Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Walmar*****m: Philips Over-the-Ear Earhook Headphones, SHS3200/37: iPods & MP3 Players

^This is what I always get.

Thanks
    buy em for the looks and style.
    funny thing, i was about to buy my 2nd pair today off my friend...

meh, i have my logitech UEs <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I dont know about you guys but ear buds are fine. I only use them for listening to music o.o Isnt that the sole purpose?
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I dont know about you guys but ear buds are fine. I only use them for listening to music o.o Isnt that the sole purpose?
    Yeah ear buds aren't that bad, my brother has the dre ones and i don't really see much of a difference. Just gotta get those ones that are above average with those soft covering and basically blocks out all the sound, not like those big ass ones from apple.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleuserconten*****m/-2mhYwvrrFYs/TYWT-Bg-6PI/AAAAAAAAARM/khuTJxUqQu0/s320/tumblr_ku2f2t1Y9p1qaqo0wo1_400.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Never used them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ******s
    OP is poor.
    Pretty sure were not poor because my grandpa runs a medicine facility and we own 3 houses.

Pretty sure I'm just smarter than to waste my money on pointless things.

Quote Originally Posted by J miliam
    Would thank this, but I can't.

Frequency does matter a shitload, but you can't necessarily classify them better by their frequency. Frequency is the range of sounds they can output. What makes it so hard when choosing between headphones is their sound, because frequency doesn't make up for the entirety of its quality. As Iverson said.

The reason why so many people hate on Beats is because 1. they're expensive and 2. they can be muddy as fuck. The reason they get muddy is because (from what I've read) they produce a fake bass. Basically an EQ within the headphones.
    Not really. The only reason they sound "good" is because they boost the db sensitivity which pretty much just boosts the bass. Frequency range pretty much is what you hear. The wider the range, the better it sounds. If I would spend $300 on headphones, I would buy something much much better instead of trying to look cool. Most $300 headphones are 5-30, not 20-20.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    but it's dr.dre!

Thanks
    While it is a well established fact in the Audiophile community that Dre headphones are overpriced for their sound quality, and are more of a fashion statement than anything else, I won't rip on people that think they are the best. If you like them, buy them. Half the kids at my school use either Skullcandy in-ears, or the default Apple buds. Tell them they are terrible all you want, but they just want to listen to music. I'll take some high quality IEMs, and a nice pair of AKG K240s, and I'll enjoy my music. But those other people, do whatever makes you happy. Now, if somebody asks me what they should buy for headphones, I will point them in the right direction, but unless they do, my opinion will go unheard.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Brees View Post

Pretty sure were not poor because my grandpa runs a medicine facility and we own 3 houses.

Pretty sure I'm just smarter than to waste my money on pointless things.

Not really. The only reason they sound "good" is because they boost the db sensitivity which pretty much just boosts the bass. Frequency range pretty much is what you hear. The wider the range, the better it sounds. If I would spend $300 on headphones, I would buy something much much better instead of trying to look cool. Most $300 headphones are 5-30, not 20-20.
    Sound quality isn't just about frequency response. While I am certainly not an audiophile myself, and would be talking out of my ass if I said more than that first sentence... There's way more to it than just the frequency.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    While it is a well established fact in the Audiophile community that Dre headphones are overpriced for their sound quality, and are more of a fashion statement than anything else, I won't rip on people that think they are the best. If you like them, buy them. Half the kids at my school use either Skullcandy in-ears, or the default Apple buds. Tell them they are terrible all you want, but they just want to listen to music. I'll take some high quality IEMs, and a nice pair of AKG K240s, and I'll enjoy my music. But those other people, do whatever makes you happy. Now, if somebody asks me what they should buy for headphones, I will point them in the right direction, but unless they do, my opinion will go unheard.
    Well I didn't make this thread to bash on Dre headphones. But after countless threads of "Which headphones should I buy" people always list decent headphones yet the OP always goes with the retard who says "Beats are the best!" I think a point should be proven. That's why I made this. Not because I'm poor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Brees View Post

Well I didn't make this thread to bash on Dre headphones. But after countless threads of "Which headphones should I buy" people always list decent headphones yet the OP always goes with the retard who says "Beats are the best!" I think a point should be proven. That's why I made this. Not because I'm poor.
    Makes a thread calling people who have Beats retards, then say thread isn't a hate thread on Beats. l0l. Proof of what you're saying. BTW, frequency doesn't matter much, I don't know any music that goes below 20hz and anything even near 20khz is literally a mosquito sound. kkkk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post

Sound quality isn't just about frequency response. While I am certainly not an audiophile myself, and would be talking out of my ass if I said more than that first sentence... There's way more to it than just the frequency.
    Well the frequency is the overall quality. Sensitivity is how much bass it can withstand. It's measured by "Db" the higher it is, the more bass you will get. And the max input power is as loud as it can be. The higher, the louder the headphones are. But I'm just talking about the quality. Not any of the other stuff. And just because Beats has a 5Db boost than other headphones, doesn't make it $300.

Yes, any headphones will allow you to listen to music. But that has nothing to do with this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post

Makes a thread calling people who have Beats retards, then say thread isn't a hate thread on Beats. l0l. Proof of what you're saying. BTW, frequency doesn't matter much, I don't know any music that goes below 20hz and anything even near 20khz is literally a mosquito sound. kkkk
    Until you know shit, shut the fuck up. "Quality doesn't mean much" /fp What an ignorant response.

Thanks
    If you ask MPGH what headphones to buy, you are an idiot.
    People looking to buy good headphones should do research, compare your research with Head-Fi, read tons of reviews, evaluate your needs, determine what kind of music you will be listening to, and tons of other stuff.

Simply asking MPGH is like asking your mom what kind of laptop is the best.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    ya man i use those where u can barely hear any outside force, at one point i was jogging and i literally couldn't hear the car on the other side of the street with its car alarm going...plus i get ear infections pretty easily so i don't even put even put them that high...and i still cant even hear my own heartbeat.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast