Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I give proof.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    I give proof.
    Because you're obviously nothing more than a troll and rat. You own a shitty PC and no car, huaeheuheuaheuaheuheuhahuea

Still waiting for your older vid

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    No SRS i Build my PC and my mom got me a car, i dont even like it but is ok i rather use PC, only iPad

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    What is your computer configuration, Alen? It's seems like it's fairly esteemed?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Well guess i gotta post my specs as well have i ?
    Motherboard : ASUS P8H67-M PRO INTEL H67 SK1155 REV3.0( obvisly i dident buy this to OC my cpu )
    Core: INTEL CORE I5 2500 3.3GHZ (3.7GHZ TURBO) (dident buy for overclock or else i would have bought the K version)
    500 gb HDD (random brand i dunno i just scavenged it off a old pc :|)
    Graphics card :Powercolor radeon HD 6870 (its a pretty good GPU definitly bang for buck, gonna grab another one and Crossfire it)
    Rams :G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz CAS9 1.5v Low Voltage ( i was on a bang for a buck budget at the time being so :| also dident expect to oc anything so no corsair :|)
    PSU : Corsair GS700 watt (dont know if its enough to get a second 6870 on it so alen give me some feedback on this please ;p)
    @Alen
    As he alredy stated he has never got his hands on RAT mouse i gotta say i have my RAT 7 for 2 weeks now and i am quite enjoying it.
    As for the keyboard i got a pretty decent logitech K300.
    In the headphones bussiness i got a AGK T912 wireless which i can surely state have a amazing sound quality ( other people might not like but whatever its good for what i am doing :|)
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Can'tthinkofausername View Post
    What is your computer configuration, Alen? It's seems like it's fairly esteemed?
    My previously fun / work / gaming rig used to be, getting kinda outdated now. Tl;dr version is a X58A-UD9 w/ a 980x and four gtx 480s. Also shitfucktons of extra shit I cbf to list. Reduced down to three / two gtx 480s and moved one to another PC, currently I tend to stick to my P67 build, though it's a wip. A reasonably cheap 2600K, 16GB of decent ram, mid range SSD and a 560 Ti make for a great workstation / occasional gaming PC.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Well guess i gotta post my specs as well have i ?
    Motherboard : ASUS P8H67-M PRO INTEL H67 SK1155 REV3.0( obvisly i dident buy this to OC my cpu )
    Core: INTEL CORE I5 2500 3.3GHZ (3.7GHZ TURBO) (dident buy for overclock or else i would have bought the K version)
    500 gb HDD (random brand i dunno i just scavenged it off a old pc :|)
    Graphics card :Powercolor radeon HD 6870 (its a pretty good GPU definitly bang for buck, gonna grab another one and Crossfire it)
    Rams :G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz CAS9 1.5v Low Voltage ( i was on a bang for a buck budget at the time being so :| also dident expect to oc anything so no corsair :|)
    PSU : Corsair GS700 watt (dont know if its enough to get a second 6870 on it so alen give me some feedback on this please ;p)
    @Alen
    As he alredy stated he has never got his hands on RAT mouse i gotta say i have my RAT 7 for 2 weeks now and i am quite enjoying it.
    As for the keyboard i got a pretty decent logitech K300.
    In the headphones bussiness i got a AGK T912 wireless which i can surely state have a amazing sound quality ( other people might not like but whatever its good for what i am doing :|)
    Looks like a solid budget build based, dunno why you opted for H67 though. I've already expressed my views on the RAT, as far as keyboards go anything that's not high-end might as well be lower-end, gaming keyboards are overrated and I cbf to get into headphones. Head Fi is the place to go, I can't deal with MPGH's view on sound systems.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Looks like a solid budget build based, dunno why you opted for H67 though. I've already expressed my views on the RAT, as far as keyboards go anything that's not high-end might as well be lower-end, gaming keyboards are overrated and I cbf to get into headphones. Head Fi is the place to go, I can't deal with MPGH's view on sound systems.
    Same here it was a buget build/ available hardware on shop build :|
    but can you give me a reference on the me adding the second 6870 with my gs700 psu?
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Soz for not noticing earlier.

Monitor: looks great imo I have used a lot of monitors and this is what I would consider great, not amazing or out of this world.

Keyboard: Agree with you on that one, I don't do any major typing on my gaming computer. I have a laptop ( I like to write my essays and papers @ cafes and relaxing areas) I use a Zowie Gear Celeritas mechanical Keyboard, a friend gave it to me as a present and I liked how it felt when I was typing for long hours, so I just bring it with my laptop whenever I have an assignment to write up (Its low profile also which I like, very basic look to it)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Same here it was a buget build/ available hardware on shop build :|
    but can you give me a reference on the me adding the second 6870 with my gs700 psu?
    Seeing as it can push over 670W over the 12V rail ... shouldn't be an issue, unless you have a seriously fucked up build.

Thanks

Rate my build pls

Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4 (still havn't gotten around to boosting it up to 3.8 like its supposed to)
    Asus P8Z68-V (skimped out on the pro version for lack of any need for just 3 more Sata 6GB/s and saved like $60)
    8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1600Mhz
    AMD HD Radeon 6950 2GB @810Mhz (Twin Frozor )
    Corsair AX850 850w PSU Modular (ffs my cabling should be here very soon, can't wait to spend all day sleeving and pulling my hair out)
    2 F3 Spinpoint 1TB HDD's (Fuck SSD's I've had to deal with one to many HDD failure in my life to risk something dieing after 9 months of use)
    All packed into a Fractal Design Define XL case.

