Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I'm going to be gone for a long time...

I think this might honestly be time to say goodbye to MPGH for good, unfortunately. I'll do a whole appreciation post to the people who helped me and such and talk about some good memories when I have time, but I came back and then I haven't been on again in like a month because of some things that happened. I'll give you all the short version.

Was contacted by the corps, they needed me for an emergency deployment as I'm one of only 5 Canadian EOD teams that are stationed in Afghanistan, and they needed all 5 of us for a few days for a mass sweep. I lost my close friend during the sweep to an IED, and was busy with funeral arrangements, etc. Afterwards, I was contacted by my commanding officer, I was offered a position in ranger/sniper training as compensation for my work thus far. I'm not sure how familiar any of you are with military ranks and programs, etc., but basically being selected for sniper training is one of the highest commendations you can receive as an infantry-man. I won't go into specifics but a lot of things happened during our sweep, and my friend who passed away received quite a few medals, and I did too for a few specific actions that we took part in. As a result, I was offered the next-step training because I have decided I want to be in the military for a long while now, it's not just a phase. The training will be 7 months long in Quebec, and after that I will basically be at the Canadian Forces fingertips with little time off, so, like I said, I'm going to have to say goodbye.

<3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I'll see ya around man, it was nice having you back