Thread: Evolution

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Evolution

Does anyone not believe in evolution? If you dont know what it is its a theory Begins like this for humans.
    There is a fish which has a retarded baby with legs then it has a retarded baby so on and so on till a monkey has a retarded baby which is human.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    no i dont .
    Crossfire Minion: 28 October 2010
    Official Middleman: 20 September 2012
    Trusted Member: 15 February 2013
    Official Middleman: 11 April 2013
    Official Middleman: 10 January 2015
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Global Moderator: 25 December 2012
    Head Administrator: 21 March 2013

Thanks
    Evolution = Bullshit. Beings don't evolve, they adapt. This isn't fucking pokemon, but scientists think so.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Bernard (10-26-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Evolution = Bullshit. Beings don't evolve, they adapt. This isn't fucking pokemon, but scientists think so.
    adaption = evolution.

Imagine one cell evolves and makes two, that then makes four, etc within days you have billions. They would be in two seperate places on the planet one might need to adapt to keep alive so would grow a shell and such, one might have nothing to fear so would develop softer skin. One is a turtle and ones a lizard. Completely different animals from the same single cells organisms. Of course this happened over millions and millions of years...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (10-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    monkeys did something amazing...had a huge glow...and we came out
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (10-27-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    You guys do realize the term theory in a scientific sense isn't the same as the word theory you use elsewhere. Theory in a scientific sense doesn't denote a guess or hypothesis.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Evolution is the only cause of adaptation. (As far as we know)

JJG : Vol. 66 (1991) , No. 4 p.367-386

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Retarded response of the week goes to you. Congratulations sir.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdyne View Post
    Evolution is the only cause of adaptation. (As far as we know)

JJG : Vol. 66 (1991) , No. 4 p.367-386
    That's natural selection.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    That's natural selection.

The Neutral Theory and mutations. I posted the wrong research article.
    btw, the article is clearly contradicting Natural selection...so you didn't read it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Retarded response of the week goes to you. Congratulations sir.
    The ability to adapt brings connotation of multi-celled organisms changing it's genetic structure to suit it's environment whereas evolution is the bringing of single-celled organisms into multi-celled organisms has never been completely proven. The closest research study is from the University of Arizona where volvocine green algae was used as a conduct group in an evolutionary based study. The notes from the research conducted there indicated that volvocine green algae was a single-celled fungi organism functioning as a multi-celled organism, but this does not change the fact that each individual cell had the ability to break off and start its own functioning biosphere, whereas if a multi-celled organism where to have a cell break off it would just immediately die. Bringing me to my point of how single-celled organisms would not "evolve" into multi-celled organisms, as it would actually bring them BACK in the evolutionary cycle by making each cell function only in trait with another cell, if those cells are separated the existing alone cell would lack the necessary functions to survive as it requires different kinds and excess amounts of external energy.

That brings us to the conclusion of the falseness in evolution, where it is explained as the adaption of organisms to their environment, but going back to the base group in lab tests it actually denoted the ability of the single-celled organism.

@Wolf I would like you to read this as well and give feedback.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

The ability to adapt brings connotation of multi-celled organisms changing it's genetic structure to suit it's environment whereas evolution is the bringing of single-celled organisms into multi-celled organisms has never been completely proven. The closest research study is from the University of Arizona where volvocine green algae was used as a conduct group in an evolutionary based study. The notes from the research conducted there indicated that volvocine green algae was a single-celled fungi organism functioning as a multi-celled organism, but this does not change the fact that each individual cell had the ability to break off and start its own functioning biosphere, whereas if a multi-celled organism where to have a cell break off it would just immediately die. Bringing me to my point of how single-celled organisms would not "evolve" into multi-celled organisms, as it would actually bring them BACK in the evolutionary cycle by making each cell function only in trait with another cell, if those cells are separated the existing alone cell would lack the necessary functions to survive as it requires different kinds and excess amounts of external energy.

That brings us to the conclusion of the falseness in evolution, where it is explained as the adaption of organisms to their environment, but going back to the base group in lab tests it actually denoted the ability of the single-celled organism.

That's taking into account purely the independability of a single-celled organism compared to a multicellular organism. I'm reading the study now and I'll respond more appropriately later. But the premise you are trying to base your argument off is nonsensical. Adaptation is the basis of evolution. If something adapts into a form that increases not only its survivability within its own biosphere, but its reproductive efficiency, then it is considered an evolutionary step. I think you putting for too much of an emphasis on the scale of these "steps". Evolution isn't purely the premise of a single celled organism jumping to a multicellular organism. Evolution is the process of which a single celled organism gets to a point where it begins to be more beneficial to form into a multicellular organism. In a lab environment a single cellular organism might have total independability however evolution doesn't occur in a lab environment.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

That's taking into account purely the independability of a single-celled organism compared to a multicellular organism. I'm reading the study now and I'll respond more appropriately later. But the premise you are trying to base your argument off is nonsensical. Adaptation is the basis of evolution. If something adapts into a form that increases not only its survivability within its own biosphere, but its reproductive efficiency, then it is considered an evolutionary step. I think you putting for too much of an emphasis on the scale of these "steps". Evolution isn't purely the premise of a single celled organism jumping to a multicellular organism. Evolution is the process of which a single celled organism gets to a point where it begins to be more beneficial to form into a multicellular organism. In a lab environment a single cellular organism might have total independability however evolution doesn't occur in a lab environment.
    Ah, I see where you are coming from now, thank you for the rebuttal. I'm purely trying to indicate in a small scale experiment (Such as the lab experiment) that going back to the basics of how evolution could possibly start is indifferent to what the definition of evolution is. Even though the lab experiment was small scale, it still indicates that the move to become a multi-celled organism would be less efficient than if it were to stay as a single-celled organism. Adaptation wouldn't even be needed, as these organisms have been known to be able to survive in the harshest of climates (the bottom of the Mariana Trench).

It just doesn't make sense on why a single-celled organism would give up it's efficient means of producing it's own energy and asexual reproduction for a fragile organism such as fungi and even human

Thanks

I don't think we can study evolution, it happened on such a small and slow scale to begin with it would take too long to study. But moving away from single cells and such, you cannot deny the evolution of different types of animals such as cats. Some cat evolved to be a killing machine, other evolved to live in the Antarctic wastes while others evolved to live with us as humans.

Thanks
    ^yea evolution is wierd and then thers dinasours how did such a giant beast evolve in to a small bird

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast