Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

What's Witcher 2,Total War Shogun 2, M/B:Warband.
    Total War: Shogun 2 is the direct sequel to Total War: Shogun. It is a strategy/war game.

Basically you move your Daimyo (leader) and your other generals around the map. Each general has its own army assigned to it, from which you build at each of your castles and fortresses.

The map is obviously of Japan and it is divided into different regions, each controlled by different factions.

Depending on the mode you play, the idea is to take control of each of the factions by eliminating your competition, and killing the enemy Daimyo.

To start a battle you move onto an occupied enemy region and they will either decide to run or fight. If the territory is unoccupied then you take control of it without a fight, although they may return...

I haven't played the second one as of yet but I was, and still am a massive fan of the original. It was the first and by far the best in the Total War series, apart from Shogun 2, apparently.

I recommend that you grab a copy or download it and give it a go for yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Bennington View Post

Total War: Shogun 2 is the direct sequel to Total War: Shogun. It is a strategy/war game.

Basically you move your Daimyo (leader) and your other generals around the map. Each general has its own army assigned to it, from which you build at each of your castles and fortresses.

The map is obviously of Japan and it is divided into different regions, each controlled by different factions.

Depending on the mode you play, the idea is to take control of each of the factions by eliminating your competition, and killing the enemy Daimyo.

To start a battle you move onto an occupied enemy region and they will either decide to run or fight. If the territory is unoccupied then you take control of it without a fight, although they may return...

I haven't played the second one as of yet but I was, and still am a massive fan of the original. It was the first and by far the best in the Total War series, apart from Shogun 2, apparently.

I recommend that you grab a copy or download it and give it a go for yourself.
    Is it a CIV style game?

The power of the imagination makes us infinite.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    try playing through Skyrim unarmed
    Best place to get FREE TWITTER FOLLOWERS! https://spreadytweets.com/?ref=5904

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is it a CIV style game?
    It doesn't play the same as Civ, there's no massive technology developments in society. Most of the upgrades are better buildings, new agents, new troops, etc.

Really interesting once you get the hang of it, but you want to make friends early on with diplomacy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    It doesn't play the same as Civ, there's no massive technology developments in society. Most of the upgrades are better buildings, new agents, new troops, etc.

Really interesting once you get the hang of it, you want to make friends early on with diplomacy.
    I love CIV in the beginning. Get's so boring towards the end. CIV V was shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I've only ever played the first CIV IV as far as I can remember. I've always been more of a fan of AoE opposed to CIV.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

If you're into giant battles and engrossing strategy, try Shogun 2:

Also, if you want one of the best Civ games, play Alpha Centauri. Imagine Civ in space, and add a little more depth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Skyrim got boring.
    But I guess I'll look for Saints Row 3 on Craigslist since I've heard it's so fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12