Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    BF= more skill based and tactical as well as a some what slower pace, epic sound+good graphics
    CoD=spray and pray, everyones a one man army, op perks and kill streaks, derp sound and shit graphics
    BF>COD
    Pretty much that ^

Though BF can be just as face paced and intense as CoD. Main difference is that you'll be hard pressed to find a cooperative team in CoD whereas in BF objectives dominate each game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Pretty much that ^

Though BF can be just as face paced and intense as CoD. Main difference is that you'll be hard pressed to find a cooperative team in CoD whereas in BF objectives dominate each game.
    CoD is too easy, BF is kinda of a challenge
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH
    League of Legends God & Previous Minion

Thanks
    I don't like either.
    this game is awesome

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakob View Post

Two similar games? They play nothing like each other. Completely different games if you ask me.
    Saints Row and GTA play different but they're still comparable . Same genre = comparable either way, otherwise there's no point in having genres.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post

Nobody said anything about fun. We're discussing quality, if you haven't noticed. For example, I love CoD. Really fun for the first bit. I prefer battlefield over cod because it has greater quality, as well as more fun IMO. Fun isn't the only comparable basis. Just because we're comparing 2 similar games and voicing opinions doesn't mean we're braindead fanboys for liking a certain game more.
    There really isn't much else to debate besides fun, seeing as how the two games are in totally separate leagues. Refer back to the mario and sonic comparison one more time.

But if you must, CoD is supposed to be fast paced, and not meant for heavy teamwork. The game is designed as nothing more than a spammy fragfest. So in terms of quality, CoD matches up exactly the same as BF in terms of what they set out to do, vs what they did. The only thing that doesn't fall into that, is DLC, which will be released absurdly fast, and at absurdly high prices, and the amazing price tag for pretty much nothing more than a re-release. BF has Cod beat in terms of that, but falls a little bit more on the publisher than the developer, seeing as how all DLC used to be free for CoD until it got really popular.

Both games are great in what they do. Comparing the two games together like they are the same always boils down to one thing, which is the opinion on the person posting. If the opinion sways towards BF, the outcome will be BF, and vice versa for CoD. If you like one, than fine, but that doesnt make the other a bad game.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    I'm still waiting to play BFBC2. I got the PC recently. I just need to download it since I have it on steam. It's over 5 gig and that will take the whole day so I'm gonna be downloading it at college on my laptop. I even have VIP hacks for it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    There really isn't much else to debate besides fun, seeing as how the two games are in totally separate leagues. Refer back to the mario and sonic comparison one more time.

But if you must, CoD is supposed to be fast paced, and not meant for heavy teamwork. The game is designed as nothing more than a spammy fragfest. So in terms of quality, CoD matches up exactly the same as BF in terms of what they set out to do, vs what they did. The only thing that doesn't fall into that, is DLC, which will be released absurdly fast, and at absurdly high prices, and the amazing price tag for pretty much nothing more than a re-release. BF has Cod beat in terms of that, but falls a little bit more on the publisher than the developer, seeing as how all DLC used to be free for CoD until it got really popular.

Both games are great in what they do. Comparing the two games together like they are the same always boils down to one thing, which is the opinion on the person posting. If the opinion sways towards BF, the outcome will be BF, and vice versa for CoD. If you like one, than fine, but that doesnt make the other a bad game.
    Nobody went to the extreme yet of saying one game is bad, as far as I see. We're not really debating much BUT the quality of what the games bring (the qualities that they share, at least). I doubt BF3 will have overpriced content, as DICE has been holding back EA from doing since BFBC2 (where we bought a VIP pass for $5 and got a shitload of new maps. Then a $15 HUMONGOUS expansion, which was vietnam). The quick the DLC comes, the longer the fans are entertained.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    BF= more skill based and tactical as well as a some what slower pace, epic sound+good graphics
    CoD=spray and pray, everyones a one man army, op perks and kill streaks, derp sound and shit graphics
    BF>COD
    That's where i dissagree.
    Both games has it's own strengths. BF has great skill and team work required to play and mw2 takes great skill but little game play. Both are good but mw2 has better campaign and bf has better multiplayer.

Thanks
    Battlefield.
    kthnxbai

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post

Nobody went to the extreme yet of saying one game is bad, as far as I see. We're not really debating much BUT the quality of what the games bring (the qualities that they share, at least). I doubt BF3 will have overpriced content, as DICE has been holding back EA from doing since BFBC2 (where we bought a VIP pass for $5 and got a shitload of new maps. Then a $15 HUMONGOUS expansion, which was vietnam). The quick the DLC comes, the longer the fans are entertained.
    And I can completely agree with you there. If it were not for activision constantly running the parade, CoD would be in a much better situation in terms of DLC, content prices, and so on and so forth. Its probably the reason I will put BF3 on preorder, and torrent MW3 when it gets released, as it seems DICE/EA are making the effort to try not to push the market into forcing customers to dl their content or suffer through missing out.

However, this has very little effect on the actual gameply itself, and my above point of CoD manages to do exactly what it set out to do, as does BF still stands.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quake or gtfo

Thanks
    Team Fortress 2
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    Quake or gtfo
    CPMA GOGOGO.

Also, Wolfenstein ET. Apparently the old FAG servers are still running, and I've been wanting to re-dl the game to play them again.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    CPMA GOGOGO.

Also, Wolfenstein ET. Apparently the old FAG servers are still running, and I've been wanting to re-dl the game to play them again.
    Haha I still play Wolfenstein ET every now and again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    Haha I still play Wolfenstein ET every now and again.
    You never played on the FAG servers did you?
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast