Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Personal Statement.

... is getting written at 3:50 am a day before I hand in my university application. I need ideas, I'm applying to physics, chemistry and mathematics. I welcome any retarded shit you throw at me, who knows what kind of fucked up ideas will get sparked in my psycho powerhouse up here.

Also

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Any limitations?

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic View Post
    Any limitations?
    Well the whole thing should fit into 47 lines or 4000 characters, I'm just looking at anything you guys think is important. I've read enough other guides to know all the cliche stuff I need to throw in to make it cheesy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Well the whole thing should fit into 47 lines or 4000 characters, I'm just looking at anything you guys think is important. I've read enough other guides to know all the cliche stuff I need to throw in to make it cheesy.
    Eh, idk, I'll just throw some random ideas:
    A family tragedy and how you overcame it
    Some teaching/writing that inspires you
    An experience that change your life and/or changed your perspective on life

Overall, just try to sound smart

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Sup, my Name's Alen I think

Wait no, maybe it's Steve

I'm a laidback kinda guy but i'm willing to put in the hard yards when they're needed and even when they aren't. I wanna to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Thanks
    Straight up man, put the MOST traumatic experience you can think your family has ever had, and form it into a reason as to why you want to SPECIFICALLY go to that school. I did it with my real grandfather on my mothers side dying from a drunk drive. He did a lot for modern day medicine (technology wise) so I put how distraught my family was and how much it meant to me to study electronics, and pushed me forward to study electronics personally. It got me accepted fully covered into a private school.

By the way, he died before I was even born. See what I did there? @Alen

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    example of a good personal statement I pulled off a website that you can use as a background:

Code:
    All aspects of chemistry and the every-changing needs of society particularly in the environmental field fascinate me. In particular, I most enjoy experimenting and the challenge of understanding chemisty and it's surrounding issues. In addition, there are many career choices open to me including pharmaceuticals, research, management and the chemical manufacturing industry.

Much thought went into my decision to study chemistry; I first had the idea because it is one of my favourite subjects. Then at a higher education fair, I went to a lecture entitled "Why Chemisty?" which illustrated the good career prospects. I attended general open days for science subjects; I greatly enjoyed visiting chemistry departments, often chatting informally with undergraduates, increasing my thirst for chemistry. I found research opportunities and a good balance between pure and applied science, some of the many attractive feature of chemistry courses. I then referred to The Times web site and Heap Degree Course Offers to confirm suitable institutions. I was finally convinced that chemistry was the subject for me, because of my enjoyment of the subject.

I have recently completed work shadowing at Anglia Water laboratories, Huntingdon, where I learnt how a modern analytical industrial chemistry laboratory functions. I am a regular reader of both the"Chemistry Review" and "Chemistry in Britain".

I am currently the only member of both staff and student groups at our school, as I work as a laboratory technician repairing and constructing laboratory apparatus as required by heads of subject. My work mainly involved physics; the improvisational scientific techniques that I have learny have improved my general experimental ability.

I am an active venture scout sitting on my unit executive committee as secretary, which involveds the planning of the program, fund-raising and organising events. I currently hold my Bronze Duke of Edinburgh's award, and I am working towards my Silver Duke of Edinburgh's award and my Queen Scout Award.

I enjoy helping with amateur dramatics assisting by setting up and running special effects, lighting and sound. I am often responsible for the organisational process, which is very time consuming buy satisfying, thus I have done this for a total of sixteen operas, plays, musicals, and pantomimes with five different organisations. I also helped take the school opera on tour to the Czech Republic as the only member of the lighting and sound crew.

I have twice been on a German exchange staying with a German family for one week each time, a cultural experience that I will not forget.

Each year I go skiing with this school, this year I intend to go to Austria. I also enjoy church bell ringing, ringing at both weekly practices and Sunday services, I have also been lucky enough to ring for four weddings.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Where are you submitting this statement too?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Where are you submitting this statement too?
    UCAS, I think.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To learn here is my real test
    To Pass this is my cause

I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each problem to understand
    The power that's inside

My Future its you and me
    I know it?s my destiny
    UCAS oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must understand

Alen has a heart so true
    My determination will pull me through

You teach me and I'll teach you
    In a few years

Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will battle every day
    To claim my rightful place

Seems legit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thank you guys for input, sadly my school is the educational equivalent of an asylum for downies and I have to wait till my friends get home before I find out our school's fucking code for my application. Anyone else is welcome to suggest more traumatic stuff, theme songs and other such stuff.