Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Alalexander View Post
    The football has anything to do with jihaad, that's interesting !
    Maybe you should learn how to read all posts and see why what I replied to had relevance in my own post.

Thanks
    No, I see, You are so inteligent !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    So much hypocrisy. In the Middle Ages, the Pope called on all the Christian Kings to take back Jerusalem from the Muslims. In the Siege of Jerusalem and Acre, when the Christian Armies won, Muslim women, men, and children were butchered. When the Conquistadors conquered the Peruvians and Mayans and Aztecs and other Native American tribes, those who did not convert were killed or sold into slavery. One might say Christianity is a violent religion for their campaigns of mass genocide against non-Christians.

That is not true. Christianity adapted to the changing world. The Christian World essentially created "human rights" as we know it. Islam can adapt too. Take Egypt, Turkey, and Syria for example. Although, the Middle East is far from perfect, a lot of countries are trying to be more secular. Pakistan, for example, is Islamic, but has secular laws. Turkey is secular too. Even Egypt and Syria are secular.

However, the Middle East has had its sovereignty continuously undermined. Before the protests and Arab Spring, the so called "despots" actually unified their country and had religious tolerance and to some degree equal rights (Far from perfect). Christians, Jews, and Muslims coexisted in peace. However, once the protests started, their countries are falling apart. In Egypt and Tunisia and Libya, the Islamic Brotherhood are gaining power. They want to return their respective countries back to Sharia Law. This happened in Iran in 1979 when the Shah was overthrown. This will happen again now.

If the Middle East can be left alone to fix their own problems, then Islam and Muslims can coexist with the rest of the world.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    So much hypocrisy. In the Middle Ages, the Pope called on all the Christian Kings to take back Jerusalem from the Muslims. In the Siege of Jerusalem and Acre, when the Christian Armies won, Muslim women, men, and children were butchered. When the Conquistadors conquered the Peruvians and Mayans and Aztecs and other Native American tribes, those who did not convert were killed or sold into slavery. One might say Christianity is a violent religion for their campaigns of mass genocide against non-Christians.

That is not true. Christianity adapted to the changing world. The Christian World essentially created "human rights" as we know it. Islam can adapt too. Take Egypt, Turkey, and Syria for example. Although, the Middle East is far from perfect, a lot of countries are trying to be more secular. Pakistan, for example, is Islamic, but has secular laws. Turkey is secular too. Even Egypt and Syria are secular.

However, the Middle East has had its sovereignty continuously undermined. Before the protests and Arab Spring, the so called "despots" actually unified their country and had religious tolerance and to some degree equal rights (Far from perfect). Christians, Jews, and Muslims coexisted in peace. However, once the protests started, their countries are falling apart. In Egypt and Tunisia and Libya, the Islamic Brotherhood are gaining power. They want to return their respective countries back to Sharia Law. This happened in Iran in 1979 when the Shah was overthrown. This will happen again now.

If the Middle East can be left alone to fix their own problems, then Islam and Muslims can coexist with the rest of the world.

You see the difference in "christianity" and "a group of christians"?

Its not like jesus himself condoned these acts or started them. Unlike muhammed who agreed with acts of war and violence and pretty much set up rules for anti-peace.

It goes without saying that what "christians" or "muslims" do is not the issue at hand, its the base of the religion which is the subject. Stereotypically christians have done "more" for the world than muslims but saying that can also be applied to certain races or such in certain periods of time.
    Last edited by Empire; 02-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

You see the difference in "christianity" and "a group of christians"?

Its not like jesus himself condoned these acts or started them. Unlike muhammed who agreed with acts of war and violence and pretty much set up rules for anti-peace.

It goes without saying that what "christians" or "muslims" do is not the issue at hand, its the base of the religion which is the subject. Stereotypically christians have done "more" for the world than muslims but saying that can also be applied to certain races or such in certain periods of time.
    The Bible allows slavery, yet slavery is outlawed today. If Christianity can change/adapt, then why can't Islam?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    The Bible allows slavery, yet slavery is outlawed today. If Christianity can change/adapt, then why can't Islam?
    Because doing that is saying Islam is wrong and God is wrong. Islam can never be changed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Because doing that is saying Islam is wrong and God is wrong. Islam can never be changed.
    forever intolerant.

