Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

First Impression - Shakugan no Shana Final (III)

Summary of plot of seasons 1 and 2 from wikipedia:

Yuji Sakai, a high school student, expected his very normal life to last forever. However, this expectation is quickly shattered one day while on his way home. The world suddenly freezes in time, leaving Yuji to watch in horror as blue flames engulf the people around him. Soon a monster resembling a large doll appears and begins sucking the flames into its mouth, until it notices Yuji. Surprised with Yuji's insusceptibility to the time-stop (fuzetsu), it jumps with glee. Just as the monster prepares to consume Yuji, a sword-wielding girl in black attire with flaming red eyes and hair appears, swiftly and confidently destroys the monster, before noticing Yuji moving freely. The girl calls herself a "Flame Haze" who hunts the "Denizens of the Crimson Realm" and the "Rinne" they send to do their bidding. When Yuji notices a blue flame in his chest, the Flame Haze tells him that the "real" Yuji died some time ago, and that he is a "Torch", a temporary replacement for erased humans. Torches take on the forms of those erased persons, but after a period of time, they will vanish from existence and the memories of the living. Unfazed by his apparent death, Yuji befriends the strange girl and names her "Shana" after her sword. The reason Yuji was able to move in the fuzetsu is that he is not a normal Torch, but instead a special kind called a "Mystes": he has a treasure inside him, known as a "Hougu", a device possessing special abilities of sorts, and an extremely powerful and valuable one at that. The hougu inside Yuji allows him to remain in existence rather than fading away like other torches. Shana resolves to protect Yuji from the Denizens, who would use the treasure to disrupt the balance of the world, and Yuji decides to join Shana in her fight.
    Shana's fight is actually a long-standing struggle between the Lords and Denizens of Guze. The Denizens steal Power of Existence, the energy that forms the basis of the world, from living people and utilize it for their own selfish ambitions. Some Lords inhabit humans creating Flame Hazes in an attempt to retain balance by hunting renegades from Guze. Flame Hazes create Torches in place of the consumed to save the world from the disruption of many existences being lost at once, allowing the Torches to gradually burn out over the course of time.

Is it just me or was it EXTREMELY disappointing to find out that Yuuji + Shana didn't happen right after the end of season 2 and instead Yuuji disappeared? Yuuji still hasn't heard Shana tell him she loves her despite Shana's many resolutions to do so - that bugs me to no end.

After hearing how Yuuji went to the 'dark side' (long hair lulwut?), I considered to stop watching right there but in the end I decided that I'll finish it out as I loved seasons 1 and 2 (Yes I did like 2, deal with it).

My biggest problem with the whole Yuuji being evil is that now I've got a pretty damn good picture on how the anime will end. It will have Shana killing Yuuji in either the last or second last episode. I almost guarantee it. In my experience, that's the most common ending with a 'Good guy going bad for good intentions subplot' and will result unless some major changes occur in Final.

What are your impressions so far? How do you think it stacks up to seasons 1 and 2?

All in all, I'm still puzzled over how I feel atm. It could go bad, could go good but either way it doesn't look like it'll be as good as seasons 1 or 2.

I'm going to write a full review on the anime once it ends in a few months. The last season is currently on 8/24 episodes.
    Last edited by Shakugan no Shana; 11-27-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh god, its so generic........and......its just so......boring.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

-That was my reaction.
    ---------------------

It is literally textbook generic as can possibly be. Guy finds beautiful girl through horrible incident. Then gains super power. Girl is supposed to fall for guy. Takes forever to happen.

- The animation sucks.
    - The character designs, are horrible generic anime characters.
    - The story, dear god even i could come up with something so bland.
    - Action reeeks of low quality/low budget. Its not even funny how awful the scenes are.

Not hating on you L but man.....that anime sucks.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-27-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Meh, I liked it. We have such different tastes >.<

My opinion
    - Plot was meh
    - Characters are interesting
    - Art was pretty good
    - OP/END songs were awesome
    Last edited by Shakugan no Shana; 11-27-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ i guess agree to disagree. The art was classic low Q, the plot was....incredibly generic, the characters the same, the op/ed are both mediocre, half of the 3rd's opening is faded pictures ffs.

-Try checking casshern sins, redline, bakemonogatari, or kara no kyoukai for some good art.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I agree to disagree on all the above except maybe the plot.

Plot might be a bit generic but it was portraited in a unique way (IMO) and since it held my interests for 48+ episodes, I don't mind.

Oh and a bit off-topic, why do you consider redline good art? It's low quality and the movements are awful :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by L View Post
    I agree to disagree on all the above except maybe the plot.

Plot might be a bit generic but it was portraited in a unique way (IMO) and since it held my interests for 48+ episodes, I don't mind.

Oh and a bit off-topic, why do you consider redline good art? It's low quality and the movements are awful :/
    :/ yah gotta watch more anime lol. You probably haven't seen a bajillion anime just like that.