As for peripherals, I have a 21.5" Acer monitor from wally-world, a Deathadder mouse (though I have expressed my opinions about getting a working Xai again many times), a generic Dell keyboard from an OEM computer I bought like 6 years ago, and some $25 Logitec 2.1 Speakers.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Tbh as of late and since I've had it my gaming has been severely limited, but it's just awesome for late night work and being smashed upon

I still have my old G15 but in terms of comfort when typing, Das Keyboard > Logitech's Illuminated > ... > G15. Those keys are so shitty with the shittiest feedback ... god damn.

Also stop stealing my spotlight @Doc, I wanna see him respond to my posts too. You damned sexy beast
    Sorry I can't help it

Quote Originally Posted by bobowardere View Post

To clarify the line "if you somehow manage to find a build like that for under 1k just imagine the prices 3 years back" I am talking about my pieces in specific, all the pieces used to build my computer are still on sale at most of the major online stores (Newegg, Amazon and Tigerdirect) and if you add the prices together it is still extremely difficult to get the final price $1000 or below, and then I added the fact that the prices 3 years ago were more expensive. Also, I bought a SSD based on reliability and long term usage. Intel is the most reliable by far, and SSDs themselves already aren't that reliable as a whole. So therefore I bought a Intel.
    So I managed to add up everything from newegg and it comes to a total of $1,072.91. That's including all peripherals and remember that HDD are around 80-100% more expensive now then a few years ago. And remember that these are all off newegg. If I could be assed I think I could shave off an extra $100 by looking around. This also includes the prices of parts you've included since such as the SSD and the new RAT 7 you are ordering.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Sorry I can't help it

So I managed to add up everything from newegg and it comes to a total of $1,072.91. That's including all peripherals and remember that HDD are around 80-100% more expensive now then a few years ago. And remember that these are all off newegg. If I could be assed I think I could shave off an extra $100 by looking around. This also includes the prices of parts you've included since such as the SSD and the new RAT 7 you are ordering.
    Logitech Headset- 159.00 (On sale 127.00)
    Viewsonic Monitor 22" (Couldn't find a 24") - $179.00 (On sale, 149.00)
    Sidewinder mouse- 59.99
    Alienware keyboard- 79.99

All together no tax or anything would equal around $476 (No sales included, and with a worse monitor), nearly half the budget already. So without adding in the SSD and the new RAT I can't see how you would be able to get that under 1k? Unless somehow you found my Mobo, Graphics Card, PSU, Case, CPU and Ram for around $500, and this isn't including my OS, SSD or RAT lol??

Unless you are including all these crazy sales which make the price 30%-70% less...

EDIT 1: My HDD was 79.99 and now its 139.99 so you can take off $60 from the final price and you still won't get anywhere under 1k.

EDIT 2: the 4870x2 goes for around 150+, currently 199.99, instant savings bring it down to $150 at TigerDirect (All out of stock @ Newegg)
    Last edited by bobowardere; 11-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks
    Everything is still with UPS, but:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3GHz (will be overclocking to at least 4.5)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (for the overclock)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z78 Extreme3 Gen3
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB (should be able to unlock and overclock)
    PSU: Seasonic 700W Gold Rated (fully modular)
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 912

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post

Rate my build pls

Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4 (still havn't gotten around to boosting it up to 3.8 like its supposed to)
    Asus P8Z68-V (skimped out on the pro version for lack of any need for just 3 more Sata 6GB/s and saved like $60)
    8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1600Mhz
    AMD HD Radeon 6950 2GB @810Mhz (Twin Frozor )
    Corsair AX850 850w PSU Modular (ffs my cabling should be here very soon, can't wait to spend all day sleeving and pulling my hair out)
    2 F3 Spinpoint 1TB HDD's (Fuck SSD's I've had to deal with one to many HDD failure in my life to risk something dieing after 9 months of use)
    All packed into a Fractal Design Define XL case.

As for peripherals, I have a 21.5" Acer monitor from wally-world, a Deathadder mouse (though I have expressed my opinions about getting a working Xai again many times), a generic Dell keyboard from an OEM computer I bought like 6 years ago, and some $25 Logitec 2.1 Speakers.
    Decent build you got there, looks pretty solid. The only thing that you might want to improve is your monitor size, but if you are like me it wouldn't be to bothersome. If you are money tight (Like most of us) the best investment I think you should make is getting a decent headset. Out of all the peripherals I think the headset improves gaming (mainly FPS) the most imo.
    Last edited by bobowardere; 11-29-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobowardere View Post

Logitech Headset- 159.00 (On sale 127.00)
    Viewsonic Monitor 22" (Couldn't find a 24") - $179.00 (On sale, 149.00)
    Sidewinder mouse- 59.99
    Alienware keyboard- 79.99

All together no tax or anything would equal around $476 (No sales included, and with a worse monitor), nearly half the budget already. So without adding in the SSD and the new RAT I can't see how you would be able to get that under 1k? Unless somehow you found my Mobo, Graphics Card, PSU, Case, CPU and Ram for around $500, and this isn't including my OS, SSD or RAT lol??

Unless you are including all these crazy sales which make the price 30%-70% less...

EDIT 1: My HDD was 79.99 and now its 139.99 so you can take off $60 from the final price and you still won't get anywhere under 1k.

EDIT 2: the 4870x2 goes for around 150+, currently 199.99, instant savings bring it down to $150 at TigerDirect (All out of stock @ Newegg)
    My bad I've forgotten to add the RAM to cart so add $90. And no Alienware keyboards on newegg so I left that out. Add them all to your cart.

CPU=$125
    MOBO=$115
    RAM=$90
    GPU1=$75
    GPU2=$75
    HDD=$150
    SSD=$140
    Mouse=$85
    Headset=$128
    Monitor=$180

Total=$1163

All from newegg. You can get most parts far cheaper from other places.

You also never included your case or psu.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast