Thanks

Removing model checks?

I have read that is possible to remove the client side checks to see if the models of the game have been edited, but I have no idea how. My guess is that would require disassembling/decompiling the client EXE, something I'm not presently capable of.
    I basically am trying to use custom KV6s for the players that stick a big 'ol arrow on top of them, because why not.

They can be found, for the curious, here and here.

Interestingly, I have also made an edit that sticks the word "DEAD" on top of corpses for ease, and this does actually work.

(this can also be found right here)
    My guess for the reason this works, either A. The wording is low enough that the game doesn't care, or B. The game doesn't care if you edit the "playerdead" file and has no reason to complain.

Would anyone be willing to help me get the first two in-game functionally? It'd really just be for amusement, since Hooch has already got a DLL to show enemies on your minimap (if you for some reason didn't see that :B). Admittedly, this would be sort of helpful in determining the vertical position of an enemy. Which would be nice.
    Last edited by .::Taboo::.; 01-29-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: removed accidental attachment :B