Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Post AVA Skinning Section

Does not sound as bad as the title.

I am requesting, to the guy that told me how to skin AVA weapons, that he allows me to release a full tutorial on how to skin weapons and what programs are needed to skin them.

This would be great for the section but I would like to know what the community thinks about the idea before I introduce a full-blown aspect of AVA hacks that no other site has seen before. It would also add a new tab to the section on 'skins' if it expands enough.

But tell me: what are the repercussions? Tell me if you would like to download new skins for weapons, or skins that are already available in-game. Also, most importantly, tell me if you will be making new weapon skins and releasing them here.

Thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    It would be nice if there were downloads of new skins for weapons for AvA just like Combat arms wep mod section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I believe some will try to make skins at first and if they're fail, they will join the mainstream of downloader. I don't know if new skins(custom skin from player) is possible if so it'd be great to community. otherwise It's just like what that guy did.

Thanks
    @Steelskins : What guy? I have no idea what your talking about. And it is do-able, hell, I can place some squiggles over the texture and whamo! a well thought-out pile of rubbish. Also replacing skins; such as the default G36 into the G36 Alligator; is very simple.

Thanks
    @DagothUr dont you give out bullshit please
    according the one who made f2k skin and chrome said it is not easy and he said its even hard to do so

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    BRO! Do you know how AWESOME that would be! This section would BOOM if you released something like that. Firstly, I'd like to say is it easy patchable? I mean, if you release something as amazing as this, it would suck if ijji just patched it Also, another opinion of mine is that since this would be something that no other forum has, should it just be thrown out there or should there be a post count limit on the new sub section. Just throwing out ideas here because I absolutely hate when good things get patched and saturated like the 5 player co op room -_-"

Anyway lol, I think this would be really, really cool if you could release. I'll go ahead and even put in that I will be an un-official skin maker as I am very good at GFX and improving my skills to skin mapping would be really great. I would release a brand new skin every week if I have the time for you guys. And to mods, you should really consider making a section for this like in the Combat Arms section as some of us old AVA Sections members have been waiting for something like this to come and finally give this section the boost it needs to be as active and lively as it used to be

Please Consider!
    youngbuck1970
    AVA Accounts Sold: 7
    Successful Transactions: 10

UnOfficial AVA Account Buyer and Seller
    Most Active UnOfficial MPGH MiddleMan

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!

[IMG]https://i582.photobucke*****m/albums/ss263/snakerss/DontForgetToSayThanks.gif[/IMG]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to youngbuck1970 For This Useful Post:

MasterOfTheOne (03-24-2012)

Thanks
    @u.A.v.A , what? It is easy as balls to do and it requires only a few programs. I don't know who you have been corelating with, but I can tell you it is not difficult. Also, do not accuse me of lying; I don't lie.

@youngbuck1970 , Thanks for your input! But I have to say patronizingly, how can they patch skinning of weapons realistically?
    1. It doesn't alter file size or format.
    2. All it is, is unpacking, altering the texture, and then re-packing.
    3. The only way to patch this is if they changed the file extensions or the indexs. But that would require a lot of downtime and also .upk files are the hardest files to unencript and re-encript.
    4. It's relatively easy to find my way around such patches, so I'll keep you informed on my progress if it is patched

GENERAL UPDATE: Also, keep in mind that it really only takes one report against your name while you have the modded weapon out for them to ban you. Although the chances of them finding your screenshot in the midst of all the others are relatively low. As long as you dont give them a reason to report you in-game, your safe.
    Also keep in mind that they do not perma ban users with altered gun skins, only on the 4th or 5th offence do they perma ban for skins. I got banned for a day a week ago for having an altered gun skin, so I don't think that they ban for more than a month max.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DagothUr View Post
    @u.A.v.A , what? It is easy as balls to do and it requires only a few programs. I don't know who you have been corelating with, but I can tell you it is not difficult. Also, do not accuse me of lying; I don't lie.

@youngbuck1970 , Thanks for your input! But I have to say patronizingly, how can they patch skinning of weapons realistically?
    1. It doesn't alter file size or format.
    2. All it is, is unpacking, altering the texture, and then re-packing.
    3. The only way to patch this is if they changed the file extensions or the indexs. But that would require a lot of downtime and also .upk files are the hardest files to unencript and re-encript.
    4. It's relatively easy to find my way around such patches, so I'll keep you informed on my progress if it is patched

GENERAL UPDATE: Also, keep in mind that it really only takes one report against your name while you have the modded weapon out for them to ban you. Although the chances of them finding your screenshot in the midst of all the others are relatively low. As long as you dont give them a reason to report you in-game, your safe.
    Also keep in mind that they do not perma ban users with altered gun skins, only on the 4th or 5th offence do they perma ban for skins. I got banned for a day a week ago for having an altered gun skin, so I don't think that they ban for more than a month max.
    you know a lot bro
    BUT
    can you tell me what are the "only a few programs"?

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck1970 View Post
    BRO! Do you know how AWESOME that would be! This section would BOOM if you released something like that. Firstly, I'd like to say is it easy patchable? I mean, if you release something as amazing as this, it would suck if ijji just patched it Also, another opinion of mine is that since this would be something that no other forum has, should it just be thrown out there or should there be a post count limit on the new sub section. Just throwing out ideas here because I absolutely hate when good things get patched and saturated like the 5 player co op room -_-"

Anyway lol, I think this would be really, really cool if you could release. I'll go ahead and even put in that I will be an un-official skin maker as I am very good at GFX and improving my skills to skin mapping would be really great. I would release a brand new skin every week if I have the time for you guys. And to mods, you should really consider making a section for this like in the Combat Arms section as some of us old AVA Sections members have been waiting for something like this to come and finally give this section the boost it needs to be as active and lively as it used to be

Please Consider!
    youngbuck1970
    Oh hai @youngbuck1970
    havent seem you get on your msn for a while

Thanks
    I wont release them untill I make the walkthrough as I may come across more effective ways of unpacking .upk files untill then. But I can tell you that a good modeler is uModel. Other than uModel; only one other program is needed, and that is for unpacking and re-packing the moded .upk files.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by u.A.v.A View Post
    you know a lot bro
    BUT
    can you tell me what are the "only a few programs"?

Oh hai @youngbuck1970
    havent seem you get on your msn for a while
    Do I know you? lol

I wont release them untill I make the walkthrough as I may come across more effective ways of unpacking .upk files untill then. But I can tell you that a good modeler is uModel. Other than uModel; only one other program is needed, and that is for unpacking and re-packing the moded .upk files.

When are you doing the walkthrough? As I am VERY excited to get started making skins and such and I'm not afraid of getting banned remotely. I want to get started so I can start releasing stuff to MPGH again

Good thing I already have uModel installed

[IMG]https://i582.photobucke*****m/albums/ss263/snakerss/DontForgetToSayThanks.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    I will do it as soon as I get feedback from an mpgh minion whether they would want me to do so. As this will attract a lot of attention to the AVA section and the site and the minions may have a problem with that (or something). But, yeh, I'm not going to release it untill a minion says if I'm allowed to.

Thanks
    I will do it as soon as I get feedback from an mpgh minion whether they would want me to do so. As this will attract a lot of attention to the AVA section and the site and the minions may have a problem with that (or something). But, yeh, I'm not going to release it untill a minion says if I'm allowed to.
    yea we believe you

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck1970 View Post
    Do I know you? lol

When are you doing the walkthrough? As I am VERY excited to get started making skins and such and I'm not afraid of getting banned remotely. I want to get started so I can start releasing stuff to MPGH again

Good thing I already have uModel installed
    you need more than just a "uModel"
    Last edited by u.A.v.A; 03-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by u.A.v.A View Post
    yea we believe you

you need more than just a "uModel"
    I'm aware, but it's good that I'm already familiar/good with uModel.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I don't have any problems with that and I might as well speak for Woods since he hasn't been on to check this section in a long time...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pie For This Useful Post:

youngbuck1970 (03-22-2012)

Thanks
    isnt only admin can make new sections?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast