Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Question How to Connect XBOX 360 'Phat' no-HDMI console to ASUS VE248H Monitor?

Hello.
    I've been wondering how in the hell to connect my Xbox 360 console(one of the first 500 released with no HDMI, HDD size label or anything) to my HD ASUS VE248H monitor. I need to connect the output component cables from the xbox to the monitor for use, and need to know what adapter etc. I can use. Console is running really, really old firmware and is set to be hacked to hell once back in commission. Any and all help is appreciated, please comment.
    *notes: -Console has no video output besides working component video out
    -I do not require audio to my monitor or speakers, just video
    -Monitor model VE248H only has DVI-D male input x1 and HDMI-input x1
    Thanks again!
    ~NeedleSpree

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Thanks for sharing as i already knew bout it
    Successful Trades : 1

With
    @CAO [Legit Guys]

Scammed 1
    BY
    KyleD@J3W [Scammer don't trust this guys please]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    So do you know how to connect the two or not??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Thanks, that would work, but it would need to be DVI(digital video input) to RCA. That cable is VGA(video graphics array) which only puts out analog video- resulting in a loss of quality.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoKillaDeadMan View Post
    Thanks, that would work, but it would need to be DVI(digital video input) to RCA. That cable is VGA(video graphics array) which only puts out analog video- resulting in a loss of quality.
    Component Out is analog. Its capable of 1080p output. The original Xbox 360 can only output analog.

So the question is, what sort of other connections can your Xbox output at 1080p?

Answer:

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable: Video Games

VGA output is capable of very high resolution output. I'm currently using it to display 2048x1536 @ 75hz on my own computer. The Xbox VGA adapter should be cable of 1080p, just the same as component output. What you would need to check is if your Monitor supports analog input. Judging by the specs you gave me, the answer is no.

There are multiple types of DVI connectors that I don't feel like looking up now. DVI-D is a digital only connection. DVI-I, I think, supports both analog and (dual link) digital. If your monitor supports DVI-A/DVI-I, you can grab the Xbox 360 VGA adapter linked above, then get a VGA to DVI-A adapter.

.... Also for anyone else reading this. The eForcity VGA to RCA/S-Video adapter will not work in many setups. VGA is electrically different from RCA/S-video, therefore needs an active adapter. Not passive as the one linked above. That cable is designed for Video cards that have a setting to either use the VGA port as an actual VGA (D-Sub) port, or an RCA port.

D-Sub to DVI-I adapters work because the signals are electrically the same. DVI ports were designed to carry both the D-sub analog signal and digital DVI signal. You just have to double check if the receiving and sending devices are support the same signal type (analog or digital). In the case of your Xbox 360, its outputting analog, therefore you need to check if your monitor can receive analog.
    Last edited by Listerine; 04-20-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Cleared up a point.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Listerine View Post
    Component Out is analog. Its capable of 1080p output. The original Xbox 360 can only output analog.

So the question is, what sort of other connections can your Xbox output at 1080p?

Answer:

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable: Video Games

VGA output is capable of very high resolution output. I'm currently using it to display 2048x1536 @ 75hz on my own computer. The Xbox VGA adapter should be cable of 1080p, just the same as component output. What you would need to check is if your Monitor supports analog input. Judging by the specs you gave me, the answer is no.

There are multiple types of DVI connectors that I don't feel like looking up now. DVI-D is a digital only connection. DVI-I, I think, supports both analog and (dual link) digital. If your monitor supports DVI-A/DVI-I, you can grab the Xbox 360 VGA adapter linked above, then get a VGA to DVI-A adapter.

.... Also for anyone else reading this. The eForcity VGA to RCA/S-Video adapter will not work in many setups. VGA is electrically different from RCA/S-video, therefore needs an active adapter. Not passive as the one linked above. That cable is designed for Video cards that have a setting to either use the VGA port as an actual VGA (D-Sub) port, or an RCA port.

D-Sub to DVI-I adapters work because the signals are electrically the same. DVI ports were designed to carry both the D-sub analog signal and digital DVI signal. You just have to double check if the receiving and sending devices are support the same signal type (analog or digital). In the case of your Xbox 360, its outputting analog, therefore you need to check if your monitor can receive analog.
    ^^ Thanks for the help, it works like a charm. +rep [Listerine] +rep [Rigby]

Thanks
    ohh yeah that adapter would work