Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

'Heroes of Newerth is a dying game'. Discuss.

How far do you people agree with this statement? I've been playing HoN just as much as I used too, and every day the amount of people online seems to be the same (though I won't be playing as much for a while because I have a Macbook Pro and the HoN client for Macs is fucking shit). Nonetheless, every day I see posts (in the HoN forums) stating about how HoN is dying slowly and that it doesn't have the potential to become a competitor with other online games (especially LoL). Thoughts on this?
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    HoN was the superior MOBA game when it first came out. Unlike LoL, it was all inclusive. You didn't have to buy heroes in order to use them, and you didn't have to fuck around with micro transactions unless you wanted to buy alt-avatars etc. That's the only drawback of LoL IMO. If you can't enjoy all the heroes, then what is the point? And yes I know you now have to purchase heroes if you have a free HoN account, but before it was F2P it was definitely worth $30. I have become quite unhappy with HoN (played since beta). S2 is an extremely mismanaged company, and has negatively effected HoN ('NOOB THEY MADE IT.' I know.). Between the business choices they have made and how their employees handle themselves it has definitely hurt it. HoN could be the #1 MOBA if it wasn't run by S2. DOTA 2 will probably destroy HoN when it goes retail. I haven't been impressed with the beta, but I'm sure retail will be much better. Ultimately, HoN will die when a polished MOBA run by a professional company hits the market.
    x играть трудно x

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v155/Umbrella123/Dreams/greenblue.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The thing with S2 is that they are clueless about what's good for the game. Releasing OP heroes is definitely not good. I'm not bitching about the way some heroes are Easy Mode and some aren't; I can grab a Devourer and beat the fuck out of ALL of them mid (except Vindicator). The problem is that when S2 releases heroes like Amun-Ra, who can pretty much 1 v 1 at level 3 and you will end up losing because of his absurd heal and passive damage, or Rampage, who can sit in his lane all game farming with his 150 damage at level 2 passive and just hit Q in order to charge at another lane as if he had a haste rune, the game is not so much skill based. Of course, it is never 100% skill based- luck is involved, as well as picking. However, these heroes require such little skill that (and this did happen) a 1100 MMR using Ra won his solo bot lane against a 1600 MMR Flint and a 1500 MMR Arachna. Some of the decisions S2 has made just blow my mind. Another example would be Emerald Warden. If you get ganked by a Soul Stealer that could fake his Hands and hit them at the right time, and attack you in between each one, then I say you got outplayed by a better player. However if you get ganked by an Emerald Warden than gets near enough for his passive to attack you, then shoots his silence at you and then presses E, I would say you couldn't have done much to survive- not because you are worse than the ganker, but because his hero is easier to play. I still have my doubts about Dota2, but hopefully, Blizzard will know how to run a game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I'm in the DOTA 2 beta and I have to say HON simply can't compete with it. LoL is a different type of game that is like a watered down version of a moba... this couldn't come as any sort of a shock, but DOTA 2 is the classic MOBA game, revamped and improved. It does everything HON does but better and prettier.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    @natiko it's Valve not Blizzard. I actually hate the UI in DotA 2. It all seems very clunky and looks like it was made for someone who's never played a MOBA before. It also seems a lot easier to me than HoN.
    x играть трудно x

[IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v155/Umbrella123/Dreams/greenblue.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by xxseekxx View Post
    @natiko it's Valve not Blizzard. I actually hate the UI in DotA 2. It all seems very clunky and looks like it was made for someone who's never played a MOBA before. It also seems a lot easier to me than HoN.
    What's your HoN ID? We should play . I will be publishing a Devourer guide here in the forums this week, and I will finish my HoN: Basics guide. This game deserves a more active section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    While it is true that HoN is slowly but surely dying, players can not be arrogant enough to say that S2 aren't doing anything. they are trying to keep the game alive ( i hear there is a big balance patch coming soon) with new content and incentives to stay and play.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    dota 2 fucking blows..
    never got into it..
    toooooooooooo easy

people afk in pool if games goes bad....
    then its just over

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I really believe dota 2 will wipe out other moba games, hon and LoL are truly dying out, hon is extremely competitive now which may keep some people but new player will just get demolished. LoL won't be able to compete with DOTA 2 I believe, although hon and LoL are now FTP attracting few. DOTA 2 will get very competitive as soon as it is released as LoL and Hon player will transfer over
    Click that thanks button if I have helped
    Click here for my AFK manager https://www.mpgh.net/forum/258-league...k-manager.html works for any game not just LoL