Thanks

forever intolerant.
    Forever intolerant of muslims beliefs.
    also watch this video

It shows a US soldier telling everyone how their COMMANDER congratulated anyone who got a kill in Iraq even if they were innocent. And he gave a 4 day break to anyone who killed an Iraqi by stabbing him to death. It also shows how US soldiers fired and destroyed a mosque even though there was no fire coming out of the mosque. And you really think the terrorism that "al qaeda" does isnt the same as US army does in the middle east?
    Last edited by robinvanpersie; 04-18-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Funny i don't remember christians killing non-muslims because of their beliefs........

huh but i do remember muslims killing others based on theirs. What a twist!

Thanks
    Funny i don't remember christians killing non-muslims because of their beliefs........

huh but i do remember muslims killing others based on theirs. What a twist!
    See always ignoring my posts. I dont consider people who kill other innocent people muslims. But that video showed that terrorists and the US army are the same and USA went into Iraq to cause mayhem. USA kills innocent people, terrorists also kill innocent people. The US soldier admitted himself he was ordered, it wasnt just a few his whole group were ordered to kill people, he was ashamed to be a US soldier and threw away his medals, what does that tell you? Maybe that is the reason why Iraqis are attacking US soldiers?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Crusades, Inquisition, IRA, NLFT, KKK, Anders Behring Breivik, Iron Guard and Lăncieri, LRA, EDL <(Killing by stupidity)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    See always ignoring my posts. I dont consider people who kill other innocent people muslims. But that video showed that terrorists and the US army are the same and USA went into Iraq to cause mayhem. USA kills innocent people, terrorists also kill innocent people. The US soldier admitted himself he was ordered, it wasnt just a few his whole group were ordered to kill people, he was ashamed to be a US soldier and threw away his medals, what does that tell you? Maybe that is the reason why Iraqis are attacking US soldiers?
    Yeah......you see we aren't talking about an army here, we aren't talking about america either. So i actually do get to ignore you because you are just posting spam.*(grats).

Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    Crusades, Inquisition, IRA, NLFT, KKK, Anders Behring Breivik, Iron Guard and Lăncieri, LRA, EDL <(Killing by stupidity)
    *Nope, * ,yeah and?

:/ Funny i can't find anywhere in the new testament on this. But the quran i can.

Odd how the topic becomes derailed because you got nothing for an argument

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Whoo, that video was funny (except for the fact 150,000 people died in the inquisition)
    I don't want to derail any topic any further, but as for violence in the Quran...
    According to Europol, 99.6% of Muslims are normal people. 0.6% are not (radical, extreme, etc.)
    So if the Quran and Islam were violent texts/ideologies, why are the ratio of good to bad Muslims so disportionate?
    If things are represented by the majority, I would say Islam is not violent and neither is the Quran.

I'll leave you with that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    Whoo, that video was funny (except for the fact 150,000 people died in the inquisition)
    I don't want to derail any topic any further, but as for violence in the Quran...
    According to Europol, 99.6% of Muslims are normal people. 0.6% are not (radical, extreme, etc.)
    So if the Quran and Islam were violent texts/ideologies, why are the ratio of good to bad Muslims so disportionate?
    If things are represented by the majority, I would say Islam is not violent and neither is the Quran.

I'll leave you with that
    :/ you really need to take a class on statistics.

For instance what if i asked you:

What constitutes a normal person?

Because your answer, is not the answer reflected in the poll. Nor is the poll going to actually have any realistic output thanks to its "are you normal" question.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

:/ you really need to take a class on statistics.

For instance what if i asked you:

What constitutes a normal person?

Because your answer, is not the answer reflected in the poll. Nor is the poll going to actually have any realistic output thanks to its "are you normal" question.
    Bottom line, 99.6% of Muslims are following what the standard rules of society are, which means not bombing other people you don't like, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast