Thanks

Using OllyDbg To Bypass Anti-Cheat For Soldier Of Fortune II - Fairplay.

Hi guys this is my first post and was wondering if anyone could help me..

Im a rookie with ollydbg / debbuging and i wanted to try bypass a new anti cheat for SoF2 (Soldier Of Fortune)

The anticheat is called Fairplay Link - Fairplay Anticheat Software

In this anti cheat you can view screenshots and also take screenshots. It also checks .PK3 files in the sof2 dir and changes the name to name.pk3.zzz if its invalid. (Basically the Fairplay anticheat has a list of allowed PK3's that can be used.)

Also the fairplay anticheat has stoped certain cvars being used in the Game Console. For example there have removed pmove_fixed and hash r_fullbright ect and much more.

I have already breached this anticheat already useing Cheat Engine and changing values, But since then its been patched and now they can tell if your memory editing and the game closes down whilst running fairplay.

So i now im trying to debugg fairplay and NOP the calls. I've opened fairplay in OllyDbg and search for the command "bp CreateFileW" and its the check for the .pk3s, But everytime im NOPing the calls its crashes the game so dunno if im doing it correctly. I belive the calls are coming from KERNEL32.DLL and it's checking files.

Basically... i just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who is smarter than me, (probs aint hard) to give me a hand on bypass this cheat.

Will be greatfull for anyone who can reply or help.

Thanks again.

Lee.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    You can hook the function that checks if the file is invaild, and make it always return as a valid file.
    No I do not make game hacks anymore, please stop asking.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flameswor10 View Post
    You can hook the function that checks if the file is invaild, and make it always return as a valid file.

Lol, if i knew how to do that then i would :P... I would happily pay someone for there time if they can show me what needs to be done. I think im half way there.