Thanks

WoW Private Servers

I was wondering if anyone plays WoW private servers. I just downloaded WoW and I am looking for a good server to join.

Thanks
    well thats the problem. realy good servers are hard to find. one of the better ones just got closed down (was a friends of mine)
    the problem is a lot of these servers have a lot of lag or just realy immature GM's

Thanks
    Yea thats what I was afraid of...Alot of them make it very hard to register to, I guess they don't want many people playing.

Thanks
    well, they arn't that hard. just go to the same adress as the one you put into the wtf file (but loose the :xxxx)
    they usualy run the registration site on the server aswell
    (u usualy HAVE to use IE to register)

Thanks
    I have been trying out private servers for WoW. I came across three good ones and I play on all three. You need this for these links to work.

Raidens WoW Server: Connect Register Webpage

WoW Reloaded - High Rate: Connect Register Webpage

Thanks
    you forgot the third good one

MPGH WoW
    www.mpgh.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro User
    errr......where is the registery?
    [IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/Sig/mpghm.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    I was a GM on Delloman's WoW server before it shut down.

After it shut down I created my own WoW server. My server was pretty damn good as far as functionality goes, I modded the shit out of it. But I just didn't have the bandwidth to handle many people. So I stopped doing that.

Shortly after I started playing on https://wwwchaoticdesignz.net. Awesome ping, run on AMD64 with 4 gigs of ram. Very, very, nice server.

Within a few weeks of playing on chaoticdesignz and getting a Paladin up to level 83, they made me a GM on that server as well. I was a GM for a few weeks until some twerps started saying things about me using my GM char to give my other account items and stuff which simply wasn't true (I had all my items before I was even given a GM account). But chaoticdesignz is run by a bunch of 16 year olds who aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, so to speak. So they removed my GM status and I stopped playing there.

My conclusion is, don't bother with private servers, just fricken pay for WoW. You will enjoy it much more.

I'm never going to play on another private WoW server again unless I'm a GM, because being a GM was actually pretty fun. Hours of entertainment going around the map at 10x speed and changing NPCs to different models and making them bigger, etc. Also fun coding in custom NPCs which do new things.

I was going to upgrade my computer system to AMD64, 4 gigs of ram, 100mbit line, and start my server back up, but Blizzard is really cracking down on private servers now and being in the USA, I don't want my ass sued.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Arent WoW servers emulated?

Besides they probably would send you a cease and desist first.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    If your running it on an emulator then there isn't much they can do. And they would warn you first, before they did anything.

Thanks
    I don't feel like paying for WoW because I pay for like 4 other games now. The server I play on has very high rates and epic shops so it makes it fun.

Thanks
    Yeah but you have to realize, the majority of judges in the U.S.A. don't understand how the interweb works, let alone what an emulator is.

They would definitely rule in the favor of blizzard. And yes blizzard has already taken down some private servers.

Thanks
    Yeah, they are starting to destroy "indiscreate and juvenile individuals who can't be trusted on a server." So better play as hard and fast as you can, cause your days of PLeD WoW and getting rare items are over.....Some judges will know, but of course Blizzard will find a judge who dosen't know what a emulater is. I hate advancement in technology, from hacking as in telnet to hacking with bypassing friken security and how games start being all self rightous......Well I'm going to miss hacking in the future, the gov. will start cracking down.....