Thread: 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm going beyond pseudo science and religion..
    I'm going by extreme climate change here. I feel 2012 will bring serious changes to our atmosphere,
    and will ultimately change our way of life as we know it.

Care to debate this prediction?
    Last edited by Doc; 01-22-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I think 2012 will be much like any other year. I feel climate change is on exponential slope. 2012 will definitely take some records in the climate department but so will 2013. I don't think 2012 will be anything super special.

The world has gone the climate changes time and time again without any human influence. The difference is we are here to witness record and measure it.

I do feel however that 2012 will be a landmark year politically.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    We must travel to Alpha Centauri with our 19,999 other comrades.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    We must travel to Alpha Centauri with our 19,999 other comrades.

Oh gawd here we go again.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I think 2012 will be much like any other year. I feel climate change is on exponential slope. 2012 will definitely take some records in the climate department but so will 2013. I don't think 2012 will be anything super special.

The world has gone the climate changes time and time again without any human influence. The difference is we are here to witness record and measure it.

I do feel however that 2012 will be a landmark year politically.
    Sun lines up with Milky way for the first time in 26,000 years.
    I hope everything goes according to plan, but last time that happened we had an ice age.(Allegedly.)
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-22-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh gawd here we go again.
    You will be remembered in the annals of civilization.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Sun lines up with Milky way for the first time in 26,000 years.
    I hope everything goes according to plan, but last time that happened we had an ice age.(Allegedly.)
    2012 Question about the Sun aligning with milky way!? - Yahoo! Answers

lold at the top rated answer.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Lets look at in a more in a philosophical view. Our world has been changing rapidly in an economical sense.
    Seems the most advanced governments have been making extremely brash moves despite the public outcry of defiance.
    Perhaps they know more than they wish to make public?

LOL...
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-22-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Lets look at in a more in a philosophical view. Our world has been changing rapidly in an economical sense.
    Seems the most advanced governments have been making extremely brash moves despite the public outcry of defiance.
    Perhaps they know more than they wish to make public?

LOL...
    Perhaps they are trying to gain as much power as possible before anything turns to shit. They say anarchy rises at the worlds end.

I sense a conspiracy.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Perhaps they are trying to gain as much power as possible before anything turns to shit. They say anarchy rises at the worlds end.

I sense a conspiracy.

A conspiracy theory would work fine here, only thing is that oppression is being made clear enough even to a layman.
    People fail to realize that a serious flux in the American economy will indeed affect them.It already has.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

A conspiracy theory would work fine here, only thing is that oppression is being made clear enough even to a layman.
    People fail to realize that a serious flux in the American economy will indeed affect them.It already has.
    You heard about the Black March thing going around? It's being organised and endorsed by the EFF, Mozilla and Creative Commons which aren't exactly small names. And it should get enough attention to get other big names. If something large scale like that does happne it will certainly have a large impact on the economy.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

You heard about the Black March thing going around? It's being organised and endorsed by the EFF, Mozilla and Creative Commons which aren't exactly small names. And it should get enough attention to get other big names. If something large scale like that does happne it will certainly have a large impact on the economy.
    They're small beans compared to Wallstreet bro.
    I do feel we're going to be looking at another economical crash this year.
    As much as I want better things to come, I just don't realistically see it happening anytime soon.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-22-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

They're small beans compared to Wallstreet bro.
    I do feel we're going to be looking at another economical crash this year.
    As much as I want better things to come, I just don't realistically see it happening anytime soon.
    I'm just hoping there'll be enough of an impact from BM so that Hollywood and the MPAA get their heads out of there asses.

I'm just gonna wait and see what the election will hold for America and then we will see if it is the end of the world as we know it. Lets hope the corporates don't fuck it up before then.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm just hoping there'll be enough of an impact from BM so that Hollywood and the MPAA get their heads out of there asses.

I'm just gonna wait and see what the election will hold for America and then we will see if it is the end of the world as we know it. Lets hope the corporates don't fuck it up before then.
    December 21st will be interesting this year.
    10 days after my birthday. My dream is that most of us are all dead the 22nd. I have more respect for animals than humans

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    December 21st, 2012. You wake up as any usual day, and yet the thought of the so-called 'Apocalypse' has haunted your thoughts for the past weeks. There is an overwhelming silence in the atmosphere, and the weirdness of such sends a shiver through your spine. Your eyes are half closed and half open. It is that time of the morning were you are not really woken up completely, and yet you are not dreaming either. You sit up properly, just to find out that it seems like you are in a desert island. There is not one soul to be heard, not one sound be listened- just the cruelty of the sweet silence that you had longed for so many times in your College days, and that now evoked your most dreadful fears. You are afraid to even speak- too many Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead games have implanted the idea that there might be zombies thirsty for blood, and that your voice will just attract them like a deer attracts a cheetah from tenths of meters away. You open the drawer next to your bed, and feel the cold steel of your Mark XIX Desert Eagle through your fingers. It is not fear that wraps you- it is a combination of the anxious beast that was hiding and secretly hoping for this day to come and the mystery that surrounds your whole condition. You pick up the weapon- slowly, there is no need to rush it and the most delicate sound could attract any attention. 'Attention', you think to yourself. 'That is not what I want, is it?'. You walk slowly through the wooden floors of your room towards the window. As your trembling hands approach the closed curtains, you suddenly hope that this is just a dream, a mere nightmare, and that you will wake up in any second. The grey light beams through the little space between the curtains that you just moved. 'Man-up. Come on, man-up' your alter ego speaks, and the so-called MPGHiean that once swore he would fight to death against the zombie horde wakes up. You rip the curtains off, break the window glass with your bare hand, and point the silver gun to the outside. You then move your head forwards. Steadily, slowly, calmly. You can't blow it off now. If there is something outside, then you better be the first to react. And then it hits you. Reality, with all its power, makes you come to your senses. There is nobody. Your street is empty. The houses were once your neighbors lived and flamed at you because of the high volume of your music appeared haunted. Ghostly. Not one human for you to talk to. And so you put your gun down, and sit on the floor. You feel the tears running down your face, and the memories of all the people that you once loved burn in your mind as the fire burns the forest. Rapidly, and painfully. You point your gun to your head. The trigger seduces you. And just as your sweaty finger starts to press the steel with force, a sudden 'beep' sounds from the table behind you. 'What the-' you whisper, and then you see your cellphone beeping. 'Why?' you ask yourself. How can there be electricity or even signal? You grab the device- slowly, you are suspicious about it. A bomb, perhaps? Nonesense. You put on your balls and open it swiftly. '1 New Email Message'. You open the email and smile reluctantly. Tears are still coming down your face, but this time they are of happiness. The mail reads; 'Dear fellow MPGHieans; we find ourselves alone in this world. It appears that only the strongest members of our community have survived. If you are reading this message, you are alive. But you are not alone. It has happened- zombies do exist. We are trying to get all of the remaining humans together, so we can find this zombie horde together. Please, contact us and we will find a way to get you here. In the mean time, the best of luck. Sincerely yours, Dave.'

And that is what will happen in December 21st 2012.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Nathan For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (01-30-2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast