Thanks

Custom .pak's how to use your own

So I see a lot of people posting their own pak files for stuff like crosshairs and clothing. My question is how do you get it to read your files? The reason I ask is because I can only edit the main files and save them to get my crosshairs to work. If I make a new file and toss it in the directory it doesn't work.

So what is the trick to being able to make completely new .pak files and toss them into the folder to be read because I would like to upload some of my mods but currently id have to upload the main resource files which are 500 mb or more.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Thanks
    I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for, but I created my own crosshair mod with these 2 applications called DragonNest Model Browser and DN mods packer.

The dragonnest model browser is used to view .skn files and extract them. you can also extract any other files but you can only view the .skn files.

You can view .dds files by using GIMP and getting a plug-in for .dds files.

If you want to make your own .pak files download the zip i have below, you put the .dds, .skn, etc files into the folder called resource, then open the DN mods packer application. A pop up will come with random letters and stuff. There will be 2 buttons, click the one on the left. Then another pop up will come up. just press ok. A .pak file should load into the same location as the DN mods packer. That will be the file you move into the dragon nest folder for the mod.

when you download the mods packer, just extract it to your desktop or somewhere you can keep track of it.

BTW you might want to re-name the .pak file so that you can remember which mod it is.

Screenie of contents inside folder :
    [IMG]https://i925.photobucke*****m/albums/ad97/zabrefang96/dasgadfdf.png[/IMG]

Virus scans : DN Mods Packer.rar - Jotti's malware scan

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mochili96 For This Useful Post:

apercarlo (07-24-2014),arereez (08-04-2012),CindyKCY (12-04-2015),cmc5414 (06-12-2013),fahrizz (07-25-2015),heyned (09-22-2012),isosplz (05-07-2015),laserfish (11-02-2012),narutofan231 (04-11-2013),terry81 (03-14-2015),ukazaki898 (01-26-2013),whoisshaun (09-05-2011)

Thanks
    I found this program that lets me browse and edit pak files without extracting them. What I did was download your crosshair, replace each file and saved it but when I go to use it I get the default crosshair. It has worked fine in the past but ill try your program.

I just left a visitor message on your page cuz I couldn't PM you and I didn't see your reply here until after I left that!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I tried your packer and still I only get the default crosshair. Ill upload my 2 dds files and maybe you can take a look at them and see if I did something wrong.

Thanks

https://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/...93-1315287939#
    Last edited by whoisshaun; 09-05-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Virus Scan

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whoisshaun For This Useful Post:

cmc5414 (06-12-2013),crescent8 (06-03-2013),terry81 (03-14-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisshaun View Post
    I found this program that lets me browse and edit pak files without extracting them. What I did was download your crosshair, replace each file and saved it but when I go to use it I get the default crosshair. It has worked fine in the past but ill try your program.

I just left a visitor message on your page cuz I couldn't PM you and I didn't see your reply here until after I left that!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I tried your packer and still I only get the default crosshair. Ill upload my 2 dds files and maybe you can take a look at them and see if I did something wrong.

Thanks

they look ok to me. i can only think of 2 things that are casuing it not to work.

1. you have another crosshair mod in your dn folder and maybe they're messing each other up?

2. The sizes for the pictures are a must, not optional...
    So for the default crosshair, make it 32x32 and the target crosshair 64x64.

Thanks
    Well I changed it to 32x32 and 64x64 I also checked and the only other mods I have are clothing mods. I will upload the resource I made im really confused here because im pretty sure im doing everything correct it just will not work for me..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whoisshaun For This Useful Post:

cmc5414 (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    uhmm ok then.... for some reason i found this in the resource file
    [IMG]https://i925.photobucke*****m/albums/ad97/zabrefang96/asdf.png[/IMG]
    and those are defiently NOT supposed to be in there....
    and another thing, your "crosshair.dds" file is 64x64 when it's supposed to be 32x32
    and your "crosshairtarget.dds" file is 64x65... supposed to be 64x64 man >__>

Thanks
    I have no idea how those got in there the only thing in the folder when I open the packer up is the 2 dds files. As for the sizes I just noticed when I changed the sizes and saved it through gimp it doesn't actually save the new size. I went back and made new ones in photoshop made a new pak file and still I get the default crosshair.

I double checked this time to make sure each one had the right size after saved and that they were the only 2 files in the resource folder and here is a picture just to show you. Like I said though im still getting the default crosshair.

Thanks
    OK MAN
    i think i did you a huge favor ( if it works...)
    so i just made the pak file for you. I didnt test it in game yet but it should work, just put it into your dn folder...

it might have some bad quality on the edges but i blame that on photosohp

virus scan : VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

sorry im only uploadin 1 =___= kinda tried here lol

EDIT: awww fck =___= its not workin... just tested it....
    LEMME CHECK MY OWN CROSSHAIR MOD!!

ok man
    i got no clue why its not working.... sorry try askin sum1 else >__>
    im pretty sleepy right now lol
    Last edited by mochili96; 09-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks
    Sigh I appreciate that and yes it is working and thank you for that. However I still want to know why mine wont work because I have many other mods im wanting to do for myself and to upload here for others. I mean as you can see from my SS everything seems to be correct but it just wont work...

edit: it is actually working for me atleast the target part is but the normal crosshair is the one you made and posted here. Maybe the settings for when I save the dds file isn't correct? I do remember way back in the day I think it was Aion I was changing dds files and I had to save it under a certain format like RGB5A1 or something along those lines. I assume if that was the case you would have said something other than that I have no idea why everything I make wont work.
    Last edited by whoisshaun; 09-06-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks
    holy shit it works? xd
    didnt work for me lmao

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by mochili96 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for, but I created my own crosshair mod with these 2 applications called DragonNest Model Browser and DN mods packer.

The dragonnest model browser is used to view .skn files and extract them. you can also extract any other files but you can only view the .skn files.

You can view .dds files by using GIMP and getting a plug-in for .dds files.

If you want to make your own .pak files download the zip i have below, you put the .dds, .skn, etc files into the folder called resource, then open the DN mods packer application. A pop up will come with random letters and stuff. There will be 2 buttons, click the one on the left. Then another pop up will come up. just press ok. A .pak file should load into the same location as the DN mods packer. That will be the file you move into the dragon nest folder for the mod.

when you download the mods packer, just extract it to your desktop or somewhere you can keep track of it.

BTW you might want to re-name the .pak file so that you can remember which mod it is.

Screenie of contents inside folder :
    [IMG]https://i925.photobucke*****m/albums/ad97/zabrefang96/dasgadfdf.png[/IMG]

Virus scans : DN Mods Packer.rar - Jotti's malware scan

Thank You

Contributor Since 24-11-2011 ~ 26-12-2011
    VM / PM

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Wrong section. Moved to Discussions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    Wrong section. Moved to Discussions
    Ah I apologize I assumed modding would go in the modding section. Perhaps the title was a bit off it started out as another question in my mind and I ended up using a crosshair for an example.

I still can not figure this out. I have however managed to change my hair and both weapons so clearly im not completely retarded and I know what im doing but my crosshair just will not work..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisshaun View Post
    Ah I apologize I assumed modding would go in the modding section. Perhaps the title was a bit off it started out as another question in my mind and I ended up using a crosshair for an example.

I still can not figure this out. I have however managed to change my hair and both weapons so clearly im not completely retarded and I know what im doing but my crosshair just will not work..
    Change the .pak name to Resource00-Something.pak instead of Resource01-Something.pak