Wrote this for assessment in English

It's a story of a young boys transition from life to death.

Falling in Reverse

I don’t know how things got this way, I don’t know how you would expect a child to survive here, I don’t know if there’s anyone else. I don’t know much of myself, where I’m from. Some would have classified me as a youth but I beg to differ, I’ve seen things no child is meant to see.
It’s a dangerous world I live in. it kills you, but this place doesn’t kill you physically, pulling you apart from your arms and legs; it deteriorates you emotionally, slowly eating away at your mentality and sanity until you die inside, wandering the world, a danger to yourself and anything or anyone you come across.

I’ve only ever come across a “crazy” once, but I hear their cry’s and screams. Each night, when the night is crisp and the air is silent, you hear the bellows of innocent people; slowly losing their minds to the virus of insomnia. I don’t know what it is but people these days just become so nuts so quickly. It wasn’t long ago when things where normal, well so I’ve heard. I was born in this mess and I’ve never known a normal world. I don’t even remember the parents that raised me, the last memory I have is just running in fear across a barren desert, feet burning and blistered hands. It is very hard for a 13 year old boy to live here. That’s the only encounter I ever had with the crazy’s and I didn’t look back, my imagination did the work for me, slowly painting a clear picture of what was behind me, growling and gurgling, wanting me dead.
I’m glad I’m not going to die in pain; instead hallucinations of sand figures are already present in the distance. That’s one of the symptoms of the virus. I haven’t slept for 3 days straight; insomnia is caused because of paranoia, seeing constant figures around me, which aren’t actually there. It’s hard to accept my fate, but my environment is telling me that everything is fine, almost like it’s easing me in my transition from human to animal.

A cry for help would be pointless; it would only attract unwanted attention. Instead I’m just lying here, in the sand – Enjoying the Euphoria of the hallucinations. It as if the virus wants you to enjoy your last few moments of humanity, there is no pain- even though your body is preparing itself for physical torture. There is no worry, my paranoia has settled and I’ve learn to accept the hallucinations as if it was actually happening. The transition is about making everything normal. Whoever designed this virus was actually looking out for the people.
A tear runs down my eye. “I’ve always wanted to die on a beach.” I manage to push out those few words. I don’t know whether I’m actually talking to a nearby figure, or nothing. All I see is a field of sand, littered by imaginary things. None of them take notice to anything I say. Again I feel alone, watching dark, celestial figures walking out of the ocean, past me. The hallucinations are scary now.
The sky turns a dark pale colour almost instantaneously. The clouds part and I can see the sun. I feel my thoughts lifting, the satanic, imaginary figures evaporate to dust, and blow in to the air. Am I coming too? Is my insanity wearing off? I am levitating, is this part of the hallucination? I can see myself. I feel dormant but yet i see myself stand.

It hits me; the sudden realisation of death. I wave to goodbye to my physical being. Obviously someone doesn’t want me to cease to exist. I’m slowly pulled into the clouds, and I watch the world I knew around me transform into black oblivion. I’m free from physical life; instead I spend eternity an unforsaken mind, free to imagine my path of continued existence.