Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

My brother got offered a job (via a TA) by his professor :O

My brothers is taking organic chemistry at UBC and he wrote his mid-term and the entire class bombed it (average 40%) the only person who got a good mark was simon (my brother) at 89% - which is really good considering the university and the course. When his professor saw his mark (his professor is like thee pharmacist of Canada) his professor offered him a job at his lab - well, via a TA.

So yeah, good for him. It sucks for me though because now my mom thinks I'm a useless piece of shit relative to Simon.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 11-20-2011 at 05:21 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    That you are mate, that you are. /kewl

j.k.

or am I?

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    That you are mate, that you are. /kewl

j.k.

or am I?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Your brother sounds great
    Yes we have to keep up with the expectations
    my sister is a straight A ap student and now i have to be

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I don't have any brother.
    Last edited by 4chan; 11-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    My brothers is taking organic chemistry at UBC and he wrote his mid-term and the entire class bombed it (average 40%) the only person who got a good mark was simon (my brother) at 89% - which is really good considering the university and the course. When his professor saw his mark (his professor is like thee pharmacist of Canada) his professor offered him a job at his lab - well, via a TA.

So yeah, good for him. It sucks for me though because now my mom thinks I'm a useless piece of shit relative to Simon.
    Major in Biochemical Engineering like me They can't get pissed at their son that's a chemist.

In all seriousness though you should look for a profession that makes you happy no matter what your parents say. Mine wanted me to be a lawyer. I'm triple majoring in Music Theory, Biochemical Engineering, and Computer Programming. They're not too happy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Major in Biochemical Engineering like me They can't get pissed at their son that's a chemist.

In all seriousness though you should look for a profession that makes you happy no matter what your parents say. Mine wanted me to be a lawyer. I'm triple majoring in Music Theory, Biochemical Engineering, and Computer Programming. They're not too happy
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. I'm going into electrical engineering - and while I know my parents wont praise me like my brother - its what I want to do.

I mean, EEs get to go out into the field to monitor installation of electrical equipment and they engineering electrical devices, I couldn't ask for a better job.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (11-20-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. I'm going into electrical engineering - and while I know my parents wont praise me like my brother - its what I want to do.

I mean, EEs get to go out into the field to monitor installation of electrical equipment and they engineering electrical devices, I couldn't ask for a better job.
    If you enjoy what you will be doing then there is nothing your parents can say that will stop you I like that, always do what you believe you should be doing.