Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Questions and answers

Let's do a little thought experiment, think of it as polling the Internet hive-mind if you will. We ask and answer questions in this thread and see what we can conclude after a few weeks of debate and thought. It's nothing special really, it's just a way of seeing which way the winds blow and the bits flow.

So here's the first question:

Two of the bigger problems in this world are the integrity of politicians (or lack thereof) and the various corrupting elements in society, do you agree?

Feedback is appreciated but don't get too emotional over what you read and post. It'd be a shame if this thread disintegrated into flames, since there are already so many of those these days...

I'm SCHiM

Morals derive from the instinct to survive. Moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level.

Polymorphic engine
    Interprocess callback class
    SIN
    Infinite-precision arithmetic
    Hooking dynamic linkage
    (sloppy)Kernel mode Disassembler!!!

Semi debugger

Thanks
    Yeah, we have corrupt officials who are only trying to help themselves. Plus, they think they're helping us by doing some stuff while they're just ruining the world even more.

Also, 99% chance this thread will turn into flames. Just sayin. :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Yeah, youre right.

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    If you think about this for a moment, what do you think is the most corrupting element that those in power come into contact with? Is it money? Which is an abstract representation of power. Perhaps it's power itself? Or is it status? Maybe it's the longing to material wealth? Or is it something else entirely? What do you think?

I stick with the old phrase that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and that you are very unlikely to find someone who is 100% integer and trustworthy.

I'm SCHiM

Morals derive from the instinct to survive. Moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level.

Polymorphic engine
    Interprocess callback class
    SIN
    Infinite-precision arithmetic
    Hooking dynamic linkage
    (sloppy)Kernel mode Disassembler!!!

Semi debugger

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by .::SCHiM::. View Post
    If you think about this for a moment, what do you think is the most corrupting element that those in power come into contact with? Is it money? Which is an abstract representation of power. Perhaps it's power itself? Or is it status? Maybe it's the longing to material wealth? Or is it something else entirely? What do you think?

I stick with the old phrase that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and that you are very unlikely to find someone who is 100% integer and trustworthy.
    I think that its multiple things, but mostly that they have other peoples lives in their hands.

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I feel it is a mix of greed and the love of having power. People will always just want more and more. It is sick, but that is the truth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

It is power. I also believe elitists dabble in the occult and that certain world affairs are staged to usher in some prophecy based on their ideology.
    Some people might think that is crazy, but it makes sense when you think about it.
    You get filthy rich, do pretty much everything you can think of that is interesting on earth,
    then what? Maybe start looking beyond what you can physically see.
    I'm convinced about the occult thing for a few reasons. Symbology is one reason.
    America is strewn with odd symbols, and when you research enough of them you start realizing how they connect with each other.
    Pretty whacked out stuff..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I think this saying/quote from the Dalai Lama says it all
    " The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said:

“Man.
    Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    [i]you are very unlikely to find someone who is 100% integer and trustworthy.
    Ron Paul is %100 honest/trustworthy.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Too bad the majority of the population are 100% stupid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    While his trustworthiness could be rated extremely high, I doubt anyone can be said to be truly "100%" honest.

That said, pretty much every single official in the history of mankind will be "corrupted" in some way and act in his interests. It is simply folly to think otherwise.

It is our duty as citizens to keep this level of corruption as low as possible / let their interests correlate ours.

Hence the support for populist politicians that appear straightforward, and the contrasting condemnation of politicians seen as being too close to the system and calculating ("This guy is part of the establishment, screw him!"). The problems arise when we err in this process and elect really, really bad leaders (i.e. Bush, Peanut Farmer Carter, etc).

For some reason, Republicans seem to have an affinity towards plain people instead of the ones that seem intellectual. Just look at the rising support for Santorum vs Ron Paul/Romney. The past crazes for Cain, Perry, Bachmann, and Palin. Imagine the state of our foreign affairs if any of them got elected.
    [IMG]https://i564.photobucke*****m/albums/ss89/JRendell21/Graphics/Flow-Signature.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Too much power inevitably leads to the abuse of it. As Churchill used to say, you can't give a crocodile pieces of meat and expect him not to eat your hand when the pieces of meat are over.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Too much power inevitably leads to the abuse of it. As Churchill used to say, you can't give a crocodile pieces of meat and expect him not to eat your hand when the pieces of meat are over.
    And that is why we have checks and balances although it fails sometimes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Two of the bigger problems in this world are the integrity of politicians (or lack thereof) and the various corrupting elements in society, do you agree?
    How about war, poverty, and hunger?

Hell what about humanity in general?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets focus on politics *rolls eyes* because thats not a topic everyone is tired of arguing about.

Politicians suck anyway because of the grading scale. You have 1 person and a milllion other people to grade that one person. Even if he DID do a good job, you won't admit it till later and odds are that half the people don't like him. As for corruption, thats life, get over it.
    Last edited by Empire; 02-22-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

As far as corruption, thats life, get over it.
    That's exactly what is wrong with this Country.
    Too many people have that attitude. "Oh well..that's life, I'll just worry about myself la la la"
    Meanwhile Bills get passed in subterfuge, we lose more rights, and then bitch about it when it's too late.
    Fatten you up, dumb you down and off to the pigpen with you. It's sad really.

Here's a little quote from Thomas Jefferson, he was creepily intelligent.

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Sadly, that's exactly what happened in 1903.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast