Young angel; if you hate me tell me burn in heaven♥.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Fishing Guide [Levels 1-99]

Today, we will go over the basics of Fishing.
    Fishing Chart

Enjoy!

Levels 1-10
    You can choose between fishing Shrimps, which require a small fishing net, or you can fish Crayfish, and requires a crayfish cage. They both obtain the same amount of experience, which is 10 per fish. Shrimp can be found by Lumbridge, which is where I recommend starting off your fishing career. They can too be found in various oceans. But Crayfish can be located near Farmer Fred, west of his farm to be exact.

Levels 10-20
    You can fish Herring either until level 15, or continue all the way to level 20. Herring requires a fishing rod and fishing bait, and they give you 30 experience. They can be found where the goblins are located in Lumbridge, which is across from the cows. If you choose not to continue all the way to level 20, then you can simply go back to where you fished for Shrimp in Lumbridge, or you can go to any other various ocean, and use the same small fishing net you used to fish for Shrimp to catch Anchovies. Anchovies give you 40 experience per caught fish.

Levels 20-30
    Now comes the easier part, but with more decisions. Starting off on level 20, you can begin to fish trout. They are located in numerous places including, Karamaja, Lumbridge, Barbarian Village, and other rivers. They give 50 experience per catch, but require a fishing rod and bait. Now for your other options, starting when you get to level 25. You can continue, or start to fish Pike. Catching Pike is 60 experience, and they are located at basically the same places as the Trout. I would recommend doing this, only because it is more experience, which means leveling up faster. You can do these techniques until you reach level 30.

Levels 30-40
    To start off level 30, I would highly recommend fishing Salmon at barbarian village. Now, many many players have found this location useful, because of closeness to the Varrock Bank. And also, because you can catch Trout and Salmon at this location, which is a good way to get fast experience. Salmon requires level 30, and give 70 experience per catch. Most players continue catching Salmon at Barbarian Village until level 40, which is fine. I would recommend actually switching from Salmon to Tuna when you reach level 35. Tuna makes a good profit, gives 80 experience per catch, and is located at Karamja, and for members, Catherby. Since you'll be crammed at Karamja for a while, you might as well start to fish there.

Levels 40-50
    For starting level 40, you have two choices. You may either fish Tuna until a specific level to help you be able to catch Lobster's easier, or you can start fishing Lobsters right off the bat. Now, Lobsters are located in Karmaja, thus why I said you will be crammed here. They give 90 experience per successful catch, and make a very good profit. Karamja will become a very important fishing site for you because of a very important person called Stiles. "Who the fuck is Stiles?" you may ask. Well, he is a very important human, who exchanges lobsters, tuna and swordfish for banknotes. This person will become very useful to you, because you don't have to run back and forth between Karamja and Port Sarim. Honestly, I don't think there are any quest/skill requirement to use Stiles, but you must speak to him before you start Fishing and banknoting it up. If you do bot with RSBuddy, I would highly recommend using Aion's Karamja Fisher. It's fast, exchanges banknotes, and has anti-ban.

Levels 50-99 (Free-To-Play)
    Swordfish. You number one priority. Tuna. Not a good thing to catch anymore. Botting. A great way to get 99 fishing. Aion's Karamja Fisher. The way to bot swordfish. Enough of the fun and games now. Swordfish are 100 experience, and have a super good profit if you banknote with Stiles. This is one of the great ways to get 99 Fishing, and it's proficient. I have made over 5mil getting from level 85-89, I recommend it for Free-To-Play players.

Levels 50-76 (Members Only)
    Now your starting to catch Swordfish, and may be botting with Aion's Karamja Fisher. But, enough of those baby games. You wanna get down to business. I'm talking Leaping Trout and Salmon. It's the easy way to get to level 76, and you can make your own bait. Catch the fish, cut the fish with a knife, and make you bait easy. Otto's Grotto is a great place to start to fish Leaping Trout, which requires 48 Fishing, 15 Agility, and 15 Strength.

Levels 76-99 (Members Only)
    Sharks are a great way to make your way to 99 Fishing. They're about 1,000 GP, give about 110 experience, and are near a bank. The Fishing Guild is amazingly good for catching sharks, and pretty much anything else. And, if you get bored with harpooning sharks, you can always go to Otto's Grotto, and hand-catch them, but you need 96 Fishing. If you need other options, i would highly recommend still fishing Leaping Trout, Salmon, or Surgeon, because not only does it give you Fishing experience, it also gives you Strength and Agility experience.
    ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
    When you are finished getting your 99 Fishing, give yourself a pat on the back, hike up to the Fishing Guild, and get your Fishing Cape. Congrats!
    Last edited by Katy; 07-31-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    Princess since: 7/3/2012
    Need something translated from/to English? PM/VM me!

[/URL][/URL]

MSN: mpgh.katy@yahoo.com
    PM/VM me if you have any questions!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    where rocktails are ? phail .

i swear u leeched it somewhere , now just forgot some extra fishies
    Last edited by Krispy; 07-31-2011 at 04:25 AM.
    [img]https://www.**********/image/1518316/noob-hacker.gif[/img]

Thanks
    He didn't leech i think, he said he was going to make a Guide in Dakota's resource thread --'

Thanks
    Im pretty sure this guide isn't leeched..Although i believe shark only seel for around 400 something gp now?.. Althought..I havent been on rs for a while..But nice guide..And you almost got 99 fishing dont you katy?

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    all i looked at was the fishing skill chart and walked around to see where the fish are... and yes. I do have naturally good sentence structure. what did you think I did? copy and paste? your wrong. (:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Thanks for the guide, will use when I get interested in fishing.

Warrock Minion 8-13-2011 - N/A
    A.V.A Minion since 11-1-11 - 11-12-11

Thanks
    Great guide job on this

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dakota For This Useful Post:

Katy (07-31-2011)

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by lmdezi View Post
    Im pretty sure this guide isn't leeched..Although i believe shark only seel for around 400 something gp now?.. Althought..I havent been on rs for a while..But nice guide..And you almost got 99 fishing dont you katy?
    yessir just thought I'd start making some moolahh(: fishing sharks. but right now im at my friends ahaha but im botting magics back home. hope to god my mom doesn't restate to computer ahaha

1,000,000,000,000 Light-years Away From Earth(♁) ☺
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    to bad am already 99 fishing.
    but still, appreciate it!~

Leecher: 0
    Newbie: 25
    Member: 50
    Advanced Member: 100
    H4X0R Member: 150
    Dual-Keyboard Member: 250
    Expert Member: 500
    Bobo's Trainer: 750
    MPGH Expert: 1000
    Synthetic Hacker: 1250

Blackhat Hacker: 1500
    Whitehat Hacker: 2000
    Bobo's Guardian: 2500
    Upcoming MPGHiean: 3000
    MPGH Addict: 3500
    MPGHiean: 4000
    MPGH Knight: 4500
    MPGH Lord: 5000
    MPGH Champion: 5500
    MPGH King: 6000
    MPGH Legend: 6500
    MPGH God: 7000
    MPGH God II: 7500
    MPGH God III: 8000
    MPGH God IV: 8500
    MPGH God V: 9000
    ♚ Arun's Slave: 9500
    ♔ Dave's Slave: 10000

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Great tutorial but you are missing Cavefish and Rocktail and by fishing Rocktail from 90-99 can make you around 20-30mil

Quote Originally Posted by lumpylog View Post
    Whats a "BR" ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Thanks for the tutorial! It helped