I'ma guess you haven't seen redline.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Another version of this-
    KuroKami:
    [img]https://www.downloados*****m/ost/big-kurokami-ed-insert-song-album-irodori-no-nai-sekai-ost.jpg[/img]

OR

Hyakka Ryoran: samurai girls
    Last edited by Kuro Tenshi; 11-28-2011 at 01:58 AM.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html

@ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist

neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    https://bakyurayuu.deviantar*****m/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

:/ yah gotta watch more anime lol. You probably haven't seen a bajillion anime just like that.

I'ma guess you haven't seen redline.
    I actually do watch quite a bit of anime but if something fails to grab my attention within first ~5 episodes I quit it.

I did start redline but as I said, I didn't like the art or story

I tried the first anime you suggested T a while back and couldn't stand it. Other one I read the wikia page about a week ago browsing through suggestion threads and it looks meh ...
    Last edited by Shakugan no Shana; 11-28-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    >_<

why do you keep posting bullshit? Your complaining about stuff you haven't even watched, much less remember the name of.

I'm pretty sure you didn't watch redline. Cus you complain about art, when its 1080p HD. You start it, when its only an hour and a half long. ANd then complain about story, when its an action movie.

:/ idk man, if you don't wanna watch good anime its fine though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Kuro Tenshi (11-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    >_<

why do you keep posting bullshit? Your complaining about stuff you haven't even watched, much less remember the name of.

I'm pretty sure you didn't watch redline. Cus you complain about art, when its 1080p HD. You start it, when its only an hour and a half long. ANd then complain about story, when its an action movie.

:/ idk man, if you don't wanna watch good anime its fine though.
    I've seen about 40 minutes of it, thank you very much. There's a reason it got 2/5 stars. Story was terrible. It's about a freaking race filled with awful characters (namely Machinehead).

You're a total hypocrite, you have no respect for anything other people like and insistently defend what you like by insulting other opinions. Then, when someone like me defends what they like, you bitch about it. Not to mention complaining about the threads I make when you make threads about shit no one has seen or cares about? And the ones people have seen (Your weekly shounen crap) is just complaining about them? (Another hypocritical moment)

Grow up and realize people are different. Your opinion isn't the 'right' one.
    Last edited by Shakugan no Shana; 11-29-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I've seen about 40 minutes of it, thank you very much. There's a reason it got 2/5 stars. Story was terrible. It's about a freaking race filled with awful characters (namely Machinehead).

You're a total hypocrite, you have no respect for anything other people like and insistently defend what you like by insulting other opinions. Then, when someone like me defends what they like, you bitch about it. Not to mention complaining about the threads I make when you make threads about shit no one has seen or cares about? And the ones people have seen (Your weekly shounen crap) is just complaining about them? (Another hypocritical moment)

Grow up and realize people are different. Your opinion isn't the 'right' one.
    :/ yeah i noticed that this section has turned from anime discussion to "give me an anime i will reject" threads. Which is sad, but anime circles aren't really great anyway so i guess its normal.

I have no respect for anime that take the path of "for kids". Maybe cus i'm an adult, idk. I just can't get into those kid animes anymore, i can't stand main characters with such a stupid frickin obvlivious and ignorant tone.
    -Yes i hate mostly naruto lol.

--------------------------------

:/ I never said my opinion is right though. Although to be perfectly honest, i'd say certain anime are generic clones spawned out of commercial success of other anime. Your shakugan would deffinitely be one of them lol.

But idc if my opinion is right honestly. Its pretty obvious you'd go out of your way to deny liking an anime someone reccommended. Hell you even denied your favorites on the other thread. If i'm wrong in saying redline has good art, bad action and whatnot, thats fine.

But then again, you didn't even watch the race. The whole point of the movie. I mean its called Redline. the race is the redline race. Its almost half the movie for action, and you judge it on the pre-race? Its like watching the matrix and skipping the matrix part and calling it lame. Or more likely speed racer. I mean the audacity to say ANYTHING critically on an hour and half movie focused on one big event, then not even watch the big event, is astounding.
    ----------------------------------

Oh and i make those shonen-weekly threads out of habit really. ?_? I don't hate any of them cept naruto tho.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-29-2011 at 01:01 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Shakugan no Shana (11-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Let's make peace? I'm really tired of arguing in every single thread.

I'll respect your opinions and you respect mine.

EDIT: I don't really think I mentioned it anywhere but this is Seinen so please stop calling it Shounen Empire.
    Last edited by Shakugan no Shana; 11-29-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The Light Novels are. Google it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The Light Novels are. Google it.
    ?_? So the anime and manga aren't, but your gonna tell me text is. There is no mature themes that i'm aware of.

Gah, its like that guy in the debate section telling me HU is metal lulz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast