you want into your skinning tools folder and maybe you would like to make a folder for it, so you wont
    have to go digging for it again, Once you found your image you wish to you from either the IW_4 archive or from my divided folders, Drag the .iwi file [the skins you picked]
    onto the "iwi2dds.exe" and it will create a .dds file and you will now open it into photoshop.

Once you open it into Photoshop a window MAY pop up saying "Would like to display MIP Maps with the image" Select No if this popup appears.
    Now edit the image as you wish, Once you have completed your masterpiece go to "File>Save as and save the image in .dds format
    A window will appear asking for .dds format. Set Save Format to ***5 and MIP Maps to Generate MIP maps.

Now that you have your image saved out as a .dds format drag the image onto the "dds2iwi-cod4.exe" to convert your .dds back into .iwi, you will have to change the file name
    of the image because it will now be FOR example "weapon_g36_col.iwi_out" you will need to change it to "weapon_g36_col.iwi" whitch is what the name was before you
    converted the main .iwi file to .dds. Now that you have the .iwi file created and the name changed, it is ready to be archived!

To archive your wonderful weapon place the edited .iwi file into"C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare\images" you may have
    to create the "images" folder yourself, Once the .iwi is in the correct spot its time to flip the magic switch, go to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare"
    and doubleclick the makemod exe. it will start a Batch file and ocne its finished hit any key to exit, and it will have created a new file in the folder called z_modwarfare.iwd
    You will probley have to rename this file as there may already be a file of that name. To make your weapon skin work you msut place the .iwd file (the new file made by Batch)
    into C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main

Now that its all set you can start a multiplayer match and see how it works, If you have any issues jsut reply to this topic and i will try to help you as best as possible.
    Thanks for reading my tutorial..

ps; This by the way found my brother, while looking on internet some stuff. I changed it abit and now have fun.

Regards,

Thanks
    ty man but i dont think ppl well use skins for cod4 cuz the game is to pretty to change something...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHadyDAGGER View Post
    ty man but i dont think ppl well use skins for cod4 cuz the game is to pretty to change something...
    yep. the game is nice looking. no need to change anything.

Thanks
    dam i cnt do this cuz i cant read

Thanks
    Where can I download these skinning Tools?

Thanks
    have no idea..
    Last edited by artur79; 12-21-2008 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    nt for the people ho wanna change something but
    I think that that are not many people xD
    Just the game is so fucking nice dude!