Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Muslims says that bible is Is Corrupted?

Many great MUSLIM teachers DO NOT believe the Bible has been corrupted and ACCEPT the authenticity of our PRESENT New Testament texts.

Ali al-Tabari (died 855) accepted the Gospel texts
    Amr al-Ghakhiz (869) " " " "
    BUKHARI (810-870) " " " " (he gathered some of the earliest tradition of Islam quoted the Quran itself to support his belief in the text of the Bible Sura 3:72,78)
    Al-Mas’udi (956) " " " "
    Abu Ali Husain Bin Sina (1037)" " "
    AL-GHAZZALI (1111) " " " " (probably the greatest Muslim scholar he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings)
    Ibn-Khaldun (1406) " " " " " " (he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings but rather believed the earlier Islamic teachers.)
    Sir Sayyid Ahmad Khan, founder of the Aligarh College "In the opinion of us Mohammedans it is not proved that corruption (tahrif-i-lafzi)...was practiced."
    Fakhruddin Razi, on the authority of Ibn Abbas, a nephew of Muhammed, "The Jews and early Christians were suspected of altering the text of the Taurat and Injil; but in the opinion of eminent doctors and theologians it was not practicable thus to corrupt the text, because those Scriptures were generally known and widely circulated, having been handed down from generation to generation."

i got the source from-Christians Answer Muslims, Gerhard Nehls, 1992 Can We Trust the Bible?, J Wijngaard Quran, A. Yusuf Ali Kitab al-Asnam, Ibn al-Kalbi, 1952 Sahih al Bukhari, 6th ed. 1986 The Islamic Christian Controversy, LCA 1996

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by -ECsTaSY- View Post
    Many great MUSLIM teachers DO NOT believe the Bible has been corrupted and ACCEPT the authenticity of our PRESENT New Testament texts.

Ali al-Tabari (died 855) accepted the Gospel texts
    Amr al-Ghakhiz (869) " " " "
    BUKHARI (810-870) " " " " (he gathered some of the earliest tradition of Islam quoted the Quran itself to support his belief in the text of the Bible Sura 3:72,78)
    Al-Mas’udi (956) " " " "
    Abu Ali Husain Bin Sina (1037)" " "
    AL-GHAZZALI (1111) " " " " (probably the greatest Muslim scholar he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings)
    Ibn-Khaldun (1406) " " " " " " (he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings but rather believed the earlier Islamic teachers.)
    Sir Sayyid Ahmad Khan, founder of the Aligarh College "In the opinion of us Mohammedans it is not proved that corruption (tahrif-i-lafzi)...was practiced."
    Fakhruddin Razi, on the authority of Ibn Abbas, a nephew of Muhammed, "The Jews and early Christians were suspected of altering the text of the Taurat and Injil; but in the opinion of eminent doctors and theologians it was not practicable thus to corrupt the text, because those Scriptures were generally known and widely circulated, having been handed down from generation to generation."

i got the source from-Christians Answer Muslims, Gerhard Nehls, 1992 Can We Trust the Bible?, J Wijngaard Quran, A. Yusuf Ali Kitab al-Asnam, Ibn al-Kalbi, 1952 Sahih al Bukhari, 6th ed. 1986 The Islamic Christian Controversy, LCA 1996
    Some things might not be corrupted but in the end, it's still corrupted.
    And where can i get a Bible for god sake? Can i just go to the church as a Muslim and say, can i get a bible? If not, can i buy it?

Which door do i need to enter? The huge big door? It's closed?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by lies' View Post
    Some things might not be corrupted but in the end, it's still corrupted.
    And where can i get a Bible for god sake? Can i just go to the church as a Muslim and say, can i get a bible? If not, can i buy it?

Which door do i need to enter? The huge big door? It's closed?
    You can buy them almost anywhere.......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Nah I Would Rather Read Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This is a riveting tale chap..but explain this to me.

Why does it state in multiple passages in the Quran that it was in fact corrupted?

No just estimate of Allah do they make when they say: "Nothing doth Allah send down to man (by way of revelation)" Say: "Who then sent down the Book which Moses brought?- a light and guidance to man: But ye make it into (separate) sheets for show, while ye conceal much (of its contents): therein were ye taught that which ye knew not- neither ye nor your fathers." Say: "Allah (sent it down)": Then leave them to plunge in vain discourse and trifling. (Quran 6:91)

But because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard; they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the message that was sent them, nor wilt thou cease to find them- barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits: but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for Allah loveth those who are kind. From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done. (Quran 5:13-14)

Last edited by Ethereal; 10-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    It is corrupted. I doubt that you can find a real Bible today.

Thanks
    Nah i dont really care how it is

Thanks
    its been changed over time
    same with the torah

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    its been changed over time
    same with the torah
    Would you like to provide proof of that?

Considering that I've already showed people Bible text that predates the Quran by like 800 years.
    Old text is pretty much the same. Only difference is it's transcribed in a different language.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Would you like to provide proof of that?

Considering that I've already showed people Bible text that predates the Quran by like 800 years.
    Old text is pretty much the same. Only difference is it's transcribed in a different language.
    The only way to be one hundred percent sure you're reading the actual word of the bible is to learn Arabic and read the Dead Sea Scrolls. If you rely on translations, it is almost guarantee'd that the translation will be wrong, as many languages translate other languages differently to fit their sentence structure. With that being the case, many translations into English were off of other languages (Such as Germanic languages considering they dominated Europe for the majority). This could easily lead to small changes that are incorrect in the bible in a modern day translation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKinky View Post

The only way to be one hundred percent sure you're reading the actual word of the bible is to learn Arabic and read the Dead Sea Scrolls. If you rely on translations, it is almost guarantee'd that the translation will be wrong, as many languages translate other languages differently to fit their sentence structure. With that being the case, many translations into English were off of other languages (Such as Germanic languages considering they dominated Europe for the majority). This could easily lead to small changes that are incorrect in the bible in a modern day translation.
    Oldest known translations of the Bible were in Koine Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic..not Arabic.
    Also..the Dead Sea Scrolls wasn't even a full Bible.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 10-18-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Who cares if it is or if it is not, just be an Atheist and just not care.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Void View Post
    Or you can stay on topic and not chime in with your personal outlook on life which isn't related to the discussion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Void View Post
    But God is not happy with this option. So, you better change your mind already.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan For This Useful Post:

Qmo (10-19-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    whoever your god
    whatever your religion

I guarantee , , , your GOD will not like this

اَللّهُ اَكْبَرُ

.:If u can respect other people work, then u will get what u want:.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast