Thread: 300zx or 240z?

Thanks

300zx or 240z?

I'm in the market for a new car at the moment. I am deciding between a 300zx or a 240z. Both are sexy, sleek, and amazing, and the two options I'm looking at are properly modded. Opinions? I can't make up my mind.

300zx:

Mods:
    -VG30DETT-
    Custom X pipe + dual quads exhaust 2.5 full
    2.5" Split Downpipes & Testpipes
    Greddy Intercoolers
    740cc Injectors
    JDM High flow fuel filter
    NGK Iridium Plugs
    ARC BOV's w/ ARC Cast Hardpipes
    Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley
    1 Pc. Lightweight Driveshaft
    JWT Light Weight Flywheel
    JWT Street/Sport Clutch (500hp/500ft/lbs. torque Capable)
    NISMO Input Shaft Bearing
    Z1 Short Throw Shifter
    Koyo Radiator w/ NISMO Radiator Cap
    NISMO Oil Cooler
    Bernie's Water Pump Overdrive Pulley
    T-Fal Electric Fan w/ Adjustable Thermostat
    MegaZ Cooling Panel
    NISMO Transmission Mount

Boost:
    3 Different Settings
    Off: 10 psi
    A: 14 psi
    B: 19 psi

Suspension:
    Energy Suspension Subframe Mounts
    Energy Suspension Differential Mounts
    Tokico Illumina 5-way Adjustable Shocks
    Tein Solid Pillowball Mounts
    EIBACH springs .8" drop
    Stillen Sway Bars
    Powertrix Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms
    Powertrix Adjustable Tension Rods
    Stillen Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms
    Powertrix Rear Under Ladder BarEnergy
    Suspension Bushings Throughout
    HICAS System Eliminated (from PS Pump, not the cheap block off kit)

ECU/Tuning upgrades:
    JWT 740cc ECU
    APEXI AVC-R (Boost Controller)
    Settings:
    Off: 10 psi
    A: 14 psi
    B: 19 psi

Physical Design:
    Custom dark Charcoal Gray paintjob
    Custom lambo doors
    99' JSPEC Front Fascia (shaved)
    New OEM Third Brake Light
    99' JSPEC Red Stitched Shift Knob and Boot
    shaved (antena and rear wiper)
    350Z Seats Mounted w/ Custom Black
    Leather Seats w/ Red Stitching
    Stillen Rear Valance
    Wings West Rear Spoiler
    17" wheels
    Hankook tires in rear and michelins in front
    NISMO Steering Wheel
    Powertrix Dash Kit
    CZP Polished Aluminum Gauge Rings
    Re-upholstered Interior in Black
    LED Lighted Dash

Sound System:
    Sony Head Unit
    Knukonceptz Wire (1/0 Gauge & 4 Gauge)
    RAAMat & Ensolite Sound Deadening
    Custom Box with 12" sub

240z:

Quote Originally Posted by Email I got
    The Engine:

The engine is has no internal or turbo modifications. It has a manual boost controller set to 11psi that hasn't been touched since being tuned to 290whp/240wtq at RT tuning in lansdale PA. This was done at 11psi on stock MAF and injectors with an Apexi Power FC. The intake manifold is an authentic, real Greddy manifold (not the cheap Freddy's you can find on eBay that lean out cyl 6). It connects to an infinity q45 Throttle body which is painted black to match the intercooler piping. The intercooler is a thick 24x12x4 cx racing core with short endtanks.The blow off valve is a real Greddy Type-s (although i have a Type-Rs laying around if you prefer that more). The car also has yellowjacket coil packs, which allow for solid consistent spark throughout the RPM band. The rev limiter is set at 7200.

The shorty downpipe off the turbo is stock, connecting to a straight pipe that ends in an authentic HKS 3" in 5" outlet CarbonTi Muffler.

Electrically-- the engine is outfitted with an Optima Red Top Battery, and a 125amp Nissan Quest alternator (up from the 70amp stock RB unit). The engine is cooled by a FAL 225 fan, and a custom fit aluminum radiator. Heat is a custom unit wired to a 3 setting switch on the dashboard and is extremely cozy in these winter months.

s2 Rb25det, Tuned by Vince @ R/T Tuning- 293whp/ 240wtq
    Stock Turbo, 11psi
    Greddy intake manifold, Polished
    CX Racing FMIC 24x12x4
    Real Greddy Type-S BO
    Infiniti q45 throttle body
    Yellow Jacket Coils
    HKS CarbonTi Exhaust
    200zr RB20DET oil pan 11110-20P00 oil pan (discontinued OEM oil pan for the RB25det in a datsun)
    Fal Black widow Fan 220 Fans (Amazing)
    Nissan Quest Alternator(Stops classic RB Squeal)
    Optima Red Top Battery
    Painless Wiring Harness w/ custom distribution blocks
    External Bosch Fuel pump

Transmission and Drivetrain

The transmission the is in the car now is an RB20 out of an R32 skyline. It has an ACT clutch, Xtreme Pressure plate and a brand new flywheel. The whole setup probably has 500 miles on it. No launches, burnouts or hard dumps. Handles the power just fine, and is 100% daily drivable. No grinds, leaks, issues. It connects to an aluminum driveshaft, fitted to an R200 non LSD differential from a 280zx.

Wheels and Tires:

The Wheels are Work Equip 03's. The rears are 15x10.5 -6 and require .25" spacers to fit them perfectly flush with the outside of the car. The fronts are 15x8 -25. The Tires are Falken ziex 512s 225/50/15 in the rear and 195/55/15 in the front

Interior

The interior is the only unfinished part of the car. It has a full Raam Audio sound deadening kit with 2 layers of sound deadening. The carpet is a brand new 5 piece set in black. The seats are replica Bride LowMax seats in red, with 5 point Stroud Harnesses connecting to an Autopower cage. The dash board is a custom unit fitted with a set of Autometer Pro-Comp Guages. The Tach is fully function and accurate with the adapter clip reading off the main ignition coil. The steering wheel is a personal 320mm, black with red stitching. The heat can get downright HOTTT, which is perfect for winter cruising. No power steering but the car only weights 2300lbs so its not hard at all to turn.''

5 gallon Fuel cell
    Replica Red Bride Low Max Seats
    Real Stroud Harnesses
    Custom Dashboard, Alcantara Wrapped
    Autometer Pro Comp Tachometer
    Autometer Pro Comp Water Temp
    Autometer Pro Comp Oil Pressure
    Autometer Pro Comp Volts
    Autometer Pro Comp Boost
    Autometer Pro Comp Pyrometer
    Autometer Pro Comp Oil temperature (not hooked up)
    Custom Heater
    Greddy counterweight shift knob
    Personal 320mm Wheel, Alcantara to match the dash

Exterior

The outside is clearly the most unique thing about the car. All metal widebody conversion with fresh white paint. Opal taillights, Carbon Fiber Porsche turbo badge, custom hood-- it is clearly one of a kind. The wipers, gas door, and rain rails were also shaved to make the car have a really smooth look.

All metal Widebody Kit
    Opal GT taillight conversion
    Custom Hood Scoop
    Turbo Vent
    Sparco Pins
    Molded Spoiler
    Wiper Delete
    This is everything I got on the 240z, luckily this information was all in full rather than pieced out like the information the owner of the 300z gave me.

If you don't know shit about cars and are going by looks I'm just going to ignore your posts Both cars are sexy as fucking hell. And don't ask for the price of each, I'll just say they're both below 8k USD and both have 76k miles or less.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Fairlady or gtfo.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    You're really going to throw your money and buy an already built car, do you have no interest in building it yourself?
    The main problem with buying a car that's already built and modified by those calibres is that if one thing fucks up; what are you going to refer to?
    There's no manual for your specific car; you don't know how many things they've done to it.
    When most people sale their car, it's because either 1) they're moving, 2) need the money, 3) there's something wrong with it.
    When one buys one of these and encounter a problem; hell the seller is not going to help you; nor did the guy who sold me mine when I figured out problems but lucky everything was stock other than the paintjob and rims.

Are you sure this "240z" isn't the same as this 260?
    https:// forums.nicoclub.com/fs-nj-1974-datsun-260z-rb25det-works-300whp-t543966.html

I don't need to go through the list of modifications to tell you what's what; I see the 240z has a skyline motor in it; and the z32 has its stock engine.
    If I had the money i'd throw it to the 240z, the 300z's were known to be the shittiest Fairlady Z generation; and it's more difficult to tune them over the 240z.

If I were you though; i'd rather throw maybe $2000-$4000 toward a stock 240/260/280z or even just an S13 or S14 and build it up from there because you have the pride of working on your own car and you know the insides and outs; when there's a little problem you can end up fixing that because you already know how to isolate that situation and what not.

Do more research than just looking for flashy mod lists.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    Fairlady or gtfo.
    Really specific lol

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Wait... they're both below $8k? With all those mods; I mean hell where I live, that's more than a steal... then again if one thing fucks up; the cars will fall apart in a matter of months

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    You're really going to throw your money and buy an already built car, do you have no interest in building it yourself?
    The main problem with buying a car that's already built and modified by those calibres is that if one thing fucks up; what are you going to refer to?
    There's no manual for your specific car; you don't know how many things they've done to it.
    When most people sale their car, it's because either 1) they're moving, 2) need the money, 3) there's something wrong with it.
    When one buys one of these and encounter a problem; hell the seller is not going to help you; nor did the guy who sold me mine when I figured out problems but lucky everything was stock other than the paintjob and rims.

Are you sure this "240z" isn't the same as this 260?
    https:// forums.nicoclub.com/fs-nj-1974-datsun-260z-rb25det-works-300whp-t543966.html

I don't need to go through the list of modifications to tell you what's what; I see the 240z has a skyline motor in it; and the z32 has its stock engine.
    If I had the money i'd throw it to the 240z, the 300z's were known to be the shittiest Fairlady Z generation; and it's more difficult to tune them over the 240z.

If I were you though; i'd rather throw maybe $2000-$4000 toward a stock 240/260/280z or even just an S13 or S14 and build it up from there because you have the pride of working on your own car and you know the insides and outs; when there's a little problem you can end up fixing that because you already know how to isolate that situation and what not.

Do more research than just looking for flashy mod lists.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Really specific lol

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Wait... they're both below $8k? With all those mods; I mean hell where I live, that's more than a steal... then again if one thing fucks up; the cars will fall apart in a matter of months
    sup sup

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Automatically should start wondering why they're selling built cars for under 8 grand.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    I dont really like foreign cars so I cant help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    2008 Dodge Charger R/T

already posted pics a while back, can't be assed.
    This guy knows what's up.
    Last edited by AVGN; 02-22-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Bike pls.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    ^ Exactly bike for the win .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    typical boy racer car that youre going to get impounded on the first day?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi:5789569
    typical boy racer car that youre going to get impounded on the first day?
    And what do you drive? Your ripstick? How cute. If you have nothing helpful. Sdfu. Simple

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Dodge Viper SRT-10 built nicely or gtfo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

And what do you drive? Your ripstick? How cute. If you have nothing helpful. Sdfu. Simple
    speaking of which, i need to sell my ripstick

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    looks good