Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Persuasive essay.

Can anyone explain to me on how to do it on this: Your city council is considering a curfew that would make it illegal for teenagers to be out on the streets after 10 p.m. on weekdays or after midnight on weekends. What is your position on this issue? Write an essay that would convince the city council to agree with you. Be sure to support your position with detailed reasons. I really need help and advice on how to do it using that prompt(Edit:Oh yea its a 5 paragraph essay). Hope this is the right place to post it .
    Last edited by Kprizzy; 10-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Well what is the setup for the essay? Is it supposed to be like a 5 paragraph essay, or what? If it is then in the first paragraph just explain what your position is on the whole topic (include a thesis statement), and mention your main points. In the body paragraphs just elaborate on the main points then in the last sum the whole story up. Reword your thesis statement and all that fun stuff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HW$%yh5eh5ea5heheh5 For This Useful Post:

Kprizzy (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    A good intro, and a good conclusion. Necessary.
    No longer fear the razor guarding my heel.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post
    Well what is the setup for the essay? Is it supposed to be like a 5 paragraph essay, or what? If it is then in the first paragraph just explain what your position is on the whole topic (include a thesis statement), and mention your main points. In the body paragraphs just elaborate on the main points then in the last sum the whole story up. Reword your thesis statement and all that fun stuff.
    Like i dont know how to start it off.

Thanks
    Use this guide.
    The Persuasive Essay Guide

That essay reminds me the one from my ACT.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:

Kprizzy (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by iPewPew View Post
    Like i dont know how to start it off.
    Just a quick example of what the first paragraph could look like (in the against the curfew side):

This curfew that is trying to be passed by the city council is a limit to our rights and pure enjoyment. Many teenagers have extracurricular activities that they need to tend to throughout most of the school week. This curfew might limit their options in the circumstance of a legal parent or guardian not having the ability to pick them up from their current destination. Also, many teenagers would simply ignore the law regardless. In our time there is a somewhat disregard for the law to some extent. This law would do absolutely nothing when it comes to enforcement. Teenagers in their older years (around ages 16-17) could very easily lie and pass off as an 18 year old out and about. The numerous lies that could come into effect are too numerous for there to be a viable reason to implement this law. Finally, life is meant to be enjoyed on all levels, regardless of age. This law would limit the amount of enjoyment and learning teens would get in possibly the most critical point of their lives to learn life lessons. If they do get caught doing something illegal, it would stop them from making worse choices later on in life. One warning is all that is needed to stop certain types of behaviors in people. This law is simply ludicrous on all levels and should not even be considered being implemented.

There is just a little sample of what your first paragraph could be. You can copy that if you want, I honestly don't care. Only took about 10 minutes to write up. All you would have to do now is just expand on the 3 main points (limited extracurriculars, ignoring the law, enjoyment of life limited). Then in the last paragraph just sum the whole paper together. If you do want to copy that paragraph make sure to add more to it. The introduction and conclusion are vastly important to a good paper. Teachers look at that all the time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HW$%yh5eh5ea5heheh5 For This Useful Post:

Kprizzy (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Use this guide.
    The Persuasive Essay Guide

That essay reminds me the one from my ACT.
    Thanks i will use it .

Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post

Just a quick example of what the first paragraph could look like (in the against the curfew side):

This curfew that is trying to be passed by the city council is a limit to our rights and pure enjoyment. Many teenagers have extracurricular activities that they need to tend to throughout most of the school week. This curfew might limit their options in the circumstance of a legal parent or guardian not having the ability to pick them up from their current destination. Also, many teenagers would simply ignore the law regardless. In our time there is a somewhat disregard for the law to some extent. This law would do absolutely nothing when it comes to enforcement. Teenagers in their older years (around ages 16-17) could very easily lie and pass off as an 18 year old out and about. The numerous lies that could come into effect are too numerous for there to be a viable reason to implement this law. Finally, life is meant to be enjoyed on all levels, regardless of age. This law would limit the amount of enjoyment and learning teens would get in possibly the most critical point of their lives to learn life lessons. If they do get caught doing something illegal, it would stop them from making worse choices later on in life. One warning is all that is needed to stop certain types of behaviors in people. This law is simply ludicrous on all levels and should not even be considered being implemented.

There is just a little sample of what your first paragraph could be. You can copy that if you want, I honestly don't care. Only took about 10 minutes to write up. All you would have to do now is just expand on the 3 main points (limited extracurriculars, ignoring the law, enjoyment of life limited). Then in the last paragraph just sum the whole paper together. If you do want to copy that paragraph make sure to add more to it. The introduction and conclusion are vastly important to a good paper. Teachers look at that all the time.
    also thanks again man.
    Last edited by Liz; 10-11-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by iPewPew View Post
    also thanks again man.
    Glad I could help