Thread: My dogie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I have 3 dogs. All dachshund. All incredibly intelligent. My oldest one, Marty, is 12. He is slow, but is still in good health. If you are considering putting down you dog all because he's old, you don't deserve to have him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I have 3 dogs. All dachshund. All incredibly intelligent. My oldest one, Marty, is 12. He is slow, but is still in good health. If you are considering putting down you dog all because he's old, you don't deserve to have him.
    Im 15 turning 16 in December....Had him since I was about 3 or 4 years old and he was pup.....How old would he be???/

You have to see him to know what I'm talking about.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by EminemJr View Post

Im 15 turning 16 in December....Had him since I was about 3 or 4 years old and he was pup.....How old would he be???/

You have to see him to know what I'm talking about.
    If he's in pain, that's one thing. But if he looks tired, that's normal for an old dog. As long as he's happy.

Thanks

If he's in pain, that's one thing. But if he looks tired, that's normal for an old dog. As long as he's happy.
    It's sort of a rough call with dogs, they don't show you their pain too often (depending on the dog of course), my old Pitbull showed no signs of being in pain but had trouble getting up, brought him to the vet and they said his two front legs had micro-line fractures, which is like Shin-Splints times a thousand on how painful it is. It's difficult to tell, but if you know your dog, you will be able to see the pain in them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

It's sort of a rough call with dogs, they don't show you their pain too often (depending on the dog of course), my old Pitbull showed no signs of being in pain but had trouble getting up, brought him to the vet and they said his two front legs had micro-line fractures, which is like Shin-Splints times a thousand on how painful it is. It's difficult to tell, but if you know your dog, you will be able to see the pain in them.
    I know how it is. Animals have an amazing tenacity. Humans will whine about a scratch and animals, especially dogs, will brave a lethal wound without showing too much discomfort. You just have to know your dog I guess.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (12-03-2011)

Thanks

I know how it is. Animals have an amazing tenacity. Humans will whine about a scratch and animals, especially dogs, will brave a lethal wound without showing too much discomfort. You just have to know your dog I guess.
    Completely agreed sir, couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Yea, I told my parents to hold off... We wanted him to pass away normally in the back yard rested

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by EminemJr View Post

Yea, I told my parents to hold off... We wanted him to pass away normally in the back yard rested
    I'm not saying the euthanasia is a bad thing. I'm just saying make sure your dog's not in pain. Take him to a vet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    If you're taking him to get euthanized, stay with him when it happens if you can.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234