Thanks

Question about movement speed bind

I use num 1 from Pie binds to walk faster a lot. I usually always turn it off before I go to town, but since I was gonna replay a mission I didn't turn it off. But there was lag so I got sent to town rather than docks, and everyone was going super fast so I panicked like a dumb noob and immediately shut off my VM since Vindictus was freezing up, hoping no one thought I was the person causing it lol.

My question is, when you turn that on in town, does EVERYONE walk faster or is it just you seeing everything in fast motion?

Thanks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Well... seeing this thread in the Vindictus forums...

Nexon Forums - Super speed infection?

I'll be willing to bet that it does affect everyone

Behind your computer screen, nomming your bytes!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFluffyBunnyPork View Post
    I use num 1 from Pie binds to walk faster a lot. I usually always turn it off before I go to town, but since I was gonna replay a mission I didn't turn it off. But there was lag so I got sent to town rather than docks, and everyone was going super fast so I panicked like a dumb noob and immediately shut off my VM since Vindictus was freezing up, hoping no one thought I was the person causing it lol.

My question is, when you turn that on in town, does EVERYONE walk faster or is it just you seeing everything in fast motion?

Thanks!
    It only affects you. What the command does is tell your game to interpret normal movement at 5x the regular speed. This interprets everybody;s movement like this for your client. Since the only person connected to your client while in town is you, you are the only one affected.

This same reasoning is applied while in dungeons. If you are the host, then when you press the command, all people connected to you (everyone in the party) will start moving faster. However, if you are just a member of the party, since nobody is connected to your client, it doesn't affect anyone else.

Basically, you have nothing to worry about by having the command activated while in town, as long as you are standing still. If you start moving, then everyone will see you jump around at warp speed.

As far as that link to the Nexon forums goes.
    What happened to them is they joined a party, where the party leader was a hacker and had the speed command activated. Since the party leader had it activated, everyone in the party got it on their clients too. Since a normal user can't turn it off like we can, they are stuck with it. Then if they host a party, everyone in their party gets it too.
    Last edited by Zaiakunokami; 08-21-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Important Information!
    Rules: #1 - #2 - #3
    Search Button - By Dracconus ---------------------- Useful Commands - By darkwar4ever
    Set-up Vindictus hacks - By crietenz ---------------- Tutorial for SinBotv2.3 - By badhomaks
    What commands do in town! - By Zaiakunokami ------ How to put default binds in SinBot - By Zaiakunokami

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaiakunokami For This Useful Post:

cornfield (08-21-2011),PinkFluffyBunnyPork (08-21-2011),veryvoodoo (08-21-2011)

Thanks
    Thank you Zaia, that was very informative.

Behind your computer screen, nomming your bytes!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFluffyBunnyPork View Post
    Thank you Zaia, that was very informative.
    You're very welcome!

Important Information!
    Rules: #1 - #2 - #3
    Search Button - By Dracconus ---------------------- Useful Commands - By darkwar4ever
    Set-up Vindictus hacks - By crietenz ---------------- Tutorial for SinBotv2.3 - By badhomaks
    What commands do in town! - By Zaiakunokami ------ How to put default binds in SinBot - By Zaiakunokami